Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mega squirt and 96 turbo auto question or.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mega squirt and 96 turbo auto question or.?

i have two 96 probes, one manual klze and one so dam stock nice i have elected to keep it auto but want to play with trying to turbo it. ( it was orginially going to be a parts car to the first one but its so minty)

anyway, i want to mega squirt but of course the 96 ecu talks to the trans pcm and its built into the ecu unlike the 93-95

i am looking for small boost and understand its auto and will probably put an explorer trans cooler and stuff into it till it shits.. its a jdm trans i got out of japan... lets hope its limited slip!

anyway .. question is: can i boost at all with stock ecu? any parallel or piggy back with out alot of brain damage.. shift points will get all messed?

i am already looking into the piping and the guy that already did it on this forum.. nice work if he reads this..

thanks all .

This seems like a bad idea.
    1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

I went the piggyback option to leave the spark control - and knock sensor, fans, EGR - with the stock ECU. I have since moved on to using the DIY Autotune knock sensor circuit but using the same principle should work for controlling the auto transmission.

Here is the piggyback wiring harness I used.

https://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...post1924011445

Comment

don't turbo an ATX Probe. I've seen it done before. He used Megasquirt. The trans can't handle it.
        1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
        2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
        2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

your going to have to build the transmission!!!
          93 Probe gt- ,15.37 1/4 mile at mph 85 ** 5/24/03 14.71 SOLD
          1994 gt -klze,I/h/e/fly/ignition/kl31 ecu,colt210/210 cams Rip 2/13/08(blackice)
          92 mx3gs,ze swap from my probe 15.0@96mph :-( 175hp&155tq
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396402

Comment

the trans is from a klze from japan., works great I am reporting.. bet it had all of 60k on it and when I changed the trans filter it was good.. used quality full synthetic merc v fluid this go around..

so for now I got the car running again with a couple codes to figure out...

still thinking about the turbo!! so far I will stick with the hei mod and under pulley but the piggy back idea is neat ..! thanks mike 99
            Last edited by raxip; May 12, 2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

What ECU are you using for a "jdm" auto trans ?
              1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Working...
              X