• Show
Clear All

They got some big dreams.
    95 PGT ZE boosted so custom SOLD still dreamnt about
    05 Altima SE-R 6spd
    04 GSXR 600 PIC
    Stealth RT Twin turbo

Comment

May not like it but hyundai is doing some big things and there not going down the johnny like the other companys
      95 GT Chameleon Beauty
      http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps15cc5293.jpg

"Without Risk There Is No Reward"

Comment

Hyundai is still the fastest growing car company in the world. Their quality has grown in leaps and bounds since the early part of the decade.

That being said, no, this will not compete with BMW or Benz. They have a long ways to go before a Korean company sits next to a European in the luxury performance arena.

To me it looks like Solara v.2.0.

I think the Genesis coupe is about the top of their bar for what the American buyer will succumb to from them at this point. Front wheel drive, more power than the Tiburon could ever dream of having, those are win points for me. Is it too heavy and bulky to really get the most of its power? Who knows.

But this...no. It defeats the point of a status symbol if everyone looks at it and goes "What the hell is that?"
        "If you can't beat 'em, then they aren't tied down properly."

Comment

That's just it - this type of car is a completely unnecessary, over the top, ridiculous, gawdy demonstration to attempt to imply to others class, money, status, and power.

When I say those words, not many people think of Hyundai.

Comment

I congradulate companies for building a nice car, not bitch about it not being perfect. If you guys want all Chevettes in this world, then you'll get your wish with this attitude.

Jealousy gets you nowhere.
            97 GT, MTX, GReddy, MX3 Flywheel, Clutchmasters Clutch, Phenolic Spacers, Bored TB, Home Depot Racing CAI, AWR Motor Mounts, Short Throw Shifter, H4 Conversion, PIAA Fogs, Tokico's/Eibachs, Probetalk Sway Bar, Beautiful FACTORY Paint!

Comment

I like hyundai...I think this car looks better than a mercedes
              1994PGT SOLD
              1991MX6GTSOLD New Dyno 12psi: 190whp 261tq

1997 F-250HD 7.5 (sold)
              2010 Nissan ArmaaahhhDaaah 4x4 SE w/ limited slip
              1995 Mazda 626 ES 5spd (SOLD). 1999 LEXUS RX300 AWD

Comment

Word. I think it will be able to compete with mercedes and BMW, but it will fall short. But just the fact that it is up there with these automakers is saying a lot. I truly think hyundai may need to change their name eventually if they want to sell more cars in the states. Im a big hyundai fan, but reading this thread seems that even car people still think of hundai excels when they see the word hyundai.
                Some kind of thunder inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiplash_89 View Post
                  but reading this thread seems that even car people still think of hundai excels when they see the word hyundai.

Good point. The 90,000 part is a little out there. I think they need to gradually increase in accordance with demand. They need a luxury division, similar to nissan (*infinity*), toyota(*lexus*), etc.

Hyundai (*?????*) (*Fission*) (*Eon*)
                  1994PGT SOLD
                  1991MX6GTSOLD New Dyno 12psi: 190whp 261tq

1997 F-250HD 7.5 (sold)
                  2010 Nissan ArmaaahhhDaaah 4x4 SE w/ limited slip
                  1995 Mazda 626 ES 5spd (SOLD). 1999 LEXUS RX300 AWD

Comment

Originally posted by pHeLiOs27 View Post
                    Good point. The 90,000 part is a little out there. I think they need to gradually increase in accordance with demand. They need a luxury division, similar to nissan (*infinity*), toyota(*lexus*), etc.

Hyundai (*?????*) (*Fission*) (*Eon*)
                    I think this is the truth.

No one would buy a Lexus if it were badged as a Toyota. People KNOW that Lexus is made by Toyota, but it isn't "officially" badged as a Toyota. Same thing applies to Infinity and Acura. Part sharing is there, but it has a different name, and it isn't sold with the cheap-o cars. Walk into a Lexus dealership and what's the cheapest car? Walk into a Hyundai dealership and what's the cheapest car? You can't have a $80k price difference in the same show room from your low end to high end, unless your low end it already high end.

I see no reason why Hyundai can't sell a $90k car, and to be honest I think it looks pretty nice. But at the end of the day it's badged with the same name and would be sold in the same showroom as the Accent.
                    Last edited by Rexan; February 26, 2009, 04:40 PM.

Comment

that price tag is just too high. Why would you get a 90k hyundai when you can get a mercedies or bmw for the same price. Usually its, the 25k hyundai is made to compete with a 40k car
                      -Jimmy Forester

Comment

I like it, Hell Lamborghini used to make tractors, that didnt turn out too bad
                        MMX BEST ROLLIN WERCK
                        1991 accord wagon..20's, ear bleeding system..storm trooper style /08 CRV black/tan sunroof...stock /1965 thunderbird landau/

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Sinsei View Post
                          that price tag is just too high. Why would you get a 90k hyundai when you can get a mercedies or bmw for the same price. Usually its, the 25k hyundai is made to compete with a 40k car
                          At one point Toyota and Honda made crap cars too. Yet why do people buy Lexus and Acura over Mercedes and BMW (btw, I love how Audi is ignored in this convo).

As I said, attaching this car with the Hyundai name is a mistake. I see no reason why they can't sell high end cars, as this looks nice, but they need a new badge.

Comment

meh.

Ford Taurus SHO FTW! lol

Dave Kolenski
                            2011 Ford Ranger 4x4 SPORT 4.0L Black/Black
                            3.73's, Rancho suspension, Flowmaster exhaust, red pinstripe, bedmat.
                            Future: 6 inch lift, 33 BFG's. Windshield visor, diamond plated bedrails.

Comment

Originally posted by Confounded View Post
                              Hyundai is still the fastest growing car company in the world. Their quality has grown in leaps and bounds since the early part of the decade.

That being said, no, this will not compete with BMW or Benz. They have a long ways to go before a Korean company sits next to a European in the luxury performance arena.

To me it looks like Solara v.2.0.

I think the Genesis coupe is about the top of their bar for what the American buyer will succumb to from them at this point. Front wheel drive, more power than the Tiburon could ever dream of having, those are win points for me. Is it too heavy and bulky to really get the most of its power? Who knows.

But this...no. It defeats the point of a status symbol if everyone looks at it and goes "What the hell is that?"
                              Genesis is RWD
                              86 Pontiac Fiero 2M6
                              2001 Ford Focus ZX3
                              1987 Dodge Daytona 2.2L Turbo
                              1996 Yamaha YZF 600R
                              2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Comment

Originally posted by ThrashTimeDave View Post
                                meh.

Ford Taurus SHO FTW! lol

Are you really trying to compare a Taurus to this? Seriously?

Comment

Working...
                                X