• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's it located? Crankshaft Position Sensor #2 - error code 04

Last edited by davaravid; June 24, 2008, 08:21 PM. Reason: delete

Comment

Originally posted by davaravid
      Howdie

Does anyone know where this sensor is located? The crankshaft position sensor #2. I did the car's self-diagnostic and I get error code 04.

Thanks!

There is a search button in the top right hand area of the forum page. However if I remember right, isnt the cranshaft sensors in relation to the disty? I think the disty must be changed.
      1990 PGL

Custom 2 1/4 Catback, Standard Cone Intake, Polished Valve Cover, More to Come!

Comment

I have a 91 LX 3.0 and there is a red w/ white stripe wire by the disty but i read my book further and found out that to check codes for it is on the fire wall. It is the EEC-IV plug. The plug is set up with 2 at the top and four on the bottom row. It said to run the sti that i need to run a jumper from the sti to pin #2( top right of the plug). Then connect the voltmeter negative probe to pin four(second from left on bottom row), then connect the positive probe to the positve post on the battery. Thats when you do the O,R,C. Of course as it was already said in here to set the scale to 15 - 20 volts.

I did this and i got no code errors. Accept for 11, which is system ok.
        1991 LX MTX ....Sold ( I miss my Probe )

1992 Honda Civic LX (a monstrous 102hp- 1.5L )...Cost $100

All together now " WE TALL DID "

Comment

what if you can get no codes at all? (89 gt won't start, so only can do koeo test)
          all i get continuous short flashes about 3 seconds apart, this will go on forever if i let it.

Comment

hey mine is reading 06 which is vss signal, my car *seems* to run fine, what do I need to do to correct this? thanks

Comment

Lots to learn here

I searched FOREVER to find how to pull these codes.... thank GOD I finally found this....

Now.... how do I get the "check engine" light to go off once I fix the problem(s) I'm going to find on my 1989 Probe?

Comment

Originally posted by RandyJ
                I searched FOREVER to find how to pull these codes.... thank GOD I finally found this....

Now.... how do I get the "check engine" light to go off once I fix the problem(s) I'm going to find on my 1989 Probe?

Disconnect the battery, hold down the brake pedal for approximate 45 seconds, reconnect battery.
                1990 PGL

Comment

Originally posted by evhgame
                  Disconnect the battery, hold down the brake pedal for approximate 45 seconds, reconnect battery.
                  THANKS! I've only been fooling with cars for about 40 years and still have alot to learn. These cars are a new game for me.... now for some idiot help...
                  I get nothing but 9's ... this is very different from pulling codes on GM's and my 97 Dodge intrepid.
                  The 9's tell me it is the engine coolant temperature sensor.... I'm not real familiar with some of this stuff. I called my bud at the local parts store and he tells me there are like 3 sensors or switches.... one for fan, one for the gauge, and one for the computer... well, the fan works, the gauge is working, so I'm asking you if I'm right that it must be the one for the computer ?

Comment

Now I really wonder what to do. When I check the codes this is what happens. As soon as I ground the sti the check engine light goes off for a few seconds then I get 9 blinks, pause, 9 blinks, pause, etc. continuously..... I checked all the terminals and plugs on the water outlet and around it (4 of them). The fan sensor has been busted but is functional. I replaced the coolant temp sensor. I removed the negative battery cable and applied the brake for 1 minute. I even tried to ground the battery cables together to clear ecu.... when I crank it up the check engine light doesn't come on for maybe 30 seconds then it's right back on and I'm right back where I started (less $20 for the sensor)..... Anyone got a clue what could be causing this code 9 other than the coolant temp sensor?

Comment

Hey Randy. Check for a break in the wiring at all. Sounds like you did everything correct in the resetting the ECU. Did u make sure u replaced the right one? Theres a few of these coolant related things on our cars, but all in the same area. Did U replace the one with the box 2 prong connector on the thermostat housing? The one with the black or grey retangular connector? If not, thats the one and its getting no signal. Replace as necessary. If u continue to have trouble, make a new thread and us other Probe people can come up with some answers if u keep having trouble..Good luck
                      1990 PGL

Comment

Working...
                      X