No announcement yet.

Pro Im

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well todd looks like a far design... now i hope this will hold 20 psi or so... I like the idea of the one piece with acess panel...but would like to know alittle more about her.. and people dynos will come.. this post it about design and such
    Would love for pmo/pro to give me my 2000 veilside hyundai tiburon back and the several thousands of dollars they owe me or the parts!

Comment

Each runner will have it's own O-ring gasket were the plenum mates to them. We're going to try to use an O-ring gasket for the access panel as well. We have the wall thickness of the plenum .5" and the runners at .25 and may grow from there. We need to have a thick enough wall to drill and tap mounting holes. We would like to use 1/4 20 ? hardware. Like I said this is going to be a bolt together unit.
      For the fuel injectors. We are not going to be able to install them in the center of the IM. There is simply no room. The overall height of the IM is about 6.25" in order to clear the hood. This is why the runners are at an inward angle so the injectors can be installed on the outside of the runners and not hit the VC.

I would appreciate if someone can help with flow data. Here are some figures that will help.

Plenum has a rectangle i/d of 5.00"Wx11.00"Lx3.00"H
      Runners has a rectangle i/d of 1.112"Wx1.815"Lx2.00"H

Here is a question as far as the velocity stacks. This is going to be the hardest obstacle. With the runners being a rectangle shape the stacks will have to be custom made as well. This I was told would bring the price up dramatically. Do they need to stick up inside the plenum? Or can we machine an extreme bevel inside the runner to create velocity?
      Last edited by neonman; January 2, 2005, 09:10 AM.

Comment

maybe velo stacks like these?

also, why are you using square runners? would it be cheaper and easier to use round. what kind of flages will bw used? just DE or th ZE too? aww screw it I'm gonna call.
        Last edited by 96PRBPWR; January 2, 2005, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 96PRBPWR

maybe velo stacks like these?

also, why are you using square runners? would it be cheaper and easier to use round. what kind of flages will bw used? just DE or th ZE too? aww screw it I'm gonna call.
          I'm here at the shop.

Comment

Damn it, so I'm gonna have to go back to dual fuel rails. Still better then stock though and works with my top feeds.

I'm guessing that it's to tall to fit under the hood if you tilted the runners OUT and tried to stick the rail and Inj. in the middle.

It also looks like you could take off the access cover and bolt a blower right on top of that thing. New hood would be required though.
            95 Black Probe GT
            Currently being parted out.

Comment

You guy's are going to shit when you see this cad drawing. We are hoping to have the complete program ready to run the part by next week. We will though, have a drawing to post Friday. :fingers crossed:

Comment

Man... I need to just wire my paycheck directly to PRO from now on lol
                Sensei blue PGT Turbo'd http://members.cardomain.com/kes16

Comment

Originally posted by neonman
                  You guy's are going to shit when you see this cad drawing. We are hoping to have the complete program ready to run the part by next week. We will though, have a drawing to post Friday. :fingers crossed:
                  hey todd, I talked to my machine guy, he has to get back with me on the flow data. he said that your design looks very promising for us boosted folk. I will have to talk to you more after I get back from NY. see ya todd, keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by 96PRBPWR
                    hey todd, I talked to my machine guy, he has to get back with me on the flow data. he said that your design looks very promising for us boosted folk. I will have to talk to you more after I get back from NY. see ya todd, keep up the good work.
                    Thanks Antonio

Comment

Originally posted by FuLcRuM
                      It also looks like you could take off the access cover and bolt a blower right on top of that thing. New hood would be required though.
                      M90 and 25psi here we come!!

Comment

Originally posted by FuLcRuM

holy crap, my engine guy said the same exact thing.

Comment

Ok guy's remember I'm older then dinosaur shit One thing at a time please.

But yes Krish you had me looking at how to run the drivebelt today

Comment

Originally posted by neonman
                            Ok guy's remember I'm older then dinosaur shit One thing at a time please.
                            I'm not alone!!!!!!! is looking for me.
                            Barry
                            Registered Probetalk Member #392.
                            Co-founder of ALPOC. Formerly had '93 Rio Red GT, PRD STS-99, Bosch H4 lamps, Borla, Pilot 1055-c driving lamps. IT'S CRUNCHY!
                            '93 Teal PGT. '94 black PSE. '91 PLX, 300k+ miles.

Comment

Hey todd if you need help with flow data or math send me the numbers and what you want. I am damn good a thermodynamics and crazy calculations. So if you need some done just let me know, i am more than happy to help bro.
                              -J-Rod-
                              301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
                              93 PGT-T
                              96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
                              08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

Maybe someone already asked this and I missed it, so if so, sorry. Just wondering though, does this thing accept stock throttle bodies, or different throttle bodies? I mean, I have a 65mm bored stocker. Would it just bolt on?
                                Jesus is the remedy
                                Black '94 GT DE/ZE hyrbid, too many parts to list
                                Black '89 MX-6 GT AWS: T3/T4 turbo, 3" exhaust, big brakes, FD's, K-sports, FD's, plus much more...
                                Ebony Pearl '95 Subaru SVX LSi home of: BontragerWerks 22mm RSB #001

Comment

Working...
                                X