Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official SCPOC Meet: August 18, 2007 - Twist O Rama!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official SCPOC Meet: August 18, 2007 - Twist O Rama!

After a brief hiatus, the annual SCPOC Twist-O-Rama is returning for 2007.

This drive is our normal end of summer event that in year's past, has been shared by SCPOC, our brothers to the north in BAPOC, and our friends to the east in AZPOC. It has also typically been a two day event, but for this year, there is a change in that it will only be a one day event.

After the drive, we'll have a nice dinner at Outback Steakhouse in Temecula, which is closer to the end of the cruise than it would be if we were to try and make it back to San Diego or even Orange County.

The drive will start at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista at 10:00am SHARP! This means DO NOT BE LATE or you will have to play catch up.

If anyone is interested in caravanning to Chula Vista and you're not already in the San Diego area, you can meet us at the designated SCPOC Orange County meeting spot [it's available on the club website @ www.scpoc.com]. We will leave this location NO LATER than 8:30 am, to give us enough time to get there and gas up.

Itineraries are available via the club website and are in both Microsoft Word format and Adobe Acrobat format.

Please print out this document and have it with you on the day of the cruise. Not only does it have the schedule of events, but I've taken great care to have turn-by-turn directions with map pictures to help everyone out.

Please take the time to read the first page of this document, as it has very useful information regarding conduct and the use of FRS radios. SCPOC strongly encourages the use of FRS radios with privacy subchannels. We use these radios to coordinate our group during club events like this one. They are relatively inexpensive and most come with the privacy channels. Also please take care to exercise courtesy when using these radios during an event, as they are for communicating important messages, not for idle chatter.

SCPOC also has some "rules of the road" that we follow during our cruise events as well:
    • Limit your FRS radio communications to delivering messages pertinent to the cruise.
    • We will have a maximum speed limit and it will be determined by posted speed limits and/or driving conditions.
    • There will be no passing to move from behind a "slow" vehicle.
    • No tailgating of any kind will be tolerated.
    • This event is NOT A RACE. There are no points awarded, nor are there any trophies.
    • Failure to adhere to the above guidelines will result in your being asked to leave the group.

We hope that you will have fun during this event and at the dinner afterward.

See you there.
    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

I am, with out a doubt, in. The last TOR held was a couple of years ago and I was only able to make the Fiesta Island portion of the event.

1. Shawn (for sure)
    Life is a class room, every day is a lesson.
    IC1(SW) Satterfield, US Navy
    "Home of the free because of the brave "

Comment

Ive never been to TOR but from what shawn tells me its soemthing i shouldnt miss so im in atleast for the food part of the meet definately and the cruise 99% sure ill be there holding the rear with a stocker
      SD Probe drivers
      1. Shawn (for sure)
      2. Dan ( grubbin and likely drivin)
      Last edited by 94PGTKLDE; July 6, 2007, 09:43 PM.
      My Probe: 1990 gl
      DD probe AKA "junky" :1994 GT KLDE Mods: CAI,
      Mods from the Junkyard :2.5'' catback, sTs and poly bushings, front strut bar, 17 lbs flywheel, MX6 5 speed, shredded timing belt

Comment

im down.....question is this....should i wear my full leathers?
        NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

Comment

As long as your leathers don't include your ars hanging out of the back, sure go ahead .

Comment

I wanted to attend this one, but I'm going to try and do the practice event on August 18th at Cali Speedway... but if I dont get in, I'll make it to this one... otherwise I'll make up for it by coming to this months meet.
            96 MX6 LS PTE preped
            96 Probe GT (Sold)
            93 KLZE Base Probe (Sold)

Comment

Well, this is a bit disappointing. There is almost no interested in this meet (judging by the lack of activity so far). I hope there are more people posting in this thread in the coming weeks.

Comment

I'm off that day, but we just had a guy leave. so we will have to be picking up the slack. but so far I'm down, and hope to be in the probe.
                I need some new tires now.
                1989 GT, heavily modded....

Comment

1. Shawn
                  2. Dan
                  3. Eric
                  4. Aaron
                  5. Jarrod
                  6. Renato (350z)

and maybe more to come
                  96PGTZE~GREDDY~MAGNAFLOW~ACT
                  FIDANZA~WILWOOD~AWR~RR-RACING~HS~OUTLAW
                  PRD~MSD-WINDOWS~TEIN-SS~RX-8~ALPINE

Comment

yep I will have to be there on this one
                    Current: Green Envy Fiesta ST e85 Tuned
                    Project: Olive Green SAAB 9-3 HOT 19T Biopower
                    Sold: BCM MS6, MSP,
                    Sold:3L Full Oval Port Swapped 99 Cougar
                    Hookers and Blow, LET'S GO.

Comment

SD Probe drivers:
                      1. Shawn (for sure)
                      2. Dan ( grubbin and likely drivin)
                      3. Dante (for sure)

I will be holding the rear right along with Dan..
                      Last edited by Unit.One's.pgt; July 24, 2007, 06:17 PM.
                      1990 Ford Probe Gt MTX.@ 16 Psi -SOLD!
                      New Whip: 1995 PGt MTX..
                      Mods: Eibach springs_Catback Exhaust_Civic Sts_CAi ..13lbs. Fd's..

DET.cRew

Comment

Originally posted by apinn_25
                        Well, this is a bit disappointing. There is almost no interested in this meet (judging by the lack of activity so far). I hope there are more people posting in this thread in the coming weeks.
                        we still have a few weeks. i've invited the SHO and MOCC guys for this event and i'll be reminding them that it's coming up when we're into august. i'm positive the turnout will be great and i'm expecting to fill up that outback when we're done.

the september meet should not wait until the last minute either. it's the queen mary show and we need to have a good show of support to make up for the lack of vehicles that were entered and displayed last year. please visit the september meet thread for more info.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. I need to send my entry form out (part absent minded / part procrastination).

I'm looking forward to a good meet.

Comment

Myself and Jackie are planning on attending, first I need to get the damn AC fixed for that arduous drive through the damn desert!

All I need to do is get the system vacuumed and pumped! Everything less the AC pump is brand new.

It would be fun to as many of you as possible. We may also extend our weekend to include taking Monday off so we can sit on the beach Sunday and enjoy an ocean view!
                            Last edited by Rick_96PGT; July 25, 2007, 04:29 PM.
                            Rick_96PGT #62
                            "I never apologize.
                            I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am."
                            - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_96PGT
                              Myself and Jackie are planning on attending, first I need to get the damn AC fixed for that arduous drive through the damn desert!

All I need to do is get the system vacuumed and pumped! Everything less the AC pump is brand new.

It would be fun to as many of you as possible. We may also extend our weekend to include taking Monday off so we can sit on the beach Sunday and enjoy an ocean view!
                              we would LOVE to have you guys out. i miss talking to jackie [and *humph* you - ].

but it's only a ONE DAY event rick. i might stay down there anyway because of a mustang thing happening the next day, so we could hang out with you guys if you want to hit the beach.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                              X