No announcement yet.

There's still some good people out there. Waitress gets $10,000 tip on $26 tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's still some good people out there. Waitress gets $10,000 tip on $26 tab

I don't know if i wanna believe it
    But a waitress in Kansas at an Applebee's got a $10,000 tip on a $26 bill.

I must say i bet she was quite surprised.
    http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...00010000000001
    Jonathan Seifert
    93 PGT, 1st AAS kit in the east, alot more mods than most, Robin's egg blue custom paint.(SOLD)
    05 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    11 Toyota Rav4
    NPA!

haha did you read the end? she wants to take care of her family, but she thinks he wants her to buy something for herself, so shes gonna get a jeep? hahahaahahahahahaha

Comment

That's awesome!

. . . but I wonder how much Applebee's gets out of that tip.
      I get my BS degree in 92 days!

Comment

Damn!

I never got a tip like that when I waited tables! Best I ever got was a $20 tip on a $6 meal.

Originally posted by pinkbutton
        That's awesome!

. . . but I wonder how much Applebee's gets out of that tip.

Applebees gets nothing out of the tips. I've never heard of a restaurant taking money from people's tips. Now the Government on the other hand...
        Last edited by Fiveliter302; August 31, 2006, 06:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        MMIV, MMV, MMVI, MMVII, HH2k2, HH2k3, HH2k4, HH2k5, HH2k6, HH2k7, HH2k8

Comment

That's because people look down on sheep ****ers Poopa...
          Steve-Paul_______________
          YuengPong 6 & 7 Champion
          Daily Driver:___04 Dodge SRT-4
          Hobby car:___96 Probe Se

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveliter302
            Applebees gets nothing out of the tips. I've never heard of a restaurant taking money from people's tips. Now the Government on the other hand...
            The Ruby Tuesday I worked at took a percentage of each waiter's/waitress' tips at the end of their shift.
            I get my BS degree in 92 days!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkbutton
              The Ruby Tuesday I worked at took a percentage of each waiter's/waitress' tips at the end of their shift.
              more than likley they took a % of you sales as a tip out for the bar tender/bus boys/food runners
              MMX BEST ROLLIN WERCK
              1991 accord wagon..20's, ear bleeding system..storm trooper style /08 CRV black/tan sunroof...stock /1965 thunderbird landau/

Comment

Man I could use 10g's right now, it is nice to see some people out there are'nt selfish
                No car, no home, no job

Comment

Originally posted by Steves 96 PSE
                  That's because people look down on sheep ****ers Poopa...

Those bastards!!!

Originally posted by soufkackicustom
                  more than likley they took a % of you sales as a tip out for the bar tender/bus boys/food runners

Exactly. When I waited tables it was up to us to tip out those people. I know alot of places automatically take it out. I would NEVER work somewhere that actually took part of your tips for themselves!
                  Last edited by Fiveliter302; August 31, 2006, 08:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  MMIV, MMV, MMVI, MMVII, HH2k2, HH2k3, HH2k4, HH2k5, HH2k6, HH2k7, HH2k8

Comment

The company is in the final stages of verifying the tip, McNee said, while also working to maintain the customer's privacy and make sure the money goes through the proper channels to get to Kienow.

"Nothing would make us happier than to present her with that check," McNee said. "She's been with us for eight years, and she's a great employee who does a great job."
                    Whoa is it me or is Applebee's taking credit for the tip and acting like they are giving it to her because she deserved it. That pisses me off
                    Nissan 350z Touring Roadster

Comment

... Its all bs.

Im a server and never a get a tip that size.

Most Ive gotten is $300 off one tab.

And why a 10k tip at Applebees? Best table head ever I guess.

Tip out 3% of your sales, sell 1,000 that night, you tip out 30. She has to claim that tip with the government which sucks, but its 10k...

Comment

She's going to have the taxes taken out of her next paycheck from that tip. So more than likely, she won't get a paycheck that week.
                        Ross Evilsizor
                        92' Silver GL MTX 11/18/1991-8/3/2011
                        Major Meets: HH 2K5 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 BAMM 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 2K11 MM8 MM9 MMX PPMI Marriage Mayhem 2007 3M 08 Goat's Gettysburg 2010

Comment

To bad tip reporting is required, tax on that is going to be a bitch, I dont know how applebees works but if they take a cut on top of taxes (via said required tip reporting laws) and she wont be looking at 10k anymore.
                          Dan- ASE certified-A1, A4, A5, A8
                          Life, Liberty and the Pursuit...
                          R.I.P. Joe Mohr 10/3/06, Tom Major 2/17/08
                          I dont do cars anymore, I have a type 03 FFL...

Comment

Originally posted by Steak

Tip out 3% of your sales, sell 1,000 that night, you tip out 30. She has to claim that tip with the government which sucks, but its 10k...
                            Tips out changes bar to bar. At my old bar it was 2%

Comment

That guy left that big tip because he wants to get in her pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X