No announcement yet.

Old Timers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who were born the day I bought my probe have been drinking legally for six months.

It's been a longer period of time since the day I bought my Probe than my age during Myrtle Madness '98.
    Greg Martin
    2009 BMW 328i
    2017 BMW X3
    1990 Probe LX

Comment

Surfed PT for a couple of years until I decided to join in 02, literally lived my life here until around 2013 when my beloved PGT was just sitting in garage in need of attention. Pulled the plug in it when I had to move out of there so most turbo stuff ended up with some of you, the body with some parts left ended up to a local guy who was also buying parts prior to giving up.
      If only I had held it for another month when I got a better job, I would have still driven it but now I moved into older Volvos and I'm getting hooked on them just like my PGTs (yes had three second gens and two first gens from 98-13).
      Cheers to all old times as well as the new blood who still finds the PGT attractive
      Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
      1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
      1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
      1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

I have owned a Probe longer than I haven't.
        Sandon Lettieri
        1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
        2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

Originally posted by pgt4speed View Post
          Well, crap, Sandon, I never thought of if that way, but you're right, so have I!

I'm guessing I'm one of the few original owners still left. And yes, I still have it.

(I also still have the bicycle and microwave oven I bought back in '95 as well.)
          If you had a 409 engine, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Felipe I Torrejon
          And you dropped it into a Formula Firebird, ~~~~~~~ '95 Rio Red A-PGT
          Would you have a Formula 409? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Perpetually Stock

Comment

Originally posted by pgt4speed View Post
            Impressive. I can't beat that, only 15 years of ownership!
            95 Probe GT -- 24 Hours of LeMons race car!
            Our teams Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

Comment

Nothing but a KLZE and a 6-speed left of all my things. Waiting for an unsuspecting Miata at some point methinks.
              Attached Files
              90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
              93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
              97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
              90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Merry Christmas!
                2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
                  Nothing but a KLZE and a 6-speed left of all my things. Waiting for an unsuspecting Miata at some point methinks.
                  Me thinks mine would work well for you.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...use17/6ul1.jpg

I guess this post will be my annual check in here. I haven't owned a Probe or MX-6 since 2005, but I still check in here every once in a while.
                  Member # 258
                  '93PGT - SOLD(twice) '92PGT - parted, '90 MX-6 GT - SOLD
                  '18 Ford Super Duty SuperCrew 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by majo8 View Post
                    Impressive. I can't beat that, only 15 years of ownership!
                    I've owned a Ford Probe (or two) since 1991. Although my PGT has been a garage ornament since April 2007. I'm close though. Just need to remove/test/replace the old Walbro 190lph fuel pump now which is groaning like a centenarian after a day of tackle football.
                    Jin "Time Traveler" Kim
                    chrono@chrono.org
                    http://www.chrono.org
                    '95 PGT own
                    '06 Mazdaspeed 6
                    '13 Evolution GSR
                    '90/'91 PGT owned

Comment

Originally posted by Nechronius View Post
                      I've owned a Ford Probe (or two) since 1991. Although my PGT has been a garage ornament since April 2007. I'm close though. Just need to remove/test/replace the old Walbro 190lph fuel pump now which is groaning like a centenarian after a day of tackle football.
                      Wow, dude! Glad to see you are still around! For some reason I thought you were a second genner, but then again, its been a while since the BH.org mailing list, so I might not remember things quite right!

Mine's only been laid up in the garage for the past year or two. I actually worked on it a tiny bit these past couple days. Getting ready for some fun changes on mine.

William (Ntruder) still has his PGT, and as far as I know, he is the only original owner who has me beat, since his is a '93.

Comment

Wow, Ntruder STILL has his '93? He of the long tube headers and unbelievably high (for the Time) HP numbers?

Yea I've actually owned 3 PGTs total, two of them 1st gens. The first got totaled in a head on collision with a '69 camaro. Felt worse for the other guy, a 17 year old kid borrowing his older brother's wheels. He made an unfortunate impulsive left turn directly in front of me. Second was the '95. At some point I got the itch to get a 1st gen but with a proper stick (my first was an automatic, a compromise I made with my dad) but sold it some time after I got the Mazdaspeed 6 and got tired of doing the driveway shuffle to avoid street cleaning which ALWAYS arrived half an hour before I would leave for work. Otherwise I probably would have kept it. At least until I got the Evo anyway. Four personal cars would be a bit much.

Still working on swapping the fuel pump right now. I'm literally down to removing it and at least testing, and I think I'm ready to actually try to fire. I already know the car will crank with the key in the ignition.

Some days I still wonder where guys like Dan Dunhem and Ross Lapkoff went off to. I know Ross got into Diamond Star cars for a while, but no idea where Dan vanished off to.
                        Jin "Time Traveler" Kim
                        chrono@chrono.org
                        http://www.chrono.org
                        '95 PGT own
                        '06 Mazdaspeed 6
                        '13 Evolution GSR
                        '90/'91 PGT owned

Comment

Originally posted by Nechronius View Post
                          Wow, Ntruder STILL has his '93? He of the long tube headers and unbelievably high (for the Time) HP numbers?
                          Yep. I still talk to him now and then. The '93 has been a garage ornament for some time now. I actually drove his car once. It was definitely quicker than my (then) stock PGT, but I hated his clutch.

Second was the '95. At some point I got the itch to get a 1st gen but with a proper stick (my first was an automatic, a compromise I made with my dad) but sold it some time after I got the Mazdaspeed 6 and got tired of doing the driveway shuffle to avoid street cleaning which ALWAYS arrived half an hour before I would leave for work. Otherwise I probably would have kept it. At least until I got the Evo anyway. Four personal cars would be a bit much.
                          Then you don't want to know how many I own! Hell, I don't know how many I own. The perks of living in Alabama and having a clean driving record! I'm daily driving (riding?) motorcycles now, rain or shine, although I still have the '95 PGT and picked up a new Subaru BRZ in '15. I figured I should buy a new car every 20 years, whether I need it or not.

Still working on swapping the fuel pump right now. I'm literally down to removing it and at least testing, and I think I'm ready to actually try to fire. I already know the car will crank with the key in the ignition.
                          Funny you should mention the fuel pump. A few years ago I decided to test my fuel pump. Turns out that the check valve is bad. I think that it's been bad since the car was new, I just lived with it being hard to start for nearly 20 years before checking why. Guess I'll need to get one, too.

Some days I still wonder where guys like Dan Dunhem and Ross Lapkoff went off to. I know Ross got into Diamond Star cars for a while, but no idea where Dan vanished off to.
                          My supervisor at work is also a Dunham, No relation. (Yes, I asked!)

I'd be curious about Ross. I remember that was one of the first to post my stock '95 dyno chart as a baseline. I think that it still pops up now and again, to this day when someone references gains "versus a stock Probe."

Anyone know what became of our most prolific posting friend across the pond: Julian AF Bradbury?

Comment

Oh Hai!
                            Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos ....
                            What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.

Pearl '92 Audi //S4 GT3071R, running 27 psi
                            Lava gray '14 Audi //SQ5, Chipwerke, 034 Intake Pipe
                            For PSP Awareness click here

Comment

And you are?
                              Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                              PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                              1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                              1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Originally posted by Probesport View Post
                                And you are?
                                RAF
                                Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos ....
                                What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.

Pearl '92 Audi //S4 GT3071R, running 27 psi
                                Lava gray '14 Audi //SQ5, Chipwerke, 034 Intake Pipe
                                For PSP Awareness click here

Comment

Working...
                                X