Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New clutch has noise and slight vibration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New clutch has noise and slight vibration.

Hey all. 1991 626 LX, now a GT.

Just rebuilt and installed an f2t engine along with an H series transmission. I had the flywheel lightened and balanced, and installed a clutchmaster 2100lbs pressure plate along with a ceramic weave friction disk. I also fitted a new OEM Mazda pilot bearing and used a jwb (Chinese...ugh) release bearing.

Car fired up and a few seconds later it...lol... honestly sounded like the turbo was about to seize up. Turns out it's clutch related as it's only loud with the pedal up/clutch engaged. My guess lead me to a bad quality release bearing...but I also know vibrations and noises can also be alignment related or even how the release bearing sits/seats onto the pressure plate fingers. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues.

Oh also the clutch engagement is nearly on the floor. New master and slave were fitted along with a pedal free play adjustment...and no change. Vacuum bled.

Just seeing if anyone had a new bearing make noise from issues not relating to a bad bearing. I have a koyo bearing waiting to go in, but I'd like to have suggestions on where else to look.

Also the fork was in great shape, as was the pivot ball and shaft that the bearing travels. I greased the shaft (lol) and also the fork fingers that hold the bearing. Assembly went on smooth and fork locked onto the pivot ball via wire holder.

Transmission installed smoothly. 2 of us lifted it and it slipped on easily. We simply had to clock the transmission and it was on the dowel pins.

I took a video but unfortunately it was deleted trying to make room on my phone.

Pressure bleeding is way better, takes two people. SKF bearings are the best, made in Japan. Shaft should be dry or lightly dressed with gear oil, otherwise that stuff can make it's way into the clutch material. And I've put in many G series transmission in myself without help, stay in shape.
    2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Millenia KL swap, MSPNP (VAF delete, IAT mod, AEM Wideband, Coilpack), MFactory LSD w/ 3-4-5 gearset and 'Plate Mod' 626 trans, Aeromotive fuel system, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, GT35 turbo w/ custom 3" downpipe, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around w/ Cusco strut tower bar, custom made traction bars to frame rails, and lots more.

Comment

G series are easy to lift, this is an H series.

I also did pressure bleeding on the clutch system.

As state I have a koyo release bearing to go in, which is oem mazda.

Shaft had high temp grease applied. here the fork makes contact with the bearing is also greased.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

I'm asking if anyone has had release bearing noises not related to a bad release bearing. Thanks

Comment

bueller?

Comment

Input shaft bearing behind the clutch release bearing? We just had a car in the shop that was misdiagnosed with a clutch release bearing and needed that input shaft bearing instead.
          2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Millenia KL swap, MSPNP (VAF delete, IAT mod, AEM Wideband, Coilpack), MFactory LSD w/ 3-4-5 gearset and 'Plate Mod' 626 trans, Aeromotive fuel system, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, GT35 turbo w/ custom 3" downpipe, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around w/ Cusco strut tower bar, custom made traction bars to frame rails, and lots more.

Comment

Fair lol. This transmission is questionable. 3rd gear synchros feel dead and there's a good amount of play at the shift shaft (where the linkage connects)

Comment

Working...
            X