Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the S-Tech springs on my 04 accord and the SS coilovers on my 96 and they are simply amazing. for the cost of Tokicos, groundcontrols and putting them together TEIN is by far worth it! IF i get into another PGT i will look into them!
    2005 Acura TSX
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR

Comment

All I want for Christmas is TEINS?
      Adam Kirkpatrick
      1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
      2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
      1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

So you can only drop the car a max of 1.9" in the front and 1.65" in the rear but only if you preload the springs? and why are they so much better then ksports beside EDFC?
        1994 Probe GT Manual - Greddy Evo 2 cat back - Cold Air Intake - Ebay headers- Civic Short Shifter - Front/rear Strut Tower Bar - RR-racing Motor Mount Inserts- AC delete-

Comment

Originally posted by smartoss
          So you can only drop the car a max of 1.9" in the front and 1.65" in the rear but only if you preload the springs? and why are they so much better then ksports beside EDFC?
          the adjustment is similar to any other set of coilovers.

if you don't know why they're better, please check out any number of import magazines and if possible, perform a google search on TEIN and see the positive comments on them.

these things blow the k-sports out of the water in EVERY way.
          ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

TEIN is just overall a better company between autoX and roadrace usage. on my 4 door accord i have the SS setup and my god the car ride amazing and my car had BRAND NEW OEM honda suspension that i removed! i would have gotten the SS for my 04 accord but i alread had the springs.

if you really have to question TEIN then you really have no business owning them in my eyes
            2005 Acura TSX
            2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
            2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR

Comment

This suspension will set the bar for any system currently available for our cars and give other companies something to shoot for. TEIN's history in racing and quality are PROVEN winners.

If you get a chance get a ride in a TEIN equipped car - Do it! Do...it....
              Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
              MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
              Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

i don't doubt at all that tein makes excellent product.
                however, i'm concerned about front spring rate over 500.
                i have 450lb at the front from dz with koni struts and imho, it's not streetable, at least comfortable enough for me on city streets.
                i really hope tein decides to offer alternative spring rates. if so, i'll jump on it.
                i know you can get additional springs, but everything will probably come out close to 2 grand. why spend that much when ksports cost $700-800. and i'm reading great reviews about ksports from other forums.
                so that's my 2 cents and concern from a prospective consumer.

Comment

350 is a good street rate for the front.
                  Silver 2011 5.7L Toyota Tundra CrewMax
                  Former Owner of The Fastest N/A 2.0 Probe

Comment

david and josh,

do not worry about the spring rates not being streetable. yes, it does sound harsh however with the dampening that TEIN has provided for the set, you DO NOT (that's right DO NOT) notice the 'harshness' of the springs being at the 500 lb. rate.

the two of you can be as concerned as you want, however TEIN HAS done their homework, as opposed to some companies that only produce 'slip on' coilover sets. by that i mean, they aren't a TRUE coilover with struts built specifically for the spring rate. TEIN HAS done this already. has no one paid ANY attention to the testimony of the TEIN Test Mule?

guys, he has been DAILY DRIVING this car for nearly a month now, with NO (that's right NO) ill effects WHATSOEVER.

so by all means, remain the doubting thomas' that many of you will be but please keep in mind the reputation of the company and the integrity of the people who are reporting this. the ownership of this site would NEVER stand behind a product so fervently if we did not believe in the quality of the product 100%.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Good doesnt = best.....was just giving a opinion.

Josh
                      Silver 2011 5.7L Toyota Tundra CrewMax
                      Former Owner of The Fastest N/A 2.0 Probe

Comment

Originally posted by nolanspawn
                        Good doesnt = best.....was just giving a opinion.

Josh
                        i know.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by RigsPGT
                          Guys,

Do you know any approximate price for these? I dont want a definite answer, just a variable range, lets say from $1k to 4k or soo?

Thanks, Riggs

Anyone please?
                          Im spending money getting a new engine, turbo, bigger brakes, next thing is SUSPENSION and BTW, I'm not getting a new car so all the attention goes to the PGT.
                          Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
                          1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
                          1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
                          1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

if you read the opening post, there has been NO fixed price set. if you want an approximation, check the import mags and see what they go for on other cars.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

TEIN is arguably the best suspension company in the biz.
                              Look through any inport mag and you will see what the majority puts on their cars. For instance, Modified mag's cover car S2000, sports TEIN's Type Flex Coilovers with EDFC. TIEN is what I believe to be hands down the end all be all of suspensions for the Probe. Thank you Probetalk.com for speaking loud for the Probe community
                              Last edited by ProbeGTC; September 20, 2005, 12:06 PM.
                              1994 Aspen Silver Metallic Probe GT

Probes NorthWest Rocks!

Comment

We know and understand that Tein products might not be for everyone. That's life and we understand that.

It's like choosing between "McDonald's" and "Claim Jumper": some people can't afford to eat at a fancy restaraunt and some can. Maybe knowing that Claim Jumper is running a special from thier menu might allow some people who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford a high end dinner to enjoy one. But whatever you decide, that's fine, we understand. This information is here and presented to you, 'the community' because until now there didn't exist a 'Claim Jumper' in our world.

As we learn more we will continue to post about it.

Take Care!!
                                Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
                                MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                                Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

Working...
                                X