Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing valvetrain without removing the heads. Heres how I do it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow that is a great idea to use rope inside the cylinder to hold up the valves. i never would have thought of that.

i know where i do most of my work on my car the guy has made a lot of tools based off of expensive ones. saves LOTS of money and if you break it you can make a new and better one.

TWO THUMBS UP!!!
    Just another run of the mill probe enthusiast. I own a 93 626 with a thrown rod.

Comment

All this talk about strap-on's and probes has me a bit worried about some of you.

I hereby vote to declare this thread, teh sticky.

All in favor say "Aye."
      Last edited by j-dogg; January 21, 2008, 09:04 AM.
      PhotoPOC(tm)
      MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
      93' PGT not stock
      91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Bookmarking. Nice tool you made; I'm going to copy it..well, try to anyways.

Just a side note here for people reading this thread...White is giving an example of how to remove the valve springs (etc.)...Never, never, never set the deck of the head on a hard or dirty surface if it's out of the car and going to be re-used.

-Chris
        "The ultimate result of shielding man from the effects of folly is to people the world with fools."
        John Maynard Keynes must die

Comment

Yes, thank you for pointing this out. The head in the pics is a junk ZE head. Heads are machined to very tight tolerances and a .05mm scratch in the wrong place can be disastrous.

...But hopefully people reading this thread will realize you can leave the heads on the car.

And j-dogg, im flattered.
          Jim K.
          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteDart
            Yes, thank you for pointing this out. The head in the pics is a junk ZE head. Heads are machined to very tight tolerances and a .05mm scratch in the wrong place can be disastrous.
            Especially on the deck surface when we seal up with MLS gaskets

Great job on the tool.
            Kevin B - Former Probe-owner
            06 Legacy GT
            98 Legacy GT

Comment

Working...
            X