Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutched Eaton m45 kit (BOLT-ON)!!

*Drum roll!*

It has been much longer than I had anticipated, but today, everything is set and the BB can begin! I have spoken with Damaen and Stacy, this BB is approved and paid for, so lets get down to business.

To get the kit you must visit http://mrspeed.biz/products/sc/ and fill out the form. You will be emailed a form that you need to fill out, sign and return with your payment. Basically a non disclosure agreement and a waiver saying if you are a dumbass and don't upgrade your fuel system and try to boost, that you will not sue me for it.

For the moment, the only accepted forms of payment are personal check and money order. *IF* I can get three people to commit to an order using credit card, I will finish the Merchant account application and have a secured CC option.

The Quick and dirty of it,

I'm selling this as a 'comprehensive' kit, which includes everything you need minus fuel management and the Supercharger it self. This kit is $1,350.00 shipped to the 48 states, $1,400 to Hawai'i, Alaska and Canada.

I will be offering blowers also at $400.00 - these are cleaned, inspected, re-oiled, repacked and warranted for one year from date of purchase. If you want to be on the cheap and try to score one from Ebay, more power to you! If you want a unit for certain and the piece of mind that it will work and someone will stand behind it, elect this option.

In addition I will be offering battery relocation kits. Kit includes a durable box, all wiring, terminals, etc. This is $50.

---------

To answer a couple of quick questions:

Is this kit intercooled? Nope, it isn't needed at low boost levels. I will however offer this as an option in the near future. If you get into the Bulk Buy right now, you will be eligible for a discount on the IC option that you may add later.

Can I make payments? Certainly! If your first payment is received before the close of this bulk buy (November 7th, one month from today) I will honor the Bulk Buy Price. I require a min. of $400 down, and $400 a month. If you really want this and need some assistance on this, please do not hesitate to email me and I will work with you. Adlorin@mrspeed.biz Please do not use PM's on here, I anticipate this to be a large bb and my PM box will fill up every 30 minutes.

What can you tell me about the construction of the kit? The shaft has no metal on metal contact like other kits have had, The brackets are all CNC cut, folded and TIG welded. Nothing has to be cut, hacked or modified to 'make' the kit fit. Moving the battery to the trunk and repositioning the positive lead on the starter are the ONLY things that need to be done. This of course, can be quite easily undone if you so chose and the car will be stock - but why would you want to do that? The metal is primed with an industrial grade primer, rust treated, painted a neutral gray color that will go with all engine bays and has 3 layers of clear coat for an attractive and long lasting finish. The Silicone couplers are all Hose Techniques Brand, as are the T-Bolt clamps. The Shaft is Machined from a bullet piece of steel for exceptional accuracy and strength. The current pulleys are aluminum, this however, may change to steel. It all depends on what my provider can do for me.

When will I receive my kit? Aprox. 3 weeks from date of when your payment clears. If you are making payments, it will ship the DAY of your last payment.

Can I have the kit in time for Myrtle? Sure thing! If you have your payment to me in full by the 15th of October, I will have your kit at your door no later than the first of November.
    '00 Contour SVT - Stock and Reliable
    '93 Probe GT - Currently Grounded.

update your email address y0

What is the Warranty on this? I will warranty the fitment of this kit as long as you own it, this is not transferable. I will do everything within reason, including replacing parts at my own cost, to make certain this kit will stay true. I can do this because I KNOW it will - I've physically beat on the kit while the car is running and I can not make it mess up. The transfershaft is strong enough to lift the engine out of the bay (yes, I know this from experience). I will also Warranty the life of the bearings for 1 year. If bearing fatigue is to occur due to over tension because you put the belt on FAR to tight, I can tell this - and this will NOT be covered! If you have disassembled the shaft in attempt to do what ever, I can tell this too - and your warranty will be voided. I will assist you in replacing the bearings, you can obtain them at my cost. We all make mistakes, I understand and I'm willing to work with you. If the seals blow, the lithium runs dry, or what ever else - I will cover parts and shipping to get you running again. Why can I do this? These are precision bearings that are rated for 2,000FTlbs of force working at 40,000RPM. Failure is highly improbable.

Lastly I will honor the quality of the welds for as long as you own the kit.

These are the ONLY things that I will warranty, if you however run into other problems, I will do everything within reason to help you out. This warranty will be written, signed and sent to you with the kit.

----

Feel free to explore the Web-site some more, http://mrspeed.biz/ and read my short F.A.Q - Any good questions that I am emailed, may very well show up on the F.A.Q so that it may be a guide for others.

I've been using the kit for about 1,000 miles - the last 500+ have been flawless. All previous ‘flaws’ were due to vacuum leaks and an improper idler setup that was thrown away and re-created from scratch. These 500+ miles include hard racing, highway and stop and go city. I have some good images and even short video clips on the Web-site F.A.Q page, feel free to check it how it 'feels'. I must add a disclaimer though, Those videos were taken when I had a Vacuum leak so I had only 4psi. I did one video of the tachometer - if you compare that to how quickly your N/A tachometer goes up you will see the difference, at 6psi

---

The people who are in on this BB will be listed below, as it's tradition in all other bulk buys. There is no min or max limit for this BB, I would like to see at least 15 people though. This provides me with an operating buffer to continue to do this and keep kits in stock so that items in the future may be shipped out the day they are paid for. Bolt on forced induction for a Probe, and delivered with the quickness - why am I the first one to think of this!

--

It’s late, I’m ranting, so hmm yea – any relevant questions please do not hesitate to ask!

~Patrick

P.S. Dyno and 1/4 times WILL come soon, soon as I have time to do it. Who else is going to offer you a forced induction kit with that?

Comment

Also, To note : I am in need of some items. If you have these, we can work these against the purchase of the SC kit to make things easier for both of us.

Millenia S injectors
      Chrome Plated FD wheels
      ZE Cams

Comment

How much HP gain does this kit provide?
        Faded 95 Probe GT --> 5 SPD
        NX Wet Kit --> 75 Shot
        Have you seen this?
        Ranked #1 supporter of the Police Pension Fund
        16 tickets and counting

Comment

I am taking an educated guess of 80whp, to be conservative. I will have Dyno runs soon of before and after to correctly answer question.

Comment

what are you using to fitler the air coming into the s/cer?
            03 frontier family car/dd
            93 mx6 tessa's car: ze and just about every bolt on.
            01 ws6 : 618/695 wrecked tell your kids to use a effing cross walk!!
            02 35th SS.. heads and cam

Comment

An Air filter? The only good picture with the full kit and the filter installed is the first image on the SC page on my website. I took most if the pictures before I put the cone filter on, and I liked 'em to so I kept 'em.

I hope it isn't too missleading.

Originally posted by harvey93gt
              what are you using to fitler the air coming into the s/cer?

Comment

only 80whp? for some reason it just doesn't seem like that's alot for 6psi....i thought normally a boosted pgt around 5-6psi nets about 250whp...

oh well..i may be in, i may have some cash comming very soon and very quickly...

Comment

Originally posted by Adlorin
                  I am taking an educated guess of 80whp, to be conservative. I will have Dyno runs soon of before and after to correctly answer question.

I'll have to agree. I wouldn't be surprised to see you put down 220whp untuned at 6psi.

Man I wish I had money

Wanna take a '90 DSM AWD?

Props for going through with the project and seeing it to completion - I hope you will have these for some time, as it may give me time to gather the funds.

90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                  93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                  97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                  90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

it would be cool if u made a cai setup for it
                    also have a conser about emissions. do u think it will pass?? its a big deal here in cali. also noticed ur idle was at 1200 or so, is that ok??
                    Last edited by unknowncitizen; October 7, 2004, 02:21 AM.
                    96PGTZE~GREDDY~MAGNAFLOW~ACT
                    FIDANZA~WILWOOD~AWR~RR-RACING~HS~OUTLAW
                    PRD~MSD-WINDOWS~TEIN-SS~RX-8~ALPINE

Comment

<--- Buyer #1 ...

ben

2007 Volvo S40 T5 AWD

Comment

Would a PRD distributor cap with the extra tower for an external coil fit? Kinda hard to tell from the pictures, but I'm thinking the tower would hit the pulley.

New toy: '06 Mazdaspeed 6
                        Fun times: '04 CBR 600rr & '06 GSX-R750

Comment

Damnit, now I have to buy one of these too. Sadly, I won't have the fuel setup to do it till next spring, but you'll be hearing from me.

Couple of questions:
                          Do you have a flow map of the m45? Things that might be of interest would be, at about 6000/6500 rpm on a 2.5L engine, at what boost level does it start to lose efficiency. Could this kit push 9 psi in the future with a pulley change? Or is 6 psi probably the prime setting?
                          Couldn't you use a simple water/alky injection setup with this if one felt the need? It wouldn't require any piping change and isn't all that expensive.
                          The blower is supported by brackets attaced to the body or the engine?
                          2005 BB Rx-8 Gt - hella stock.

Comment

I am VERY interested in this but before I buy (even if it means buying after the BB and the price has gone up) I'll need to see the following:
                            - Dyno plots, preferably from more than one car.
                            - Installation review(s) of the final kit (we all know that a lot can happen from prototype to production.)
                            - A proven delivery track record.

I don't want to seem negative though. Excellent work (at an amazing price!) and I look forward to ongoing developments.
                            93 PGT / LEDA Suspension / 18X8 SSR Integral GT1 Wheels / 235/40ZR18 Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 13" Front Brakes, 12" Rear... and so the madness begins.

Comment

Yep.

Patrick we need to speak again.

458hp/368tq Sorry its not a KL Series

Comment

Working...
                              X