Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing VRIS solenoid

I have had issues with the vris not opening past 4000 rpm
    as a temporary fix I zip tied it open. Because of this I have lost low end torque. How do I go about replacing the VRIS #2 solenoid
    94 pgt

take off the electrical connector and the 2 vacuum hoses and push it out of the bracket slide the new one in and rehook everything back up if it wont just pop out you can always take the whole bracket off its either 8 or 10 mm bolts
    95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
    94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
    93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
    97&94&93 PGT gone
    DALE

Comment

thank you, also does using a zip tie to keep it open in fact make it lose low end torque.
      94 pgt

Comment

yes it does
        95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
        94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
        93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
        97&94&93 PGT gone
        DALE

Comment

I just replaced both of mine and the EVAP Solenoid, along with having to reroute new vacuum lines, the others ones melted from a fire. Good Time!

Comment

Working...
          X