This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Turbo's???

Now I know im probably gonna get razzed on this but oh well, i want some factual information on these new things. I got a link on eBay for ya to take a look at. What kinda power increase would you notice something 12V powered instead of the original way of powering? Is it really worth the money to spend? Anyone had any experience with these things? Now i dont want anyone saying sh*t like why would you even consider this, blah blah...im only curious, its a new thing out on the market right now and i had some questions about em. Thanx

I'm only curious....
    1993 PGT MTX KL-ZE, one and only custom CZT KLZE Manifold w/ 67mm tb, CZT Tranny Saver, headers, CAI, pheno's for mani and tb, Custom 2.5" ehxaust shot from headers to muffler, muffler, 9-Pucked B-Facing clutch (better than that Stage 3 stuff = ), short throw, Illuminas all around, custom endlinks, intrax springs, Supra wing, and custom painted interior.

Future Mods: Yes the turbo is still underway this summer , water injection, fidenza, udp

forgot the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...845095699&rd=1
    1993 PGT MTX KL-ZE, one and only custom CZT KLZE Manifold w/ 67mm tb, CZT Tranny Saver, headers, CAI, pheno's for mani and tb, Custom 2.5" ehxaust shot from headers to muffler, muffler, 9-Pucked B-Facing clutch (better than that Stage 3 stuff = ), short throw, Illuminas all around, custom endlinks, intrax springs, Supra wing, and custom painted interior.

Future Mods: Yes the turbo is still underway this summer , water injection, fidenza, udp

Comment

lol, good thing you put what you didn't want to see for responses. Just kidding, we just talked online about this.

I'll post what I think here, and others can say if I'm wrong... but I don't think I am.

This little "turbo" is just a fan. All it will do for you if you put it up infront of your VAF after your filter will possibly compensate for ***SOME*** of the restriction caused by the CAI piping you have. It will give you no other gains and you won't even notice the one I just mentioned. It will not cause any pressure (aka: boost capabilities) to build up like a normal Turbo or SC would. (which is how Turbo's and SC get power by pressurizing the incoming air)

Sorry man, it's a waste of money. Take a 20" box fan that you have in your window and put it in a cylinder then hook that up to your VAF / TB... you'd get the same results. :rolleyes:
      Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
      1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

There are literally 50 posts about how they don't work. People are getting...lets say, annoyed with them. And why did you post this in the maintenance forum?
        The world is full of thieves. Honor, like chivalry, is dead.

Neither sheep nor shepherd.

Comment

We need a sticky thread: Electric Turbo FAQ.
          94 PGT MTX/Borla Cat-back/Kumho 712s/PIAA 1400XP/PRM CAI/Remote starter/RR-Racing Motor Mount Inserts

http://sirk.sytes.net

Comment

Originally posted by bluehornet
            And why did you post this in the maintenance forum?

He posts everything in here for some reason.

Dueces_Inc, it's ****ing junk. Try reading the closed posts in the 2.5L Performance section ... you'll see.
            1994 Ford Probe 2.0L MTX
            Kitted. Lambos. Slammed. 18s. T3/04E. LSD. MSII. Zoom-Zoom-Psst.

1996 Mazda 626 2.0L MTX
            Lowered. 18s. P5 FSDE. MP3 PCM.

Cardomain - Needs updating.

Comment

FOR THE LAST TIME!

ITS A DAMN MARINE ENGINE BAY VENTILATION FAN!

IT SOLE PUPOSE IS FOR PRIOR TO STARTING A MARINE ENGINE YOU PURGE THE AIR SO YOU DONT BLOW UP.

THE FAN WILL CAUSE YOU OR ANY ONE USING IT TO LOSE HP!

SEARCH!

SEARCH!

SEARCH!

SEARCH!

SEARCH!

SEARCH!

SEARCH!

SEARCH!

SEARCH!

SEARCH!

SEARCH!

SEARCH!