Probe People Meet I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe People Meet I

So, I've had this idea for a while now. Actually, I've had this idea for about 6 years and counting. I want to put together a meet with the people that have at one point in time been involved with the probe community or still are. With all my travels from ND, to S. Korea, and then to Italy, I just haven't been able to make my idea come to fruition, until now.

Now that we have our new home finally built and moved in, things have finally settled, and with me coming back in January, I decided that I would now put this supermeet together. Here are the basics:

What: PPM I
    Where: Tucson and possibly Phoenix
    When: March 16 - 19
    Who: A lot of old school probe people plus anybody really
    Why: To continue fostering the camraderie that all of us have experienced throughout the years

I wanted to throw something together that doesn't necessarily revolve around the cars. Sure, for most of us it's what brought us all together but IMO, it was just the catalyst. To me it's about the people and the many friendships created from all this, so we're basically going to get together down in Tucson, AZ and have some fun. What exactly do I have planned?

- going up to the Pavillions in Phoenix on Saturday

- BBQ/party at either our house or the park in Sahuarita

- Group tour of the aerospace museum

- dinner at either Takamatsu or Sakura

I have a few more ideas but it'll have to wait till I get home. It's kind of hard to plan a meet when I'm halfway across the world. Just to give you an idea of how big this meet will be, I've already got confirmations from people coming from the Northwest, East coast, Chicago, and hell, even Canadia.

Just a disclaimer, this isn't intended to replace or supplement any other meet like MM or HH. It's just something I've always wanted to throw together and this time in March is really the only time we could do it. Oh, and I am open to suggestions as far as things to do, but just remember. It's going to be a lot of people flying in from all over, some possibly with families and rental cars, lots of rental cars.

So there it is. If anybody is interested or needs additional information, just get a hold of me by either PMs here or mariokovach@yahoo.com.
    Mario Kovach 2005 Dodge Neon Mopar Stage 3 SRT-4
    USAF Explosive Ordnance Disposal Craftsman
    12.04 @ 116mph, 358whp/412ft/tq
    FPOC 2010 Calendar Model: Mr. December

cool. i should be able to make the trek out, hopefully in the probe.
    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

sounds like an awesome idea mario! I'll be there for sure!
      Brett Strickler- Member of AZPoc
      1998 Kawasaki Voyager, 1984 Goldwing Aspencade GL1200(for sale soon)
      "Hla's are like a stupid kid, you can shut them up for a while. However you can't fix stupid, so your forced to go though life just trying to keep them quiet. "~ Harvey93gt

Comment

Damn! I wish I had seen this earlier today... I just spent the day with most of MOPOC... I'll hit up the forum and post a link and let them take a look... I know a couple people who would probably come down...
        Chris Beittenmiller (just call me Bitey)

Member: MOPOC, AZPOC, ChrisPOC, BrokenPOC, RedPOC, TuPOC, etcPOC
        1997 Rio Red GTS -- Tranny blew up... dead... RIP
        Current cars: 2000 Civic EX... 2004 Chrysler Pacifica...

Comment

We are game!
          Rick_96PGTâ„¢ #62
          "I never apologize.
          I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am."
          - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

I'm down
            03 frontier family car/dd
            93 mx6 tessa's car: ze and just about every bolt on.
            01 ws6 : 618/695 wrecked tell your kids to use a effing cross walk!!
            02 35th SS.. heads and cam

Comment

i'm in
              Matt Hicks
              Silver 97 2.0 Turbo
              Factory Green ZX6RR
              If you have 1,000 posts and have not donated to PT, you should consider doing so.
              "We're all still learning."

Comment

Alright, so cannon ball run? jk.

Sounds like a good idea! Any time will work for me.

We are almost in a house so if its in phoenix i would have a bunch of sleeping space if needed.
                Ty Moser
                GET THAT PROBE RUNNING!
                KLZE & CAI...whats next??? You just never know...
                http://www.myspace.com/p_i_k_e
                http://www.monoloc.net

Comment

Thanks for the offer Ty. I think we're going to have a lot more people then we normally do at any AZ meet. I've been doing some more "soliciting" and have gotten some more confirmations so this is looking to be even bigger than I thought. Like I said earlier, people are coming from WA, MD, IL, PA, Canada, CA, NJ and so on. I've been looking into hotels for everyone and there are two hotels just 2 min away from our house in Sahuarita; Best Western and Holiday Inn. Their rates aren't great but I think when I get back I can look into getting a reduced rate or something.

It's looking like if we have the normal crowd from AZ and then all of the out of towners, we could have close to 30 of us, which would ****ing rawk. My plan for the Saturday is to go up to the Pavillions during the day and then come down back to Tucson that night. I figure we can base out of one place (the hotels in Sahuarita) and go from there. Anybody know what time shit starts going down at the Pavillions? We'll probably do a breakfast thing at our place every morning, go out to Takamatsu/Sakura one of the nights and then have a big ass BBQ/Party at our house or at the park in our development. I may have some military friends come out from the East coast, so all in all this is going to be a huge bash.

Comment

man this is gonna be fun! what exactly is the pavillions for us newbs. hahaha
                    Brett Strickler- Member of AZPoc
                    1998 Kawasaki Voyager, 1984 Goldwing Aspencade GL1200(for sale soon)
                    "Hla's are like a stupid kid, you can shut them up for a while. However you can't fix stupid, so your forced to go though life just trying to keep them quiet. "~ Harvey93gt

Comment

Originally posted by bluedevilinaz
                      man this is gonna be fun! what exactly is the pavillions for us newbs. hahaha
                      http://www.scottsdalepavilions.com/home.htm

From what Matt has told me, it's the nation's longest running weekly car show. I guess every Saturday cars from all over show up and basically have a car show. Looks like it goes from 4pm to 8pm but I know we've been there longer before. We had fun last time we went so I think it'll do.

I've also been thinking about doing a group tour at Collosal Cave. It's a beautiful drive, not far and it's pretty cool if you haven't been there before.

Comment

Yeah, I'm the Canadian.
                        Hot Chowder - with Hoser Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Bomb Squad
                          http://www.scottsdalepavilions.com/home.htm

From what Matt has told me, it's the nation's longest running weekly car show. I guess every Saturday cars from all over show up and basically have a car show. Looks like it goes from 4pm to 8pm but I know we've been there longer before. We had fun last time we went so I think it'll do.
                          It was always a blast when I used to live in Phoenix.I haven't been back in 3 years.I'll look into going no promises though.
                          My 1st gens are slow.

Comment

I gotta bring this up to MOPOC... but I've got a house, fairly close to Sahuarita with free sleeping arrangements for those of us who are broker than shit...
                            Chris Beittenmiller (just call me Bitey)

Member: MOPOC, AZPOC, ChrisPOC, BrokenPOC, RedPOC, TuPOC, etcPOC
                            1997 Rio Red GTS -- Tranny blew up... dead... RIP
                            Current cars: 2000 Civic EX... 2004 Chrysler Pacifica...

Comment

I'd love to fly in for this, but I have to put money and time towards my wedding in the following month.
                              Sandon Lettieri
                              1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
                              2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

Working...
                              X