Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will they comeout with base/SE/2.0L specific spring rates?
    -Kyle
    93 Black probe (K-sporting) My Cardomain

Mazdaspeed SVO 2.Slow turbo build teaser thread**

Comment

pics??

honestly, as cool as this is, we have no market for stuff like this anymore..

I would def. buy the kit, but only if I had the cash.. TEIN kits are high quailty and they strive to provide a delicate balance between ride comfort and ride performance... whatever the price it would be worth it..
      It just won't be worth it to the casual buyer..

Comment

Originally posted by blackpgt1994
        will they comeout with base/SE/2.0L specific spring rates?
        AFAIK, no. what they will produce is specific to the 2.5L probe ONLY. they did not want an mx-6 for testing, even though one was made available to them, however it goes without saying that these items should work just fine for the mx-6.

pics will be made available soon. mr. pizzi has a couple of options open to him in terms of photo ops.
        ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I'm can hardly wait! I'll take 2 sets of SS's with EDFC please
          '93 GT Daily
          '90 GL Ghetto Delivery Car
          '89 Almost new with only 52K!

Comment

Hopefully a set will be on display at the 9/25 show
            90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
            93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
            97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
            90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac]
              I am ready to spend! BPC Racing (i.e. me) has just acquired a chassis for project PGT-TC (Touring Car) - not to be confused with the straight-line only FrankenProbe!

I thought I would never see the day..... thank you lord for blessing another prober with the desire to go racing...

Dan look up the rules for your car. If you need help just let me know.. Like a driver... or co-driver..
              Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
              MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
              Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

Originally posted by Racy-Stacey
                I thought I would never see the day..... thank you lord for blessing another prober with the desire to go racing...
                No need to worry...once my RallyAmerica "probation" is up, I'm sure there'll be a 2g PGT Group 2 rally car in the works, as I sold the commodah.

-phreak
                Official: KYPO - LexPOC :: Honorary: TNPOC - NYPOC - NEPO / NPA! - OHIO PROBES
                Major Meets Attended: MM7 - TNPOC/KYPO 2K4 - HH2K5 - OCMD2K5 - MM8 - StM2006 - HH2K6
                Yeah, I'm still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain
                  Spring Rate: Front: 9kgf/mm(504lbs/in) Rear: 6kgf/mm(335lbs/in)
                  holy spring rate batman! avoid bumps at all costs!
                  Black 94 PGT - squirted, LSD'd, turbo DE/ZE hybrid @ 8psi

Forget the dog...turbos are a man's best friend

Comment

Negative on that. These are longer stroke coilovers, not the crap you buy on ebay that reduces your strut compression to near zero.
                    90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                    93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                    97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE

Comment

they may have a long stroke, keeping the strut body from hitting the bumpstops, but the spring rate is still very high. its nearly 3 times stiffer than stock up front so it will definately be firm.

nevertheless, im still happy to see that the probe aftermarket is on the rise
                      Last edited by 94PGT; September 13, 2005, 02:08 PM.
                      Black 94 PGT - squirted, LSD'd, turbo DE/ZE hybrid @ 8psi

Forget the dog...turbos are a man's best friend

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac]
                        Hopefully a set will be on display at the 9/25 show
                        yup, but they'll be IN a car!
                        ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Even better, then a test drive or ride could be happening!

Comment

3 of my friends have TEIN supsensions, very nice...AND im in the market for new springs

1.2in. drop seems very little though...
                            Last edited by QT96GT; September 13, 2005, 05:16 PM.

Comment

i imagine that these will fit the mx6 as well. this could be cool
                              93 MX6 Ls " THE RED DRAGON " more zoom-zoom very soon!

Comment

your very welcome! it only put one of my probes out of commision for a month but it was well worth it.

Originally posted by m.c.K-dogg
                                Thanks to everyone that was involved this mission!!!
                                1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                                1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                                2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                                2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                                1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Working...
                                X