Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Photography, Video, Photoshop > The Photo and Video Gallery

The Photo and Video Gallery Have a TASTEFUL funny pic or non-probe video, or just want to show off your good looks? Put it here!

Old January 31st, 2018, 04:21 AM   #26
richtq

thats is very cool. id like to see it when its done

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
8psi
richtq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 06:52 AM   #27
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

I guess my project is also kind of all over the place as well. I had been trying to do lots of the math calculations for determining desired spring rate and that was difficult enough as it was.

There are so many variables thrown into these calculations that it is nearly impossible to calculate accurately without known un-sprung weights (which I have no idea of as of yet) or spring angles (again -no idea as of yet).

So I found a website where a guy was good with all of these calculations and these guys in England are modifying some sort of small British roadster with cantilever suspensions. He said that they are also using motorcycle suspension knuckles and to be exact -Hyabusa -and also the adjustable coil over shock. I find it very perplexing that every bit of research that I do in the interest of performance improvement -always seems to lead me back to the Busa.

I thought that the Busa spring would not have near enough spring rate -but this guy said they actually have too much (750 lb). But he also said that these shocks are very high quality with double valve adjustments (rebound & compression) as well as the threaded body for length.

I was so sold on this that I went ahead and pulled the trigger on eBay for one:

I am sure that I can find a way to work with too much vs. too little. There is a very wide variety of knuckles with varying ratios and so I can experiment there -and I am also sure that you can get springs to fit in less rates than stock.

-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; February 1st, 2018 at 08:33 AM.
KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 02:36 PM   #28
Level 9

Do you have the calculations for determining spring rate and suspension design? If you are in need of these I can try to get on my laptop and copy them onto here somehow. Been awhile but went to school for automotive engineering awhile back. The notes are on my old laptop still if they would be useful?
Level 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 03:25 PM   #29
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level 9 View Post
Do you have the calculations for determining spring rate and suspension design? If you are in need of these I can try to get on my laptop and copy them onto here somehow. Been awhile but went to school for automotive engineering awhile back. The notes are on my old laptop still if they would be useful?
Oh definitely yes! If you have calculations for a cantilever system -it would be so much appreciated. Thanks!

-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 03:38 PM   #30
Level 9

I will see what I have. Is on a thumb drive here somewhere or my stepdaughter has my old laptop. Once I get a hold of one or the other I'll get you what I have.
Old February 1st, 2018, 04:38 PM   #31
BLUEnoEQ

I'd be interested if that can be posted.

BLUEnoEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 05:55 PM   #32
Level 9

Only the shortcut to the folder copied to the thumb drive go figure. I have them in a binder as well but don't know how to post pictures on here. I'll get my hands on that other laptop and fix that because I need to make sure those get copied to this computer for my own sake as well. I'll post it however when I get it. I don't recall having the info on a cantilever setup, but its the formulas to configure a suspension. ie degree of roll at what spring rate with what thickness of spring vs how many coils at what degree and what not. Pretty useful info I would think at the point your currently at the moment. it may help so I will try to get my hands on it quick as possible. unless there is a way to post some pictures of what I have in the binder?