Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saved another and gained a black one finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved another and gained a black one finally!

I didn't know whether I should post this in the Craigslist finds or here -since I found it on CL nearby.

Only occasionally -do I see really good deals on Probes. So when I saw this one and when I saw the pics and the price -I called them up and told them I would be there in the morning to pick it up (without even looking at it).

I wanted a black one with a good body forever -and I finally found the perfect one.

And get a load of this -the elusive glass top that some have claimed doesn't exist (like unicorns):

This is my third one of these that I have seen and all three have looked exactly like this one (Very factory install looking).

But this is something I have never found yet until now:

Anyone need a subwoofer box?

So far -grand total into it:
    Car -$500
    Tow Dolly rental -$45
    Gas -$50
    Arby's -$15
    Last edited by KLZE Porsche; July 8, 2017, 08:17 AM.
    Success is a measure of determination!
    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
    Restoration of a legend

Looks like a decent save.
    Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

Nice find. Electric conversion at one point kinda interesting
      My '97 GTS in its prime
      New GTS Stripped and gutted rebuild from ground up.
      2000 Explorer XLS 2 inch lift 32 inch BFG's My Wifes Daily

Comment

There was a white electric probe for sale on CL not too long ago, must have went to some college or something because it was never to be seen again. Or I was searching a different state at the time and have no clue of where to start looking again. I was searching major cities back then for no apparent reason.

Comment

I wonder what kind of power plant it had.
          1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Originally posted by Brizzy View Post
            I wonder what kind of power plant it had.
            It was a 29 HP electric motor on an adapter plate with a coupler to the trans input shaft. I don't know the specifics of the motor other than that the HP. I just asked the guy if he wanted to sell the adapter and he said he wanted to sell it with the motor.

He said that when the batteries were new -he could get 60 miles of drive time on a charge with a top speed of 70 MPH in third. I would guess the transmission is probably toast from being driven 70 in 3rd all of the time.

What I am most pleased with in this find is the condition of the body and interiors. There is only one door ding that I have found yet and the interiors are nearly flawless. It was well taken care of during it's electric life.

The owner decided it would be too much work to swap it back to gas and also knew how rare Probe parts have become and so he decided to let it go. He said -replacing the batteries was far too expensive to even consider -and finding/installing a KL would be nearly as bad financially. So it's life as an electric ended.

And now it will be reborn once again as a petrol sippin' baby!
            Last edited by KLZE Porsche; November 20, 2015, 06:56 AM.
            Restoration of a legend

Comment

70 in 3rd isn't actually all that bad....it's about the equivalent to 4500-5000 rpm on an engine so it shouldn't have killed the transmisison.
              '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
              '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
              '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

The interior looks great! (It's the same as mine.) AND you got the original fog lights to boot!
                '97 GTS 5M no stripes, no spoiler;
                '93/'94 rear bumper, side mirrors, tail lights
                MX-6 front seats
                MX-6 steering wheel w/626 cruise controls

Comment

Nice snag!

120 volts? Hmmmm...
                  My 93GT, Wendy - the oldest second gen Probe in the U.S. still on the road.

Forever in search of Enkei Shoguns.

Comment

Originally posted by mtsmb View Post
                    Nice snag!

120 volts? Hmmmm...
                    Keep in mind that's DC not AC.
                    Probe out for Harambe
                    94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

It warms my heart to know that you are taking in those poor strays and giving them a good home
                      DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
                      94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

Originally posted by BhamGTS View Post
                        ...AND you got the original fog lights to boot!
                        Yea -and one of them isn't even broken. The other one is repairable. How's it going? We will have to hit up some wings for lunch again sometime. I am now working for a great company off of 459 around the Derby Parkway exit (near Trussville).

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Originally posted by MSDKLZE View Post
                        It warms my heart to know that you are taking in those poor strays and giving them a good home
                        I get a warm fuzzy feeling myself when the paint buffs out nicely. I have been working on the paint with a buffer and some MAAS polishing cream down in the garage and it is coming out as spectacular as one would ever ask for in a car this old. So far -and unbelievably, I have found only one small ding in a rear quarter and one small pushed in type area near the glass top. The paint and body are in spectacular condition. I will post up some pics once I get the buffing finished up. It is truly an amazing find! I am so pumped up!

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

Originally posted by mtsmb View Post
                        ...120 volts? Hmmmm...
                        Originally posted by BLUEnoEQ View Post
                        Keep in mind that's DC not AC.
                        Maybe I should change it to 12 psi ?

I am either going to have to find a 97 engine harness or it will have to go MS. Part of the original Engine harness was hacked/spliced for the electric conversion. There are almost no more Probes in the yards any more. Currently -I would have to drive 150 miles to the nearest 2nd Gen Probe in a JY and the next one is 350 miles from here.

I don't know if I want to drive that far -only to find once I get there -that the car is stripped to the bones - or wiring harnesses hacked by a JY hackmeister -who cares less about Probes -but only about tearing the rear seat out to find $ 0.53 underneath the cushion.

Or -I might also get stabbed by an infected needle left by the previous owner. I think that this area here where I live is the meth/heroine/crack user capital of the world. I can't tell you how many times I have found needles, burned spoons and other paraphernalia in these cars. But as I expected long ago -there are no more Probes coming into the yards. I hope I have stockpiled enough parts to last until someone burns my arse and spreads my ashes.
                        Last edited by KLZE Porsche; November 28, 2015, 06:45 AM.
                        Restoration of a legend

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSquid View Post
                          70 in 3rd isn't actually all that bad....it's about the equivalent to 4500-5000 rpm on an engine so it shouldn't have killed the transmisison.
                          There is still a good possibility that the trans is toast (synchro rings) because there was no clutch usage. The electric motor was direct coupled.

I did a little buffing on the paint. Good thing is that it has very good paint. Bad thing is that Ford didn't properly prep the hockey stick panels or lower door piece. So paint came off with water spray. I will have to sand them and respray them. No Biggie!

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; July 8, 2017, 08:19 AM.
                          Restoration of a legend

Comment

Shined up nice, good looking wheels...

Comment

think thats the first ever electric Probe
                              95' pgt stock, black with sunrooof.

Comment

Working...
                              X