Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so is sunrise jdm motors a good importer??
    Oh..... you were supposed to type somethign here... now i got my sig. all over my screen =(

1992 GL, im in love
    need turbos now, or a SC.

Comment

• I dont think there are any importers you can trust just follow the advice from michael and you'll be fine... Dont commit to anything if they are willing to provide pictures of what they're sending you and honor their warrenty.
      93 GT-ZE, Hotshot Headers, Greddy SP2, Eibach lowering springs, Magnecor's 8.5mm competition wires, AWR Mounts, Spec Stage 1...

Comment

• ZR1 filter

The filter used on the ZR1 was also used on lots of other vehicles including some Mazda pickups get the parts guy to cross reference the numbers for you.

All 90 - 95 corvette zr1 oil filters are the same...
        bosch part # 3401
        k & n part # hp 2007
        fram part # 3985
        mobil 1 # m 1207
        penzoil # p30
        purolator # 14619
        wix part# 51324
        quaker state # Qs3985
        stp part # s3985
        ac delco #pf970c
        napa part # 1324
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell

Comment

• McMalibu thanks ever so much for the list, ive been trying to get one for a long time and we dont have the bosch filters listed in Australia you guys use so i havent been able to get something similar. thanks.
          Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
          Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
          Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

• Thanx for the info

Comment

• excellent write up!! thanks so much!!

i never even knew anything about this before.

so when i call, i must/should:

1. i want the numbers on intake mani to match number on block?
              2. i want to see pictures of the engine I AM RECIEVING
              3. i want the underside of the valve cover to be a light bronze to silver?
              anything else i forgot?

so this is bad correct?
              http://picasaweb.google.com/malaeum/...61006316759842
              Last edited by 96pgt@dd1ct; October 25, 2008, 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              1996 Pgt - Clear Corners, Fogs, CAI, Custom Cat-Back Exhaust, High-Flow Cat, Security System, NGK Plugs, painted calipers
              Plans: KLZE engine and 5spd trans

Comment

• Idea

Originally posted by SuperSquid View Post
                Regarding the rusted cams.....if you are past your warranty period and you find your cams are rusted, you can remove them and use very fine ( 00 ) steel wool to remove / smooth out the rust from the journals. Oil them between "sandings".

Now If U had access to a glass or sand blaster. any rust either inside a component of the engine or exterior would be an easy fix provided the rust wasn't so bad as to weaken the component. also a great idea for the components u would like to paint on the engine ... For example valve covers ... just make sure to do a good clean up job you wouldn't want the glass or sand particles flowing through your engine when finished......
                93 Probe GT V6 Auto (For Sale)
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3160119 (#
                2003 Eclipse GS 2.4L Auto
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/397019...se-gs-coupe-2d

Comment

• Originally posted by 96pgt@dd1ct View Post
                  excellent write up!! thanks so much!!

i never even knew anything about this before.

so when i call, i must/should:

1. i want the numbers on intake mani to match number on block?
                  2. i want to see pictures of the engine I AM RECIEVING
                  3. i want the underside of the valve cover to be a light bronze to silver?
                  anything else i forgot?

so this is bad correct?
                  http://picasaweb.google.com/malaeum/...61006316759842

1. Yes
                  2. Yes
                  3. Yes
                  93 GT-ZE, Hotshot Headers, Greddy SP2, Eibach lowering springs, Magnecor's 8.5mm competition wires, AWR Mounts, Spec Stage 1...

Comment

• I will add that this write up should prove to be very valuable..THX

On another note I gave JDMSource.Ca a call today about a ZE that they have on hand and they refuse to send any pictures before a purchase. They promise to send a plethora of pictures post purchase along with compression test. Is it me or is this practice backwards? I read earlier that one person here bought an engine from them and had good luck. I think they are simply going to lose a serious customer. I will also add that "Shoaib's" (sp) arrogance sealed his fate in regards to this transaction. Has anyone else experience this service from this dealer?

Comment

• I bought a KLZE V6 from JDMsource.ca in August this year and they sent me one with a cracked intake manifold... I'm still waiting for a replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAtoOH View Post
                        I will add that this write up should prove to be very valuable..THX

On another note I gave JDMSource.Ca a call today about a ZE that they have on hand and they refuse to send any pictures before a purchase. They promise to send a plethora of pictures post purchase along with compression test. Is it me or is this practice backwards? I read earlier that one person here bought an engine from them and had good luck. I think they are simply going to lose a serious customer. I will also add that "Shoaib's" (sp) arrogance sealed his fate in regards to this transaction. Has anyone else experience this service from this dealer?

I bought my ZE from these guys and had pretty damn good service. I was unable to get pictures before buying, however I bought before they even had the motor in stock, this may be the case for you as well. I had to wait two weeks for the motor to arrive, exactly what I was told upfront (motor shipped one day before they promised it would). When the motor arrived it was in decent shape, the biggest issues resulted from less than great packing and it had some damage from shipping, nothing bad though. Once I got to tearing everything off of motor it was in pretty decent shape. I've had the motor for over 5,000 miles now and so far its been running damn strong. I'm quite happy with my purchase. I felt the customer service was pretty damn good. In the end the biggest complaint I had was the rust buildup on the cams, some scotchbrite pads took care of that but that is a less than optimal solution.

All in all I recommend them, while not perfect I've heard far worse stories from many other importers.

Comment

• I went to TigerJapanese for my motor. I live about an hour from there so I went to pick it out myself.. Right off the bat I had a bad vibe about the place and the workers; there is like 3 lights in the entire warehouse, the forklift driver was backing up and pushed a couple B18 motors out of the way with the back of his machine :| The lovely gentleman working there promptly came up and asked "WHAT YOU DOING HERE!?!?!", and I explained I am there to pick out a KLZE motor. I shit you not, his reply was "What is a KLZE?", and his partners reply was "Oh, I have one of those...". I proceeded to tell him the website said they had 42 in stock, and he said he would take me to where the "KLZE" was.. I was then shown a BP Turbo motor :S.. Feeling like getting out of there ASAP, but also needing a motor, I glanced around until I saw a heaping pile, i.e 2 and 3 engines stacked high in some places , 8 engines wide by 8 long. "Oh, I have one of those..." DOH!! I go over to the pile and find 3 straight necks right off the bat, all of which were broken in some form or another.. The next 5 consecutive motors were hybrids, K8s, DE heads w/ ZEIM, just crap... I move around the pile, which the entire time the lovely worker is asking me which motors are klze's, which are not etc etc.. I run across a good streak of finding MS8 ZE's, the fourth motor I find, tucked away in the corner was Gorgeous.. under the VC was so light amber it was almost a silvermine checked pistons, retainers springs etc All codes matched, grabbed a good dipstick for it no scoring under the cam journals at all..It now runs beautifully, on AMSOIL 100% Syn..

So, Moral of the story is it is very possible to get an awesome motor from these guys, but there is not a chance in hell I would trust one of the shipped motors.. Especially for you guys in the states ordering, where it would cost more to return it than most would be willing to pay..
                          Last edited by Aaj2k5; October 29, 2008, 07:05 AM.
                          1995 ProbeGT
                          |KLZE|PANSPEED KL31|JE50|17" Eagle Alloy 196 Black|Nexen N3000|Goodridge SS Brakelines|Magnaflow Exhaust|2 12" Kicker CompVR|Alpine CDA-9883|JL 500/1|Garmin Nuvi 250w|GPGT Leather|Gen|4 Camaro Lights|Mazda3 SW|

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaj2k5 View Post
                            I went to TigerJapanese for my motor. I live about an hour from there so I went to pick it out myself.. Right off the bat I had a bad vibe about the place and the workers; there is like 3 lights in the entire warehouse, the forklift driver was backing up and pushed a couple B18 motors out of the way with the back of his machine :| The lovely gentleman working there promptly came up and asked "WHAT YOU DOING HERE!?!?!", and I explained I am there to pick out a KLZE motor. I shit you not, his reply was "What is a KLZE?", and his partners reply was "Oh, I have one of those...". I proceeded to tell him the website said they had 42 in stock, and he said he would take me to where the "KLZE" was.. I was then shown a BP Turbo motor :S.. Feeling like getting out of there ASAP, but also needing a motor, I glanced around until I saw a pile, i.e 2 and 3 engines stacked high in some places , 8 engines wide by 8 long. "Oh, I have one of those..." DOH!! I go over to the pile and find 3 straight necks right off the bat, all of which were broken in some form or another.. The next 5 consecutive motors were hybrids, K8s, DE heads w/ ZEIM, just crap... I move around the pile, which the entire time the lovely worker is asking me which motors are klze's, which are not etc etc.. I run across a good streak of finding MS8 ZE's, the fourth motor I find, tucked away in the corner was Gorgeous.. under the VC was so light amber it was almost a silvermine checked pistons, retainers springs etc All codes matched, grabbed a good dipstick for it no scoring under the cam journals at all..It now runs beautifully, on AMSOIL 100% Syn..

So, Moral of the story is it is very possible to get an awesome motor from these guys, but there is not a chance in hell I would trust one of the shipped motors.. Especially for you guys in the states ordering, where it would cost more to return it than most would be willing to pay..
                            ya man Tiger can be douchebags. The guy that didn't know anything wa sit the bigger asain guy with glasses. He's a jackass. let me guess he also asked you for a tip. There are some guys there that know there stuff and some that don't. Those Kybrid k8's you saw there are combinations of kf's and k8ze's and let me guess you aw ome kl01 heads with straight neck on it. Thats Mazda for ya. I see these motors all the time. I do not beleive the manifolds have been swaped. Just the way Mazda does it. slap whatever manifold on a motor. Thats why we check codes. Did tiger allow you to take the valve cover off to check the codes?

Comment

• lol i had a ratchet and 10mm and he was like what is that?? And I replied its called a ratchet.. "Well what are you doing with it?", "I'm going to look at the motor im buying", "Well what do you need to see? Under the cover??", "Uhh...Yeah???", "Well all you need to see is this, no cover" *Undoes filler cap and points how "clean" motor was* (I had a flexi light - shone it in - it was clean right under the cap and brown in the rest of it - as though someone sprayed through the cap with a hose), So I fought with him for a while until he finally stopped bugging me and let me do my thing..

And yah, some of the hybrids didn't look as though there was a new manifold put on it, they seemed to be same condition as the rest of the motor it was weird.. I saw K8 heads with straight neck mani, KL01 heads with straight neck, KL-31 with curve neck mani, etc etc.. just a pile of junk, with a few true ones.. I honestly don't think the guys at Tiger were capable of transferring the mani's onto the other motors...

Ha! He did ask for a tip! I told him I would give him a tip if he could tell me what stamping would be on my heads, and he just looked at me like I was speaking some foreign language (.English lol)
                              Last edited by Aaj2k5; October 29, 2008, 07:07 AM.
                              1995 ProbeGT
                              |KLZE|PANSPEED KL31|JE50|17" Eagle Alloy 196 Black|Nexen N3000|Goodridge SS Brakelines|Magnaflow Exhaust|2 12" Kicker CompVR|Alpine CDA-9883|JL 500/1|Garmin Nuvi 250w|GPGT Leather|Gen|4 Camaro Lights|Mazda3 SW|

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaj2k5 View Post
                                And yah, some of the hybrids didn't look as though there was a new manifold put on it, they seemed to be same condition as the rest of the motor it was weird.. I saw K8 heads with straight neck mani, KL01 heads with straight neck, KL-31 with curve neck mani, etc etc.. just a pile of junk, with a few true ones.. I honestly don't think the guys at Tiger were capable of transferring the mani's onto the other motors...
                                the k8 heads you saw with staright neck mani, take clos eook at the manifold. its ALOT smaller than the staright neck. Its the k8ze manifold.

Comment

Working...
                                X