No announcement yet.

Fixed my EGR & VRIS probs - TEST procedures w/in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Tom, I have had a code 16 EGR on my car ever since I got a new tranny installed and I just recently installed a ported and polished manifold, but I remember that I had to switch over the little check valve thing from my old mani to my new one because one of the nipples was broken on the new one. I still have the code and now I am wondering if I put the valve in the correct way...what would not work if it was reversed? I know that the VRIS on the passenger side works by the paper test but I never tried it for the other one. Also, at WOT when it would normally shift into 3rd gear there is a large power lose and I can tell the car just kinda dies for a second, I dont know if this is when the VRIS 2 is supposed to open and that is why it is doing this. Finally : ) On my old manifold the nipple coming out the back of the mani next to the VRIS on the passenger side (whatever number that is) had a plug on it. I had a friend do most the work on the mani switch and when I got home I noticed that there was no hose on that nipple so I went and looked on my old mani and there was the plug on that one so i just switched it over, and now you say that there is supposed to be a hose going to that? Why does mine have a plug, it must have been there when I bought the car, unless the tranny guys messed something up and just decided to plug the nipple. Where does the hose come from? This is really long, sorry.
    93 MX-6 LS... Custom CAI, Pacesetter Catback, Pacesetter Headers, CATCO High Flow Cat, P&P Intake Manifold w/ Spacers, Coned Throttle Body, Front Strut Tower Bar, IAT mod, and two Mazdaspeed stickers. Soon to have FPR and UDP.

Comment

TTT
      93 MX-6 LS... Custom CAI, Pacesetter Catback, Pacesetter Headers, CATCO High Flow Cat, P&P Intake Manifold w/ Spacers, Coned Throttle Body, Front Strut Tower Bar, IAT mod, and two Mazdaspeed stickers. Soon to have FPR and UDP.

Comment

On Monday December 3, 2001 12:28 AM, MyBlackMX6 wrote:
        TTT
        I responded to your PM yesterday afternoon - hope that helped.
        I'm a bad man

Comment

that's probably my problem. ever since i installed my phenos, the CEL was on for the EGR and my VRIS #2 wasn't working. i'm taking all my stuff apart this weekend, so i'll go through these tests to fix the problem. thanks a lot!
          '93 Electric Red PGT SOLD
          Sponsored By: Dunlop Tires, Acci-Dent, Extreme Parts, Street Graphix, S3 Magazine, Great Lakes Dragaway
          2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Comment

is that little hose that connects to the sotck airbox important? what should i do with it now that i took out the air box?
            Flowmaster, Sleepy Eye, IAT Mod, Third Brake Light Mod, Painted Calipers, HomeDepot CAI, hyper white turn signals, custom clear corners, custom switch panel, PIAA Fogs

Comment

aight well..none of my vris are working, VRIS#1 is not open during idle, i switched the connectors and same thing, i dont know where vris#2 is even wit the diagrams but fo sure, vris#1 is not open durin idle i also got a cel fo egr and vris#2..could it be my check valve? i've never touched it b4 but maybe my mechanics did..
              -93' Ford PGT Black/New Spark Platnium plugs/NGK wires/HotShot CIA/FlowMaster Exhaust wit 41/2" tip/white underbody neon light/Sprint 1.8" drop Springs/corksport front lip/blitz rear bumper/NEO side skirts/RockFord two 12" speakerz/

Comment

lol anybody have a picture of where the VRIS's are?
                HAHA...sorry i dont know what it does either
                Flowmaster, Sleepy Eye, IAT Mod, Third Brake Light Mod, Painted Calipers, HomeDepot CAI, hyper white turn signals, custom clear corners, custom switch panel, PIAA Fogs

Comment

Good stuff for the archive.
                  Rick_96PGT #62
                  "I never apologize.
                  I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am."
                  - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Working...
                  X