Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^ Pfffft...And they said this thread wouldn't be productive.

Comment

Originally posted by panic37 View Post
      ^^^^ Pfffft...And they said this thread wouldn't be productive.
      And so you think any of this justifies the origination of this thread?
      Success is a measure of determination!
      Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
      $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
      Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
        And so you think any of this justifies the origination of this thread?
        Sarcasm, sir. Sarcasm.

Jesus.

Comment

PT flipflops... design them to last a couple years, dyno test them, make em cheap aaannd I think we'll all agree something productive may have come out of this thread. Until someone stubs a toe and... ends up in limp mode.
          Probe out for Harambe
          94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

Originally posted by BLUEnoEQ View Post
            PT flipflops... design them to last a couple years, dyno test them, make em cheap aaannd I think we'll all agree something productive may have come out of this thread. Until someone stubs a toe and... ends up in limp mode.
            It's never cheap enough for the buyers, which makes it not worth the time, effort and materials to make anything for the Probe community.

KLZE Porsche, myself and others work in or with machine shops. I think we have had thoughts of making parts for the Probe community, but it's not worth it. People would complain about the prices if they were comparable to similar products, and would rather buy cheap knock-off products on eBay instead.

That's the same reason there is no aftermarket support for Probes. Because other companies made cheap knock-offs. People bought those instead of the original good quality parts, and the original companies stopped making them. Now the only options are the cheap knock-off parts.
            Last edited by SBPGT; February 15, 2017, 12:18 AM.
            Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
            STEVE B
            1993 Probe GT
            2016 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by SBPGT View Post
              KLZE Porsche, myself and others work in or with machine shops. I think we have had thoughts of making parts for the Probe community, but it's not worth it. People would complain about the prices if they were comparable to similar products, and would rather buy cheap knock-off products on eBay instead.

That's the same reason there is no aftermarket support for Probes. Because other companies made cheap knock-offs. People bought those instead of the original good quality parts, and the original companies stopped making them. Now the only options are the cheap knock-off parts.

Exactly! I have a lot of part designs that I have spent a lot of time measuring, modeling, etc. -so that they are a perfect fit, high quality materials and quality looks. But they can never be made to market -due to the overwhelming possibility of loosing money because of cheap arse Probe owners. The Probe might as well be the "Civic" of the Ford line based on the mentality.

As you said -this is why there is literally no aftermarket for them. Some who have made good parts have ceased doing so -due to countless problems with customers (kids). Others have quit -because of loosing money trying.

I recently had a guy contact me who had bought a 93 computer from me a year or more ago and said that he loved the ECU before he crashed his car and wanted to know if it would work in his new 94 car. I told him no and his reply was "Well do you think you can work out some sort of deal for me -because I would really like to avoid having to return it"

What the hell? I absolutely have no respect for people that I see in Wally World (or other places) trying to return items that obviously have been excessively used (such as shoes with soles falling off). Even if the soles are falling off in a few months -I still do not return them -because I know that part of the problem is my excessive use. I am not happy about them failing -but I still just fork out the money for a new pair -because of my part in the pre-mature failure.

So how the hell am I supposed to respect a kid that wants to return an item after using it for a year or more -just because he no longer wants or needs it? B.S. I choose to not loose money -and avoid kids that cause problems.
              Last edited by KLZE Porsche; February 15, 2017, 05:15 AM.
              Restoration of a legend

Comment

I live on a very steep property. The only places that are semi level are the house and garage. Anywhere outside those 2 places you are walking on an angle. Shoes have always lasted me 2-3 years before moving here. Since moving here shoes are a monthly thing. Sides rip out very quickly. It does not matter if i spend $5 for Walmart cheapo's or I spend $150 on some big name brand. Where you live makes a huge difference on how fast your shoes fail. I fully understand the point of using inexpensive shoes verses expensive shoes at this point. Sadly one of my biggest pet peeves has always been shoe shopping. At this point I just stroll through and grab the same exact style and size I bought the month before. Hell I have even started to stock up on new shoes so I never have to make a special trip and waste fuel to get a new pair.
                1993 Probe GT
                2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

I work in an industrial environment. I always get WO8167 Wolverines. They last me about 9 months to 14 months, before the soles are too smooth to be slip resistance. I spend about 60 bucks a pair when they are one sale at shoe carnival.
                  ¡Renewed Vigor!

Comment

Originally posted by LowClassCC View Post
                    I live on a very steep property. The only places that are semi level are the house and garage. Anywhere outside those 2 places you are walking on an angle. Shoes have always lasted me 2-3 years before moving here. Since moving here shoes are a monthly thing. Sides rip out very quickly. It does not matter if i spend $5 for Walmart cheapo's or I spend $150 on some big name brand. Where you live makes a huge difference on how fast your shoes fail. I fully understand the point of using inexpensive shoes verses expensive shoes at this point. Sadly one of my biggest pet peeves has always been shoe shopping. At this point I just stroll through and grab the same exact style and size I bought the month before. Hell I have even started to stock up on new shoes so I never have to make a special trip and waste fuel to get a new pair.
                    I am glad that I am not the only one!
                    Restoration of a legend

Comment

KLZEPorsche- Are you really going to write a novel length response justifying why you spend your hard earned money on cheap shitty shoes, and then a few hours later praise someone who says the reason there's no aftermarket for the Probe is because Probe owners won't pay for quality? Like seriously?! You don't see the irony and hypocrisy there?

And again, there's a whole world of QUALITY parts out there. Individuals making quality parts and buyers paying what the product is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by proboner View Post
                        So I only read the first post of this thread, but I've had the exact opposite experience. I've been trying to sell parts here locally for basically years now and I practically cant give the stuff away! If anyone's interested, I have a RWD PGT for sale!
                        Oh gawd. Do you just buy everything from dans sac?
                        1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                        1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                        2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                        2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                        1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                          I see what you did there

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                            I bought the car 7 years ago and was immediately diagnosed with chronic kidney disease, left my job to go on dialysis, finished up college, and worked my way up into a career where I can afford to finish a project like this. Unfortunately I also lost interest during that time. Sue me.
                            Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
                            Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
                            Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
                            The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

Originally posted by panic37 View Post
                              KLZEPorsche- Are you really going to write a novel length response justifying why you spend your hard earned money on cheap shitty shoes, and then a few hours later praise someone who says the reason there's no aftermarket for the Probe is because Probe owners won't pay for quality? Like seriously?! You don't see the irony and hypocrisy there?

And again, there's a whole world of QUALITY parts out there. Individuals making quality parts and buyers paying what the product is worth.
                              I think that most will agree that many Probe owners are cheap arses. However, I doubt too many will agree with your starting of this thread!

Are you really going to write a novel length thread origination post -bitching about people's asking prices for rare Probe parts and then talk about paying top dollar for shoes? Hmmm.... back at you! I was bitching about shoes and other shite -to reinforce my point that there are better things to bitch at (or not <--there's the irony) -than bitching at people about their asking prices.

And even if you hadn't started this thread -that should not have been started -you still don't intend to take anyone's advise about just letting it go if you don't like the price and shopping elsewhere. That is the entire point of nearly every comment in this thread that actually applies to this pointless thread!

P.S. I didn't say that Probe people won't pay for quality. I said there are too many "cheap arses" (people who complain when people aren't selling items for "give-away" prices). These are two totally different kinds of buying (or non-buying) people. One wants quality and always pays top dollar for it. The other always wants to try to low-ball a seller on an item or bitches about their price. Unfortunately -type B out-numbers type A -so there is almost no aftermarket!
                              Last edited by KLZE Porsche; February 15, 2017, 10:46 AM.
                              Restoration of a legend

Comment

Your memory must be going old man. I can't even keep up with all your contradictions.. I believe in my original post I SPECIFICALLY said that you should get top dollar for the rare and most sought after parts in the Probe community. Did I not? I believe I even said that I don't think we should be giving things away for free just because we're all members of this forum, but that we should be reasonable. Moron. I took issue with the over pricing of interior parts. Guys want $100 for a god damn ash try lid and then want to turn around and ask for help about a starting issue. DON'T **** OVER THOSE YOU ASK FOR HELP. It's a straightforward concept. Call it whining, call it bitching, call it an unnecessary thread, I don't really care. I got my point out there.. But the mouth breathers have come out in droves for this thread. God for-****ing-bid someone has an opinion about something. Again, there's a thread about a ****ing billboard, but I'm getting shit because this isn't a useful thread? Get the **** outta here.

If you want this thread to close or feel it's illegitimate, then stop being the biggest contributor to it. And you couldn't be more wrong about "almost no aftermarket for it". You just don't know where to look.

Comment

Working...
                                X