This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anl93prrobe
    I have a 93pgt and i was looking into doing this same thing but there is a lower radiator hose in the way what do i do about that?
    Just angle the bottom end of the downpipe towards the battery, and you should have no problem.
    Jonathan Seifert
    93 PGT, 1st AAS kit in the east, alot more mods than most, Robin's egg blue custom paint.(SOLD)
    05 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    11 Toyota Rav4
    NPA!

Comment

hey man thanx i put that up there this morning and didnt think much of it but after a nice sunny day i went and finished it. i found that an intake for a 97 prelude that comes in 2 pieces the real cold air intake works perfect for a V6 probe. all you need to do is attach the L shaped tube to the end of the MAFS and use one of the rubber conectors to attach the other pipe right down infront of the fans this puts it at the right height and does not get in the way of the hoses or the O2 sensor. if anyone else has any ideas pleas let me know. or better yet try it and let me know

Comment

Since this thread is supposed to be “the definitive home depot CAI topic” Would anyone be kind enough to post what they did with the two vacuum hoses.
        (1) The little one connected to the back of the stock air box.
        (2) The big one connected to the stock TB to VAF elbow.

Comment

Finished CAI

Just finished my CAI this weekend. I used 3" mandrel bent aluminized pipe some silicone couplings and a Vibrant filter with screen in the center that I purchased from a local performance shop and some small fittings from advanced for the vacuum lines. I was going to paint the pipe but decided to just shine it with some steel wool. It needs a little refinement but for now I am very pleased with the performance and look.:grin: :grin:
          2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
          2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
          2015 Dodge Charger Scatpack

Comment

Vacuum hoses

The little one you can just leave as it is one the stock sensor, just unbolt th bracket from the box. As for the larger one, cover it up with pantyhose or a breather, or you can jsut leave the damn thing.

Comment

Custom CAI

Here are some pics if anyone is interested in them?:grin: http://home.bellsouth.net/personalpa...rsemen&ver=3.0
              2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
              2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

after reading all of your posts, anyone recommend a good pipe size to use (ABS)? I have now unsuccesfully tried 3" piping for an atx probe, and the radiator hoses get all pinched b/w the tranny and the pipe. So, would 2" work, or might it be too small? I would think not, due to the VAF cone opening not being larger than 2". Please help! Any input would be .

Comment

I would try 2.5" inch, I don't really know anything about probes but I would think that 2" would be too small to make much in the way of performance, I myself have a custom CAI built from home depot on my 2K Tiburon with 3" bends and 2.5" pipeing.
                  http://www.4-petes-sake.com/images/logo/next_269x68.gif
                  New England Xtreme Tuners
                  2000 Hyundai Tiburon
                  4-2-1 racing Headers, w/full 2.25" exhaust
                  Custom Intake
                  16" Motegi MR12's w/Avon ZZ1 Tires

Comment

2" works ok...
                    2.5'' also works ok.
                    Which part are are you having problems connecting?

Comment

its all good, i got it on yesterday w/ my pop. It took a little time, and a lot of patience. The hard part was when the 90 turn towards the ground had to go b/w the fan and the radiator hose/atx housing. 2" cleared however, and it works great! Great sound. the smaller piping gives it a BOV sound. pretty intimidating. Diff. in power too. Small, but noticeable. Thx for all input. Good thread!

Comment

small tip i learned the hard way. The pvc primer and glue is not enough by itself. it lasted about 6 months, then i was checking my oil one day and noticed my filter had fallen off and was completely gone. i think it is because the glue will lose its strength due to the high heat. i rebuilt it using the glue and a few screws.
                        Black 95 PGT-SOLD and missed
                        Borla cat-back, custom CAI

Comment

Custom CAI

Check this out8-) http://home.bellsouth.net/personalpa...rsemen&ver=3.0
                          2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
                          2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Nice

Comment

anyone have a HDCAI and have rigged up a bypass or a air breather on their cai? if so let me know how
                              Flowmaster, Sleepy Eye, IAT Mod, Third Brake Light Mod, Painted Calipers, HomeDepot CAI, hyper white turn signals, custom clear corners, custom switch panel, PIAA Fogs

Comment

Good job PTer's

Its always good to see that you guys take the time to post pics and instructions for the knowledge seekers.
                                1990 MX6 sent to a better place as of 8/14/10 afters 21 years of ownership. My new whip a 2007 Mazda 3i Touring bought in 2006.

Comment

Working...
                                X