AAS 1st & 2nd gen Hoods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAS 1st & 2nd gen Hoods!

Well after everyone thinking that the firstgens would never have a hood, we have The Molds for a fully functional ram air hood. They need to be cleaned up, but they are beautiful. We also have the Razor hood now so that they can be produced. I had one of these on my car and absolutly loved it.
    Heres the First Gen Hood... http://www.andysautosport.com/produc...rglass%20Hoods
    and heres the Razor Hood
    http://www.andysautosport.com/produc...rglass%20Hoods
    '93 GTZE Widebody....axed and parted out
    '00 Contour SVT...perfect, and 1 of only 2150 (Sold)
    '04 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (Sold)
    '10 Cadillac SRX
    Original Ricepoc member

hey matt, is eric going to make you the official PT contact for AAS?
    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

haha, I don't know, but I think he should , Im always on here, even when im at work
      '10 Cadillac SRX
      Original Ricepoc member

Comment

thats hot! are they all going to be fiberglass or can a person get carbon fiber
        2007 Dodge Charger RT. stock, but fun

Comment

they are all fiberglass.
          '10 Cadillac SRX
          Original Ricepoc member

Comment

Are the new Kaotic hoods going to come with inserts of some kind to block off the louvers like in the pic or no?
            1993 PGT-ZE-NX
            1996 PGT-T
            293.9whp/293.1wtq
            Sold

Comment

Blocking off the inserts negates the effect of the cooling ducts, sooooo... its really not meant to be that way... Do not worry about rain. I drove 65 miles in a downpour with no hood on and the car was fine..

A little water now and then in there won't matter.. Most of it will evaporate instantly from the engine heat anyway..

Don't worry about it.. And I've driven cars with the Razor hood as well as another style hood that was never released... Its no problem..

<-- Used to work at AAS with Matt...

Sup Matt!!! Have you theen my batheball?
              2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

Comment

Originally posted by jon93PGT
                Blocking off the inserts negates the effect of the cooling ducts, sooooo... its really not meant to be that way... Do not worry about rain. I drove 65 miles in a downpour with no hood on and the car was fine..

A little water now and then in there won't matter.. Most of it will evaporate instantly from the engine heat anyway..

Don't worry about it.. And I've driven cars with the Razor hood as well as another style hood that was never released... Its no problem..

<-- Used to work at AAS with Matt...

Sup Matt!!! Have you theen my batheball?
                Yeah, I had one on my last car as well. It's quite annoying if you like to have a clean engine bay. Also, after a few heavy storms I've had water in my spark plug wells. Which negates the performance of spark plugs

Removeable block offs wouldnt be a bad thing to throw in for those of us without garages.

I was really just asking since it shows them in the picture on the site.
                1993 PGT-ZE-NX
                1996 PGT-T
                293.9whp/293.1wtq
                Sold

Comment

Is shipping on those hoods way expencive?

Comment

i have that hood on my 95 for almost 2 years.. i never had any problems with water and i drove in some nassssssssty as weather.. but i did drive 90mph.. in 100 degree weather with the a/c on and the car never got hot..
                    Original Ricepoc member
                    93 Black GT,mildly modified..----------------- SOLD
                    1991 Kawasaki ZX7R....all the speed i need!!!

Comment

strength is something that is emphasized on these hoods....i remember a certain member driving without hood pins in place and when the hood came off, the hood ripped the hidges off the car. no damage was seen on the hood.
                      probe is sold, now i have what the probe was suppose to replace, but ironically replaced my probe
                      1993 nighthawk 750
                      http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b...otor/assembly/

Comment

nice hood, who ships bulk items like that.

Comment

goin probin.... is there any way you can send me a picture of the hood mold? im really curious as to what a professional grade hood mold looks like.... im pretty sure its 2 separate molds...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverPGT-R
                            goin probin.... is there any way you can send me a picture of the hood mold? im really curious as to what a professional grade hood mold looks like.... im pretty sure its 2 separate molds...

yes it is two seperate molds.. a top skin and a bottom skin. the parts are made then put together..

metal hoods are made the same way.
                            Original Ricepoc member
                            93 Black GT,mildly modified..----------------- SOLD
                            1991 Kawasaki ZX7R....all the speed i need!!!

Comment

if anyone is selling any 1st gen. probe parts plz contact me on aim = ImportTunnr4Life or Yahoo = TheBoiYouWant22 and/or email = TuningImports22@aol.com

Comment

Working...
                              X