Real CZT IM info? huh? impossible....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real CZT IM info? huh? impossible....

So does it make good HP? Hows install? Whats it look like? Does anyone have one? Problems? Is it workth 500 bucks?

Yep...I know all the anwsers....BECAUSE I INSTALLED MINE TODAY!

So, as of right now, I am the only person I have heard of that actually has one on a car. I bought the prototype from IndyMX6 for 500 dollars. Pics tomorrow...I promise.

Install? The install took about 5 hours. The fuel rails needed major reconstruction. We shaved stuff off, tomorrow we need to remove the whole stupid wiring metal thing and replace + soder in new lines so we can save space. Everything else, so far, has gone ok. Also, there was a problem with the wire connectors on the fuel rails. Since they didnt set inbetween the IM correctly, I had to heat it and bend it to where I could fit them in the IM on the rails..... The big setback is that I am having a hard time getting it to idle. There are some majot vaccum leaks around where it seals to the block. I put new pheno spacers on with it...tomorrow I am going to use some 02 sensor safe gasket/sealant/rtv and try to get a really good seal. Everything else seems to be fine. When it starts up, the rpms drop and the car dies right away. Fuel and spark are good..... I CAN drive the car, as long as I dont idle. I drove it 80 miles today....its great so far

Looks? It looks MEAN as HECK on my car. I have the prototype, so the welds are nasty. It doesnt look nice at all. I did my best but it still isnt great. Despite that, having a dual barrel, aluminum, custom, IM looks insane...

POWER? Here is everyones favorite question. Will it make POWER? Well....I have a straight up, REAL anwser. Yes. It does. I would guess around 15-20 hp starting at around 4000 rpms. I can definatly feel the difference, and I dont even have a perfect fit yet. I am sure I am losing a lot of power with my major leak. Better then POWER...is the ride itself. My car is infinatley smoother now. There are no jerks in the power band, it just feels strong and smooth the whole way up until redline. We will get it on a dyno when install is done 100% and I can idle

Tomorrow I am going to rip it off my car again, seal it on there really really really really well with high temp gasket rtv, and hopefully my idle problem is only vaccum related. Everything else looks great, it has good power, it has a mean look, its nice.

Is it worth it? Hell yeah. Itll cost me about 700 dollars total to customize everything, pay someone to help me put it on...and thats including the cost of the IM as well. I know, no matter where I go on the street I will never meet someone that has one of these. Period.

Oh yeah....and today I also put on the MBX FPR kit. Mike.....seriously...can we do something about pre-made lines? I STILL have metal wire from the lines in my fingers. It was a serious PITA to get all the fittings on there....but man....it looks nice....real nice, especially with the IM.....YUMMY

Finally.
    Cameron
    1993 Rio Red PGT-ZE... SOLD 9/18/08
    1991 Mettalic Gray Toyota 4x4

Comment

oh yeah....and I dont know the people at CZT, im not some guy bsing you trying to sell a prosuct. its on my car for real im happy....as soon as I fix the idle, and have a good seal, then I know this thing will scream

Comment

oh yeah, if anyone has any goo ideas on what the idle problem could be, besides vaccum, let me know. Im stumped. IDK if my sealing problem on the IM is enough to cause this.

Comment

So whats the deal with the production of these things anyways? Now that you got one, are other ppl going to get one? HAHA I'd rather make one myself, and it probably would be done before the next one ships out.
          But none the less, im very interested in seeing pictures and stuff of the sort!
          Cameron
          1993 Rio Red PGT-ZE... SOLD 9/18/08
          1991 Mettalic Gray Toyota 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Winter.Raven
            I bought the prototype from IndyMX6 for 500 dollars.

However This is the same whored out Prototype . NOT the one everyone is waiting for.
            N.E.P.O-"The Rebel"
            -2005 SRT-4 *305lb tq*
            -1998 Neon Stock:
            -1997 PGT Stacked:**SOLD**

Comment

this is the ONLY one to my knowledge....sorry guys. i hope you all get yours soon, i know youll get it....if not you can come stare at mine.

Comment

I'd rather stare at my stock IM, it probably works better anyhow. I'm gonna trust Mazda knew what they were doing better than some hackjob kid with a welder (CZT). No offense to you, but if your car wasn't running smoothly before, there was probably something wrong with it, and anything will "feel" better.

Either way, good luck, maybe you can turn this failed project (the whole manifold deal) into something worthwhile?
                '96 MX-6 LS V6 M/T KL-ZE / '93 MX-6 LS V6 A/T [R.I.P.]
                '93 MX-6 LS V6 M/T KL-ZE [R.I.P.] / '94 Mazda 626 LS V6 M/T [R.I.P.]
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/snailman153624

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT WORKING!

Comment

Originally posted by snailman153624
                  Either way, good luck, maybe you can turn this failed project (the whole manifold deal) into something worthwhile?

Nope. Its the same manifold, the only manifold, and has nothing to do with progress from czt.

I'd say dyno it before and after on a dynojet.
                  2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                  2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Glad to hear your confirmation on the power!
                    He had 2 that were made. The one you have, and one I helped him build...the square one.

Snailman....easy on ripping someone you don't have a clue about. While of course it looks rough, all of his time was spent on engine simulation software to maximize power throughout the band, and then flowbenching the prototype for even flow on all cylinders. Which is more than ANY other intake maker has ever done in those departments.

Yeah, CZT never got them made, but just trying to emphasize a point that Winter.Raven has a solid engineered product.

Sounds good, Winter....I'm jealous. I wanted to make myself one while I was there, but ran out of time before I moved.
                    Last edited by Jeff L; June 19, 2005, 06:09 AM.
                    redeemed
                    IndyProbes founder

Comment

SEND A PM NEXT TIME
                      Last edited by spada; June 20, 2005, 05:09 AM.
                      93 Black PGT (SOLD)
                      2003.5 Lazer Blue Mica Mazdaspeed Protege #2500
                      2003.5 Blazing Yellow Mazdaspeed Protege #249
                      1990 White MX-5 The new "Toy"

Comment

YEAH HE SHOULDA PM'ED YOU
                        Last edited by spada; June 20, 2005, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by c-man
                          Nope. Its the same manifold, the only manifold, and has nothing to do with progress from czt.

I'd say dyno it before and after on a dynojet.
                          I plan on it before i can do an "after" dyno, I need to seal up the leaks and get it to idle. Idle is my big problem. Despite the rough outside of the IM, the inside runners are very smooth which is what matters.

unfortunatly, those people who ordered (i was sooooo close to being one of the original 20, thank god i wasnt) still have no prgress updates. I dont know the guy so I cant say anything about the 20 IMs. I can say that if they ever get them they will be very happy. It takes a little time and a little custom work, but its worth it.

Now, by affecting the smoothness of the ride, im talking about the powerband, if that makes sense. its kind of a constant sucking you into your seat feeling instead of just a short one on take off. at about 4000 rpms you definatly feel the take off. It takes less then three seconds to go from 60mph-80 mph in 4th gear.

5th gear was kind of wierd. I kinda felt like a power loss. Usually I can ride 5ht at 30 mph and feel power gain. When I switched over from 4th to 5th at 70 mph(about 3000 rpms), it felt like i wasnt gaining speed. I was, but not very quickly. it took about 2 seconds per 10mph until around 4300 rpms. Once I hit 4300 rpms, it kicked in....when it reached higher int he rpms I did a 100-140 mph in about 3 seconds. This power loss could easily be due to my leak. But I wanted to know how it felt for daily driving. Like I said, I cant idle, so driving is HARD....hopefully it will be fixed in a few hours

Comment

Nice review, Winter! Hopefully we'll see more of these in the future? Hoping anyway. Good luck with the idle.
                            redeemed
                            IndyProbes founder

Comment

Your problem most likely is the head to IM seal as you suspect. During the welding its real easy to warp the flanges. Off the two I built that was always my problem, getting it to idle. Even with liberal RTV its difficult to get a tight seal. One of my prblems was always getting the bolts tight because there is so little room. Good luck with it.
                              Adam Kirkpatrick
                              1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
                              2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
                              1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

Working...
                              X