• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August AC Awesomeness?

It's a working title.
    www.MyrtleMadness.net

Comment

Working? Hell, that IS the title... just add "to the max" at the end of it.
      Stephen Wilds #303
      PhotoPOC
      BMW 328i
      BMW Z4

Comment

Extreme August AC Awesomness to the Max?

I don't know if there would be enough space to make that T-shirt in anything less than XXL.
        www.MyrtleMadness.net

Comment

Atlantic City? I'm in. That's the little place right down the AC expressway iirc. No-Doz!
          1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
          228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
          ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

Originally posted by Rayman
            i went to HH a few yrs back, tho it was fun, i couldve done w/o the "sweating my balls off" and the "not being able to take a shower for 2-3 days"..

FYI: They have an awesome shower house now. And no, they aren't those bath houses you are used to in your new home town.

It really is much more hospitable now.
            Pat
            Dude. I'm old. Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by HowLeTT
              Atlantic City? I'm in. That's the little place right down the AC expressway iirc. No-Doz!
              Stay Alert.

Stay Awake.

Stay Alive.
              Greg Martin
              2009 BMW 328i
              2017 BMW X3
              1990 Probe LX

Comment

Not the right tires, but the left!
                www.MyrtleMadness.net

Comment

heh.

My buddy Josh, having just been startled awake - "It's a good thing they've got those rumble strips at the side of the road..."

Me, driving - "It's a good thing the car has two rows of tires..."
                  Greg Martin
                  2009 BMW 328i
                  2017 BMW X3
                  1990 Probe LX

Comment

the dragon isnt a road course. if your car is that unreliable than why still drive it? i drove 1800 miles and had no doubt in my mind that i'd make it.
                    93gt 230k dd.
                    1993 probe gt
                    96 pgt 135k dd
                    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...100_3918-1.jpg

Comment

AC is so very much FTW.
                      Matt Martin
                      2008 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Comment

Would anyone not in the Tri-State area have an interest in an AC meet?
                        www.MyrtleMadness.net

Comment

The dragon will be an option for some. Other than that PF is the greatest tourist attraction we have. Airports wont be a problem. Everything is readily available. We have been talking it over and we are going to give it a whirl. Even if it ends up just being a state meet or whatever. The more we talked about the better and better it sounded. So just a heads up to everyone that there will be a nov. PF meet. If you guys want to make it a PROBE thing then we can. It wont be a problem. If not, thats fine as well. But there will be one for any whom are interested.
                          "I come from a very big family, nine parents."

"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"

Comment

I'll be there for sure.

Now I have a good reason to beef up the suspension on my PGT. I've never driven my PGT on a road like the Dragon, should be a lot of fun.
                            Last edited by j-dogg; November 18, 2007, 04:52 PM.
                            PhotoPOC(tm)
                            MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
                            93' PGT not stock
                            91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

My opinion/thoughts if anyone cares

-Pigeon Forge
                              -its pretty central to the 3 most active groups(NEPO,FL,MI)
                              -far enough south to be held in "off peak times"
                              -little farther west to draw some new people
                              -its a big tourist area that with plenty of accomodations
                              -Spring or Fall of 2009
                              -let people take a break in '08 to relax and "honor" that Myrtle is over
                              -let people do the cruise thing next fall, doesnt interest me but its a great idea
                              - warm enough to be comfortable without being hot
                              -Free activity day Sat/Show Awards Sun
                              -nobody is trying to replicate Myrtle, just make another great event-lets do it a little different
                              -give people Sat to do as they wish, one option being a group trip to "the dragon"
                              -plenty of people dont hesitate to drive their cars hard at Hocking Hills
                              -show Sun open to Probes, MX-6s, 626s and MX-3s
                              -awards Sunday night at an appropriate place

Obviously there would be a lot of work to be done. If its held in '09 there is lot of time to do that work. Maybe it wont be as big as Myrtle, doesnt mean I wouldnt go. I just want a meet where we can get together, have fun, and show our cars in a format where they get respected. You're never going to please everyone. Thats just the way it its. If this meet happens it doesnt mean other meets people would like to have cant happen. I dont want to run this but I'd be willing to help if necessary. Thats my opinion right or wrong if anyone cares.
                              Adam Kirkpatrick
                              1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
                              2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
                              1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

Sounds great. The dragon will be a group cruise not a ball blazing speed run. I agree totally with having mx3's and 626's kinda have a couple sub catagories would be awesome. I want everything that involves a probe or mx6 to be included. That is something that I didnt like about MM. I think everyone should be welcome to show there car ... with some limitations of course.
                                "I come from a very big family, nine parents."

"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"

Comment

Working...
                                X