Clear All

• HOW TO: change that stupid slave cylinder

things your going to need:
    • 8 mm wrench
    • 10 mm wrench
    • 12 mm socket
    • rachet
    • jack
    • new slave cylinder (costs 36 and some change, unless you get a discount like me, then its $31.89*)
    • DOT 3 brake fluid (about 5 dollars, i got it for 3 with discount*)
    • container

*i love working at NTB, you get stuff for cheaper, and cheaper = better

ok now lets get started

since i dont want to edit the list this is the slave cylinder
    1. open the hood, and open up the clutch fluid reservior
    2. jack up the car, i jacked mine up on hte cross member closest to the drivers side....jackstands are optional
    3. spray down the brake line
      from the slave cylinder, wait a few mins....and then undo it with your trusty 10 mm. watch out because brake fluid will come out
    4. next using your 12 mm socket unscrew the 2 bolts holding hte slave clyinder onto the trannsmission bolt A
      bolt B
    5. my slave cylinder then just fell to the ground yours should too
    6. next put the new slave clyinder together, its easy put the rod into the whole, and put the rubber boot on
    7. put the new slave cylinder on with the 12 mm bolts, and screw in the brake line with the 10 mm. make sure the push rod lines up with the cupped thing on tranny
    8. tighten everything and its on YAY

finished

now dont get to excited, you may get into yoru car and push your foot on the clutch and what the hell you just fixed it, it wont come up! yea you gota bleed the clutch. heres how:
    • leave the car jacked up
    • pump the clutch a few times, and hold it
    • have someone, or put something heavy on the clutch to keep the clutch on the ground
    • under the car use an 8 mm to undo the bleeder screw
    • go back into car, and pump the clutch more, and keep undoing hte screw to release the air, and tightening it back up
    • do this until the clutch feels normal
    • lower car, and enjoy

it seems to me that after i changed the slave cylinder it shifts smoother, now this could be true, or it could be because im used to the mx6 adn this on shifts smoother anyway. i dont know which

you may wonder why you should change this...well in my case my car wouldnt drive, my clutch would sit on hte floor and not come up. i bleed the clutch twice, and each time it went to the floor. the boot was torn, and thats why i replaced it
    Last edited by nirvana7737; October 2, 2005, 07:15 PM.
    09 VW Rabbit
    89 Ford Probe GT sold
    03 Honda Shadow 750 Spirit

id say this needs to go to the archive...thanks for the help!

Comment

no problem, hopefully hte admins will find it archive/sticky worthy
      09 VW Rabbit
      89 Ford Probe GT sold
      03 Honda Shadow 750 Spirit

Comment

Working...
      X