• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Mazda RX-7

Mazda Sports Car Chief Says RX-7 will Return in 2017, Produce 295HP

Car Scoop

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IPT83ZKfRg...zda-RX-7-0.jpg
    '95 PGT, KLDE go boom, soon to be KLZE

"I knew daredevils and I ain't got nothin' against them, ........it's just they're all dead."

in 2017 focus's and mazda 3's will be making 295hp! with that said ill be glad to see it back, personally i think the RX8 was a bit of a disaster (visually).
    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

^^^ Re visual disaster, I didn't care for the styling of the RX-8 until I bought one. It grows on you for sure.

As to the new rotary engine Mazda is working on, it may be a quad-rotor, which would produce that kind of HP.
      2015 Dodge Charger SXT Rallye, JAZZZND , 40K
      JAZZZIN 1994 PGT, MTX, Black/Gray leather, 200K, KLZE, Magnaflow catback SOLD to Dan [Sac]
      JAZZZN8 (2008 Mazda RX-8 GT), JAZZZN6 (2013 and 2010 Mazda 6 s GTs), first BAPOC Prez James Creasy's JAZZZN2 (1994 PGT), the infamous GRPJUCE (1994 PGT) all sold
      born in MA, grew up in MI, live in CA, just kept moving west

Comment

no pictures no care haha. Did you see the porsche in the side column? damn thats hot.
        95 PGT ZE boosted so custom SOLD still dreamnt about
        05 Altima SE-R 6spd
        04 GSXR 600 PIC
        Stealth RT Twin turbo

Comment

rx8 didn't look good? idk sign me up for one of those limited spirit r's i'd rock the hell out of one
          1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
          1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
          2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
          2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
          2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

I like this, by 2017 I'll be done school and hopefully actually be able to afford one! They say it will be 'premium' product so Im not expecting it to be cheap at all..

As for that Porsche, that is amazing. Just a rendering but still what a beauty.
            1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
            Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
            1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
            2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

Already started a piggy bank for it

Originally posted by J-Spec GT View Post
              no pictures no care haha. Did you see the porsche in the side column? damn thats hot.
              Here you go.

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/r...smar/rx7-1.png
              1994 MX-6 RS -- RIP 1/30/2012
              1996 MX-6 M-Edition
              1993 RX-7 Grand Touring
              2010 Mazda3 Hatch Grand Touring

Comment

I threw up all over my keyboard when I saw the thread title. I'm excited!
                Currently: 1994 MX6 RS - KLZE. Too many mods.

1989 PGT - BLACK - Near perfect paint, body completely straight. 155,967 mi. Sitting in a garage since 2000. Bought for $600. Engine rebuild in progress. Coming soon to a kill story thread near you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZE Power MX6 View Post
                  Already started a piggy bank for it

Here you go.

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/r...smar/rx7-1.png
                  Eh... not crazy about the unnecessary fold line down the back. Front looks good, although it seems to be missing headlights? lol (those look more like the signal lights off the facelifted 3rd gens)

Comment

Everything from the a-pillars forward looks great everything behind that looks like ass lol
                    Last edited by plx92; November 9, 2012, 02:13 PM.
                    1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
                    1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
                    2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
                    2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
                    2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

Everyone's a critic....

The headlights of the future will be a lot smaller as the LED technology improves and HID will be phased out.
                      90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                      93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                      97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                      90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

looks kind of like my JDM Rx7/Probe C West bumper LMAO. Hopefully they make revisions to the body. Agree with the above post. It looks like the headlights are missing. Maybe it has flip up lights?
                        93 Probe GT
                        Its not a PROBLEM. It's a PROBE LUM

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d..._5571185_n.jpg

Comment

Look closer and you'll see a projector.
                          1994 MX-6 RS -- RIP 1/30/2012
                          1996 MX-6 M-Edition
                          1993 RX-7 Grand Touring
                          2010 Mazda3 Hatch Grand Touring

Comment

The front look amazing, the sides are alright, and the hatch/glass/rear end looks kind of odd. But Im sure it will get changed a hundred times over before 2017.
                            1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
                            Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
                            1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
                            2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

I'll be honest, it would be offensive to me if they change one thing about the styling of the 3rd gen. To me there is no car more beautiful. But the new engine in that body with some upgraded luxury items to match the market today and call it done.
                              1996 PGT atx...for now, Intake, exhaust, yonaka coilovers http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701306455...wrecked, put back to stock, Sold

1994 PGT MTX...http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701309068

Comment

Working...
                              X