Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read ppl claiming that MSP's COP have internal which I'd assume so as well.

They have 3 wires, have transformer and look like this :

Comment

MSP wasted spark coil have built-in ignitors.

Comment

Speed3.5 - What are you doing about your ABS? My plan was to leave the stock ECU in to control it and run the MS as a standalone for everything else. Do you know if this will work? Will the ECU look at wheel speed sensors when its not got any other signals coming in?
        KLDE-T Mazdaspeed Protege

Comment

Just added MS3X information, for those looking to run the MS3X on a Probe. This'll let you add sequential injection, six cylinder coil on plug, VRIS, fan, and A/C control, and still have enough I/O left over to add a progressive nitrous system or speed-based boost control.
          Last edited by Matt Cramer; October 7, 2010, 09:13 AM.
          Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
          My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

but the DIYPNP has all these sweet things
            1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
            1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

Any chance at a write up for us using MS1 v2.2?

Comment

Originally posted by frgt10one89 View Post
                Any chance at a write up for us using MS1 v2.2?
                This is not our preferred method of installing it since you would need to add a VR conditioner to use the crank trigger. It could be used with a '93-'94 distributor, or you could add a VR conditioner board.

I'll be glad to help anyone looking to set up a V2.2 on these cars, but it's unlikely to be added to the write-up on our website as I'd consider using a V2.2 for a new install a false economy.
                Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
                My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

Yeah I have a 2.2 left over from my se and would like to use it for my gt it's a 93 so what exactly do I have to do? We can do this thru pm if u would like

Comment

Let me know what mods it had for the SE and I'll go over what needs to be changed.
                    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Only mod is a USB board no spark mods it was fuel only

Comment

Matt, I am ready to do my coilpack from the mustang v6 EDIS6. I have the DIYPNP V1.1 with the latest firmware. It ran fine with the stock ignition until I burned it(stock internal coil pack) out. Switched to HEI+stock ecu for now. But ready to wire this edis6 in. Need step by step directions.
                        What I have:
                        36-1 Crank pulley off a Mazda 626 V6 98-'02
                        EDIS6 coilpack
                        3 BIP's already soldered to the board in their respective spots(S1,S2,S3)

Please provide me with step by step directions on tunerstudio settings, hardware mods if any for my diypnp board, how i can keep my stock tach and working, if any resistors needed on the coilpack rpm signal, etc. Any little detail at all will help. I'm tired of stock disty dying, and hei mod not working well with megasquirt.

Any help at this point is greatly appreciated by Matt or anyone else with a DIYPNP for the probe/mazda KL running coilpack setup.
                        1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                        1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

ok so after checking my board i have spark output set up on led17

i have read about the vr input circuit do i need to make one and a second trigger circuit or two vr circuits?

what pins do those connect to?

im assuming the circuit goes between the car harness and megasquirt. am i correct?

any mods for the spark out?

thanks for any help you can give

EDIT:looks like a zeal daughterboard has everything i need or is this overboard
                          Last edited by frgt10one89; December 12, 2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yellow2point0 View Post
                            Matt, I am ready to do my coilpack from the mustang v6 EDIS6. I have the DIYPNP V1.1 with the latest firmware. It ran fine with the stock ignition until I burned it(stock internal coil pack) out. Switched to HEI+stock ecu for now. But ready to wire this edis6 in. Need step by step directions.
                            What I have:
                            36-1 Crank pulley off a Mazda 626 V6 98-'02
                            EDIS6 coilpack
                            3 BIP's already soldered to the board in their respective spots(S1,S2,S3)

Please provide me with step by step directions on tunerstudio settings, hardware mods if any for my diypnp board, how i can keep my stock tach and working, if any resistors needed on the coilpack rpm signal, etc. Any little detail at all will help. I'm tired of stock disty dying, and hei mod not working well with megasquirt.

Any help at this point is greatly appreciated by Matt or anyone else with a DIYPNP for the probe/mazda KL running coilpack setup.
                            Ok, you won't need the 36-1 crank trigger unless you really want to put it on there. Here are the mods you will need.

1. Put a 100 ohm resistor in the R2 slot in the 5 volt position.

2. Solder on these jumpers.

3. Wire S1, S2, and S3 to the DB15 on the top row. Wire the DB15 to your coil pack. The spark outputs are S1 is spark A, S2 is spark B, and S3 is spark C.

4. Wire the Tach pin to the DB15 and from there to your dash tach.

5. Change the settings under Tach Input / Ignition Settings from Single Coil to Wasted Spark.

6. Set spark output to Going High/Inverted.

7. Enable tach output on the TACHOUT pin.

Originally posted by frgt10one89 View Post
                            ok so after checking my board i have spark output set up on led17

i have read about the vr input circuit do i need to make one and a second trigger circuit or two vr circuits?

what pins do those connect to?

im assuming the circuit goes between the car harness and megasquirt. am i correct?

any mods for the spark out?

thanks for any help you can give

EDIT:looks like a zeal daughterboard has everything i need or is this overboard
                            For the spark output, wire a 270 to 330 ohm resistor from the negative (top) lead of D17 to the right lead of R23. Then run a wire from the negative lead of D17 to your ignition module.

You will need a LM1815 or similar circuit to read the crank trigger. I would go with a Zeal Engineering Daughterboard for this; it would also give you some relay control circuits for the VRIS and fans. Remove the Hall / optical input circuit, bring VR1 in on the unbanded side of D5, and bring the Zeal board's VR output to the bottom end of R11.

For the second trigger:

1. Solder a 1K resistor-on-a-wire from a point where you can get the camshaft signal to pin 11 of the processor.

2. Connect a 470 ohm resistor from pin 11 of the processor to JP1 pin 8.

3. Connect a 0.1 uF capacitor from pin 11 of the processor to JP1 pin 7.
                            Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

thank you Much

Comment

does the mega squirt come with exact instructions on use anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X