Transmission disassembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission disassembly

Trying to open up my mtx (to check what may have come apart) and I can't easily separate the housing from the bell more than about 3/8 inch. Seems to be hanging up on the shift rod or something.. I pulled the roll pin out of the 5th fork, what else needs to be done? It's in neutral now, and I tried with it in third (I think) as well.
    '91 LX ATX: stock(ish), barn restoration R.I.P.
    '95 GT MTX: modded intake and exhaust, front strut bar, mirror-tinted rear windows, leather, sun roof. Way too much fun to drive! summer DD/play car
    '99 Subaru Outback Ltd MTX: Stuff hauler, winter DD
    '92 GL MTX SOLD.

You can try following this guide.
    https://mazda626.net/topic/40913-g-s...-and-lsd-swap/
    '94 Probe Originally 2.0L, MTX - Now KL-DE 2.5L, MTX
    KL-ZE Intake manifold, Custom 3" intake w/ velocity stack, OBX headers, Mandrel Exhausts Systems 2.25" w/ 18" resonator and Borla muffler
    Megasquirt 2, Wasted spark

Comment

Now that's a detailed how to
      '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
      '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

Make sure 5th gear on main and counter are off so its just two shaft sticking out. There is also a couple bolts around the trans that face inward that need to come completely out. I remember having one not out and it stopped me. You could also try wiggling it free if your sure no bolts are in it. Also, put the trans in neutral.
        2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Millenia KL swap, MSPNP (VAF delete, IAT mod, AEM Wideband, Coilpack), MFactory LSD w/ 3-4-5 gearset and 'Plate Mod' 626 trans, Aeromotive fuel system, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, GT35 turbo w/ custom 3" downpipe, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around w/ Cusco strut tower bar, custom made traction bars to frame rails, and lots more.

Comment

Working...
        X