Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PCM.. but still no spark and fuel pump still wont come on????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PCM.. but still no spark and fuel pump still wont come on????

ok iv got a 94 pgt..
    i got this car none runing was told it was a fuel pump..
    replaced the fuel pump and didnt work. i checked for relay problumes but thay seem to be working. pump will run if jumped in the dignostic box.
    i also have no spark.. i have put the HEI mod with the ACCEL coil in it as well
    and put a new PCM.. in it as well.. im going to check the crank sensor but i dont think thats the problum.. also tryed geting codes but it will not give me any.. could this be a grounding problum or wireing car had a new motor put in it. was told thay had it runing but im starting to think thay never got it runing.. is there any way to by pass this problum to get spark.
    would a msd 6 igntion work for this problum.
    if anyone can help plz contact me.
    other wise im going to have to put this car up for sale

Does the CEL even come on when you first tuen the key to run when al lthe lights on the dash come on?
    Dan- ASE certified-A1, A4, A5, A8
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit...
    R.I.P. Joe Mohr 10/3/06, Tom Major 2/17/08
    I dont do cars anymore, I have a type 03 FFL...

Comment

what do you mean by cell ?
      if you mean the engine light no it dont. only lights that come on are the
      abs / fuel cut off / air bag / and low fuel come on after like 10 sec or so.

Comment

Well pull out your gauge cluster and replace the bulb, if the F/P does run when you hae the pins jumped then that means the circuit relay is okay and its not starting for another reason. I'd imagine you do have codes and the bulb is burned out. (CEL = Check Engine Light)
        Last edited by drumer919; December 9, 2006, 03:06 PM.

Comment

ok i will go check the bulb and see what happens.

Comment

While you're at it, check to see if the PCM is getting +12V.
            The diagrams in this thread will help you find the +12V source for the PCM.
            KevinD
            1995 Sapphire Blue Mustang GT Convertible, 2006 Storm Red Metallic Mercedes-Benz CLK 350 Cabriolet, 2006 Dark Shadow Gray Ford F250 V10 Supercab 4x4, 2004 Perlite Gray Metallic Mercedes-Benz E320 4Matic, 2002 Burgundy Pearl Suzuki XL-7 Touring, 1971 Spring Green Jeep J4000 Gladiator, 1966 Signal Flare Red Ford Fairlane, to name a few...

Comment

ok iv got 12v on the 1A pin= keep alive
              nothing on the 1B pin= PCM power
              dos this sound right ?

ok i tryed testing it with the plug puged into the PCM and meter reads 12v on the 1A pin blue and red wire. 1B pin 1.886 of the red and black wire.
              Is the PCM power = pin 1B sould that have 12v going in to the PCM or should it be puting out 12v when the plug is pluged in?
              Last edited by SirNutzo; December 9, 2006, 01:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Comment

What happens if you supply 12V to pin 1B? I'd guess there is a relay that supplys power to the 1B pin on the PCM that is triggered by the key position that is bad, but I dont know if such a relay exists but to me, it sounds like that is whats going on.

Comment

will it burn out the PCM if i hook 12v to the 1B pin. my ? was is there supose to to 12v at the 1B pin ?

Comment

Based on this drawing, there should be +12V on Pin 1B. As you can see, this comes from the PCM Power Relay, which also supplies power to the Fuel Pump Relay. Since your Fuel Pump will run if jumpered (F/P to Gnd), then the PCM Power Relay is OK. However, S190 (a splice) may be bad, which will keep +12V from both the PCM & the Distributor. Try measuring power at C134 on the distributor (the same drawings as before will help you out).
                    KevinD
                    1995 Sapphire Blue Mustang GT Convertible, 2006 Storm Red Metallic Mercedes-Benz CLK 350 Cabriolet, 2006 Dark Shadow Gray Ford F250 V10 Supercab 4x4, 2004 Perlite Gray Metallic Mercedes-Benz E320 4Matic, 2002 Burgundy Pearl Suzuki XL-7 Touring, 1971 Spring Green Jeep J4000 Gladiator, 1966 Signal Flare Red Ford Fairlane, to name a few...

Comment

Since its now confirmed that pin 1B should have 12V I would go ahead and supply it with 12v just to see what happens, after you supply said voltage, check pin C134 at the disty, it should now also have 12V.

Comment

hay thank KevinD and drumer919 with the help.
                        i checked my 12v leads from the PCM and at the C134 and came up with nothing. so i ran a line from the bat.. back to the PCM and what do you know
                        check eng.. light now come on and iv got 12v at the disty now.
                        car sounds like it kinda wants to start now. going to change the plugs and see if that works. i have a carbon hood and water tends to get down on the motor through the vents in it.
                        ok well im going to run a few more checks and see if this work i will

thanks to every one that helped me out with this.

Comment

Working...
                        X