Official SCPOC Meet: Big Bear Cruise - June 18, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official SCPOC Meet: Big Bear Cruise - June 18, 2016

Ok. Sorry about the lack of a meet for May. I had some car work being done and I didn't know if it would be done in time for a meet before other things came up. Unfortunately, some things have already been scheduled for the end of the month, which means the normal cruise for May is being rescheduled for July.

With that said, the SCPOC meet for June will be a wonderful cruise to Big Bear Lake.

The meeting location for this cruise will be the following location:

McDonald's‎
    3230 Wagon Train Road
    CA 92371-4814

In case anyone is wondering, it's off I-15, at the base of the Cajon Pass at a Chevron station. Since it's at the junction of I-15 and SR-138, this would be a great route to travel. We'll head east on SR-138 and connect with SR-18, which is Rim of the World highway, and continue on into Big Bear. The meeting time will be at 10:00am! If you need to gas up, please do so before we leave. We'll try to leave at 10:30 at the latest.

We will stop for a meal here:

Maggio's Pizza‎
    42160 Big Bear Blvd
    Big Bear Lake, CA 92315

The food here is really pretty good reasonably priced. Click the link in the name to check out the menu. Depending upon what's going on in town that weekend, it could be busy, but we'll have some time to kick back and relax.

After we're done eating and hanging out, we will leave the parking lot, turning left onto Big Bear Blvd [SR-38]. We'll turn right onto Greenspot Blvd [SR-38] and follow it down out of the mountains, where it will become Mill Creek Rd/Mentone Blvd [SR-38], turn left onto Orange St [SR-38] and finally onto I-10 in Redlands.

REMINDER: SCPOC has some minor rules regarding driving habits while on club function drives. Safety is EXTREMELY important. The majority of the drive will be at a reasonable speed and a minimum safe following distance between cars will be enforced. The maximum speed limit on the route is fast enough; there will be NO excessive driving permitted.

What we would appreciate you bringing:
    • An FRS radio - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, we will establish the channel at the meet location
    • A good attitude, keeping driving safety in mind
    • An appetite for twisty roads

Here is an itinerary with turn-by-turn directions. Download it here.

Hope to see you there!
    ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Should be able to make this one!
    1989 Probe GT- 150,000 miles 20k on rebuilt with n/a pistons.
    Cone Filter, 2.5 aluminium inter-cooler pipes with modded stock intercooler with bigger inlet and outlet, 2.5 open downpipe.Probinator Chip and MBC @ 15psi.
    Tokiko Shocks with Coilover Sleeves.Sitting on BBS RS . Custom Front Lip

Comment

already planning on it here though i will be going to vegas around this time as well so i need to double check
      it is better to be a smart fella than a fart smella

Comment

it's next weekend!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I'll be there. Anyone else forsure going?
          1989 Probe GT- 150,000 miles 20k on rebuilt with n/a pistons.
          Cone Filter, 2.5 aluminium inter-cooler pipes with modded stock intercooler with bigger inlet and outlet, 2.5 open downpipe.Probinator Chip and MBC @ 15psi.
          Tokiko Shocks with Coilover Sleeves.Sitting on BBS RS . Custom Front Lip

Comment

i am. stacey may not be due to work. i have a friend coming as well.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

it's tomorrow!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

i'll be there, but not PGT.
                Jorge F.
                '95 PGT

Comment

Working...
                X