Mx3- millenia S swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93SEProbe View Post
    hmm on to research, thanks man been reading damkids build thread on the protege forums and wow. There has been some serious learning going on there. Major props to Damkid and Durwood!
    Side not how can you determine what can be removed from an ecu and not cause it to change the way the engine runs. (future projects) this is one of my biggest scares with ecu and wiring work it has stopped me on several wiring jobs already.
    All need is the wiring diagrams for the ecu. Splice in the ms wires for fuel and timing, and boom you're done! It doesn't care which ecu, as long as they control fuel and spark!!!
    93 silver PGT-T----> Turbo parted. Car sold as of 5/4/12

2009 Mazdaspeed3 GT--> Metro grey metallic, SRI, short shift plate.

Comment

ok heres what im stumped at. I did what the megamanual says not to do.(should have read that first) I learned what each part does. I have most of it pinned down. However Im still stumped on two things . What is a fidle valve? Also how come some engines, 2jz, 6g72 a few others Id have to install a trigger wheel? I understand why the probe guys do (Distributorless)
      1997 PGTS......Turbo, 3 inch exhaust,Ms1v3, Nitto555,lip, slammed adjustable supsension,Wideband, upgraded fuel, Lots of mods

Comment

BEEN a while, any updates?
        1993 MX3, KLZE & 5 Speed Swap
        2008 Mazda 3 Sedan Sport

Comment

I did a KJ engine in my RX8 and it is great. I initially Developed the KJ engine in a Probe. I removed the supercharger and turbocharged. I was able to run the the stock KJ ecu and pull data of of it while the Megasquirt sat there wait for the swap. So basically both ecu data then were overlaid and a base timing table was compiled. Lots of hours of point by point data were compared to form the MS timing table for the KJ miller cycle engine base off the stock KJ ecu. I later advanced the timing in the mid-rpm range and developed a notable torque increase.

20k mile later I swapped the KJ into my rx8, and engineered the shit out of the turbo system for fast spool and great transient response.
          Turbo'd by 2009...

Comment

Originally posted by dacycle2 View Post
            I did a KJ engine in my RX8 and it is great. I initially Developed the KJ engine in a Probe. I removed the supercharger and turbocharged. I was able to run the the stock KJ ecu and pull data of of it while the Megasquirt sat there wait for the swap. So basically both ecu data then were overlaid and a base timing table was compiled. Lots of hours of point by point data were compared to form the MS timing table for the KJ miller cycle engine base off the stock KJ ecu. I later advanced the timing in the mid-rpm range and developed a notable torque increase.

20k mile later I swapped the KJ into my rx8, and engineered the shit out of the turbo system for fast spool and great transient response.
            Bro... I never did get to see it run. Did you ever film it?? All I saw so far was the pictures of the build.
            DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
            94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

I will get some picture together and post soon, I promise. I have some block modification that I am experimenting on the oil system.
              Turbo'd by 2009...

Comment

Working...
              X