X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F2 FAQ

Originally posted by anomaly
    It makes me feel good that people can really use and learn from this thread (kinda like climbing the rope in gym class!). Really lets me know that the time spent researching, collecting, and compiling all this information was worth it!
    Dude it kicks ass! A fabulous reference.

2006 Nautical Blue Scion tC

1989 Metallic Midnight Garnet PGT --> Swiftus Maximus Swift no longer...

myspace/tjbartjr

Comment

Alright, I fixed most (if not all) of the probetalk links in this FAQ. I didn't realize that the old links wouldn't work after the server switch.

But they are fixed now and should work.

If you come across one that is for PT and doesn't work then here is what to do to get it to work.
      1. Click the link
      2. the site address will be something like this: http://www.probetalk.com/forums/...
      3. change the "www" to "forums"
      4. erase the "forums/" that is after the probetalk.com/
      5. hit go.
      Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
      1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
      "Let me hear you make decisions without your television."

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

You may want to remove the link for Kaotic. Apparently he's a poor businessman

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/sh...=5&o=2&fpart=1

Comment

that guy got his kit, they just couldn't afford to stay in business anymore do a search its been discussed before.

Comment

Understood, But the link still goes to a dead page.

Comment

Taken care of.

Really wasn't a big deal (as far as I'm concerned). Things change for people and that's what can happen.

Plus, I don't know what happened to the kaotic site. It used to be a dead end link.
              Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
              1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

Re: 1st Gen Probe/MX6 FAQ

Thanks to Racy-Stacey, I now have in my possession the full wiring diagram for the MSD 6A(L) system.

...but currently it is in pdf format (Adobe Acrobat). I'm planning on scanning (unless someone has a better method) the print so that I can link it directly here for all of you to use.

If you want a copy, post your email address here or PM me and I'll send it as an attachment.

-Your hardcore 1st gen moderator!
                Last edited by anomaly; March 10, 2004, 09:09 PM.
                Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

Re: 1st Gen Probe/MX6 FAQ

Thanks-Stacey for putting this pdf out there!

Comment

Here's one not covered: Openings in the firewall for running wires/gauges. I might be checking soon, so I'll keep everyone posted... but if anyone has info already, go for it.

This thread rocks.... Anomaly and Bryan usually save my butt
                    Never on PT.
                    '98 CSVT #3780.

Comment

There is a big rubber grommet on each side of the firewall that is excellent for running wires or hoses. I've got maybe 6 or 7 14 gauge wires going through the grommet on the driver's side and my nitrous line going through the grommet on the passenger side. Just take the bottom panels off the dash by the floor and start looking around with a light. You can cut up and straighten a wire coat hanger and poke it through the rubber to figure out where it comes out in the engine bay, and also to assist in pulling wires through them.
                      Barry
                      01 Saturn SL2 5-speed
                      Easy Way Electronics

Comment

There IS a passenger side one.... Hmm... I have the driver's side used for my 4ga amp wire. I need to squeeze another 16ga through that side, but this means I can run my timing control wires through the pass side. Sweet.
                        Never on PT.
                        '98 CSVT #3780.

Comment

Yup, definitely a passenger side hole in the floor panel available to use.

I've got my battery cable running through there.

Pin on the ball!
                          Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

Originally posted by anomaly
                            Pin on the ball!
                            ::The ball deflates::

OK, that was terrible. I love this thread.
                            Never on PT.
                            '98 CSVT #3780.

Comment

I can send you the image in other ways also Todd. I made the diagram in AutoCAd.. it basically shows people how to run the wiring hookup for a MSD unit in a 1st gen while retaining the stock ignition. So in the event you wanted to switch back and forth for testing etc. you could... Have fun guys..
                              Todd
                              Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
                              MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                              Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

Oh, I remember there was a supposed plug in the intake boot that could be removed for better flow. Anyone have fact/fiction?
                                Never on PT.
                                '98 CSVT #3780.

Comment

Working...
                                X