I'm back after 5 years!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back after 5 years!!

I just bought me a 1989 mazda 626 turbo hatchback with 185,xxx on 3.16.08.

I bought the car with a MBC, pacesetter catback,greddy BOV, zombie chip(15 psi) and a weapon R intake.

Tonight was my first at the track with a FWD turbo in about 5 years and coming from driving an AWD turbo for the past 2 years it is a big difference. Well i managed a 15.0 with a 2.218 60ft. I am having a problem with a slight lag and also i see my boost falling pretty rapidly as i get up in the rpm band down to about 11 psi. I think once i get the lag taken care of i will get down to the 14.5 range. More news to come...
    ESPOC RACING TEAM charles
    WITH SOME OF THE FASTEST FIRST GENS ON THE EAST COAST!!
    Mazdaspeed6 current mods
    CP forged pistons/carrillo rods/ARP head and main studs/DNP mani/GT3076 turbo/H&R coilovers/CPE 3" TBE/Ported intake mani/Standback ecu/custom 3" intake/FMIC etc... 12.28@112 1.68 60ft

1993 pgt/eibach springs/18' dritz/centerforce clutch/intake/ more later maybe..

Holy cow!!! Welcome back Charles you might not remember me but I sure do remember you. Good luck with the 626 man.

Comment

It was fun racing that 626 last night Charles.Thanks for letting me get a few runs in it.
      My 1st gens are slow.

Comment

man back from the grave...lol

good to see you back
        92 MX6 GT

1st Gens are like the lyrics of Crazy Bi$%H "You F#@% so good I'm on top of it!" Thats why we keep comming back for more!!

Comment

I used to know a charles . . .
          Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
          PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
          1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
          1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Hey Charles!! Glad to see you still are doing your thing! I don't know if you know this, but your suppose to keep getting faster, not slower.
            Unless it's true..the older you get the slower you get. Although that really hasn't applied to my situation. Nice to see your around buddy!!

Matt
            8.13@170mph BWS480 at 38psi Nitrous to spool only!
            Best 60ft 1.17 1100whp Best mph in 1/4 170mph
            1st RWD 2jz Powered Probe - FOYOTA POWER!!
            11.25@129mph Fastest Street legal FWD Probe 2004

Comment

MATT whats up man!!! Well i have a speed 6 with just intake and exhaust and rana 13.4 with a 1.71 60ft about 3 weeks ago. I am working on recovering my name once again on the board. I think i have a good platform in this car to do so. The car already came moded so that is alot less work for me!!

Hows that probe doing? are you in the 8's yet? every year you need to drop a sec LOL!!!

Ooops my bad i see you are ALREADY in the 8's!!! That think must haul azz!!!
              Last edited by charles; April 2, 2008, 08:04 AM.
              Mazdaspeed6 current mods
              CP forged pistons/carrillo rods/ARP head and main studs/DNP mani/GT3076 turbo/H&R coilovers/CPE 3" TBE/Ported intake mani/Standback ecu/custom 3" intake/FMIC etc... 12.28@112 1.68 60ft

Comment

Hey I remember you, I've taken much of a break these past 5 years or so myself (an RX-7 will do that to you), dropped back in this last week or so. Good luck on that sleeper!!
                1990 Ford Probe LX 3.0 V6 MTX [Cat-back, K&N, KYB, H&R]
                1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II MT [14.00@101 2.25 60ft, intake/exhaust on stock motor/turbo]
                First Gen Probe Performance Club (Since 1999)

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan Power View Post
                  Hey I remember you, I've taken much of a break these past 5 years or so myself (an RX-7 will do that to you), dropped back in this last week or so. Good luck on that sleeper!!
                  Thanks and i remember you as well. Remember the RAW POWER days!!! LOL

How many other old school guys remember me? By the way wut up to your all!!!
                  Mazdaspeed6 current mods

Comment

Holey crap, yeah I almost forgot about RAW POWER.
                    Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                    PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                    1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                    1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Welcome back.. 1st genners Rock!

Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
                      MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                      Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

Originally posted by Racy-Stacey View Post
                        Welcome back.. 1st genners Rock!

We always did stace!!!! thats why you own one lady..

Oh yeah the raw power days!!!! those were classic!!!!!

Welcome back once again Mr RX7 hybird man
                        92 MX6 GT

1st Gens are like the lyrics of Crazy Bi$%H "You F#@% so good I'm on top of it!" Thats why we keep comming back for more!!

Comment

A room a zoom zomm..

HEE HEE heh heh
                          Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
                          MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                          Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

Raw Power, yes, how could we forget. (my wallet still has not forgot)
                            1990 Ford Probe LX 3.0 V6 MTX [Cat-back, K&N, KYB, H&R]
                            1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II MT [14.00@101 2.25 60ft, intake/exhaust on stock motor/turbo]
                            First Gen Probe Performance Club (Since 1999)

Comment

I am thinking about making this 626 a project build.... just old times sake. I have to see what you guys have new on the market now since i have been gone for a while.
                              i want to find a short throw shifter because i have forgotten how long of a throw this car has!!!! I just bought my polyurathane endlink set and i will be installing them this weekend. Along with the sway bar bushings.

So here is a complete list of mods so far...

MBC..spikes 15 falls to about 12
                              test pipe
                              pacesetter catback with the shitty pacesetter muffler(soon to be deleted)
                              zombie chip
                              autometer 30lb boost/vac gauge
                              autometer air fuel gauge
                              test pipe

Best time so far is 15.0@93 with out the test pipe but it think she has more in her with that set up as i only made 2passes with the car so far since i have had her.

all this stuff came with the car except for the endlinks and sway bar bushings.

Next on the way will be:
                              springs (haven't desided on which ones yet)
                              sway bars maybe addco
                              full turbo back exhaust size not sure of yet
                              I am thinking about ressurecting the rx7 turbo again just for shits and giggles just to do a 13 with it and then move on... The car has 185,000 on the dial and it's compression numbers are 150,140,138,138 and is stands right now.

So a rebuild might be on the horizon but that will not happen til i blow it. Not i am talking to this company called CPE Custom Performance Engineering about a piggy back computer that will control timing and fuel amoust other things. That way i can fine tune the car. I think if this evolves it will be better than the HKS FCON with the GCC. But it has not been made so... Also i might get rid of the VAF. I know that the SDS does this now but i am going to try this way as i might be a little cheaper..
                              Mazdaspeed6 current mods

Comment

Working...
                              X