No announcement yet.

MSPNP On Demand: Help us make a MSPNP for '93-'95 Probe / MX6 V6 models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, the test car is still needed, it's just that the development process will be further along by the time it enters the picture than it could have been for a car we're less familiar with. We don't need it for determining how circuits in the stock ECU work or the like, but it will be needed for dyno tuning base maps (we're not going to distribute this with some random map we happened to find online) and final check-out and shakedown.
    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
    My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
      No, the test car is still needed, it's just that the development process will be further along by the time it enters the picture than it could have been for a car we're less familiar with. We don't need it for determining how circuits in the stock ECU work or the like, but it will be needed for dyno tuning base maps (we're not going to distribute this with some random map we happened to find online) and final check-out and shakedown.
      So how many more people do you still need to get it finalized.
      Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

Comment

The number of people needed to order hasn't changed; it's just a minor change to the timing of things. The other change is that '90-'92 F2T owners can also count towards the number of people needed to order.
        Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
        My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

Sorry to say,but I may be out,car needs a new engine,so this money might have to go to that now. I'll know shorty in the next week or so if I find a cheap enough engine.
          Last edited by shqs89gt; February 17, 2012, 07:25 PM.
          My 1st gens are slow.

Comment

So when do we expect these to ship out?
            1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

We don't have a firm release date, but probably sometime early April if there are no issues with the test cars. Maybe late March if things go really well.
              Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Early April woould be awesome!! I would get to start my car, inspect it, drive it and put it up for storage before my 9 month deployment coming up end of April. LoL

Now here's a question. Probably been asked and answered already. Will we have the option of having the unit come prewired for coilpacks?

Comment

Originally posted by JazRedGT View Post
                  Early April woould be awesome!! I would get to start my car, inspect it, drive it and put it up for storage before my 9 month deployment coming up end of April. LoL

Now here's a question. Probably been asked and answered already. Will we have the option of having the unit come prewired for coilpacks?
                  This would be nice of course it will be extra but like if there was an input to plug it in like an exstension cord to plug into a ford based coil pack with a ground wire to bolt on the one of the bolts to hold the coil pack down.
                  Last edited by richtq; February 20, 2012, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I wouldnt need all that. Just the 5 wires coming out of the MS would be fine with me. 3 for the coils, 1 for ground and 1 for the Tach output is cool with me. I can make my own plug from a random 4 conductor plug at a junkyard.

Comment

I wouldnt need all that. Just the 5 wires coming out of the MS would be fine with me. 3 for the coils, 1 for ground and 1 for the Tach output is cool with me. I can make my own plug from a random 4 conductor plug at a junkyard.
                      Or that would be fine too but dont you have to get another wiring harness for your car any luck on that.

Comment

Nope def no luck on it so far. Pick n Pull and Oceana had nothing to offer this weekend when I went out there. Hopefully I can come across something before I leave. Or else the cars getting stripped of all aftermarket parts and towed to the junkyard. I have no where to keep it for 9 months without an inspection sticker. =-(

Comment

You will want to ground the coils to the engine block or cylinder head, not the ECU, except for coils with a logic ground like LS1 coils or our IGN-1As. But all five wires you mentioned are standard equipment.
                          Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

What would I have to change to make it work on an 89 probe gt?
                            89pgt T3/T4
                            94pgt T3/T4

Comment

Originally posted by escot View Post
                              What would I have to change to make it work on an 89 probe gt?
                              you could make a patch harness, from 90gt male connector to 89gt female connector. just match the sensor to sensors
                              Everything in my signature and all that I post in the kills stories forum is BULLSHIT

Comment

Distributor is different right?
                                89pgt T3/T4
                                94pgt T3/T4

Comment

Working...
                                X