• Show
Clear All

yeah id for sure wanna race, gas isnt even too expennsive

Comment

ANOTHER thread revival!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Man View Post
        you walk up to her, poke her, and run
        lol almost sounds as fun as a music gangbang where when the music stops everyone grabs a woman till only ones left and she's rewarded with a bukkake!! lol sick humor i love it.

Comment

Originally posted by riithunder916 View Post
          ANOTHER thread revival!
          and another! wtf.
          93 PGTZE MTX .KSPORT Kontrol coilovers, AWR trailing arms/sway bar/adjustable endlinks, mx6 trans,Hotshot CAI,5Zigen 5ZR 17's, Test Pipe, 2.5 inch Magnaflow Catback, SSAC Headers,KL09 ecu w/KL31 chip for ZE, Shift Bushings, AC delete, AWR mounts front rear and side,RR Shift Stablizer bushing, 8 Ball shifter, Tenzo R's, PRD FSTB, Ebay RSTB, Harness Bar, Halogen Projectors(Sleepy Eyes) , 96 body styling,fresh paint.

Comment

god damn necroposters!
            Dave Kolenski
            2011 Ford Ranger 4x4 SPORT 4.0L Black/Black
            3.73's, Rancho suspension, Flowmaster exhaust, red pinstripe, bedmat.
            Future: 6 inch lift, 33 BFG's. Windshield visor, diamond plated bedrails.

Comment

Just a thought on this...I have talked to Dustin and Dado both (from Tekademics who put on several Cannonball Runs) and I always get emails about the runs...typically the buy-in for the event is 30k per car. Now granted most of that goes to charity, that is still a lot of money..that is the kind of money people like that have that can put together something like that.

That said..it would be fun, but there is no way older cars and non affluent people like 99% of PT could do this..
              John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
              '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
              '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
              '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

If someone made this happen the investment would be; A Valentine 1 radar/ laser detector, gas, and wear and tear. You wouldn't have to go all out all the time. I guess the winner would be the one who doesn't mind replacing his/ her engine at the end.
                I almost did the one through Nevada.
                MX-3 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, Grnd wires, rear batt, AWR MMs, torq brace, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, NRG Susp./ Nyloil bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar/ solid endlinks, Azenis, leather int, Alpine stereo & alrm, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster3, CF hood, FG hatch/ Lexan,

Comment

Originally posted by fowljesse View Post
                  If someone made this happen the investment would be; A Valentine 1 radar/ laser detector, gas, and wear and tear. You wouldn't have to go all out all the time. I guess the winner would be the one who doesn't mind replacing his/ her engine at the end.
                  I almost did the one through Nevada.
                  if the engine is maintained well, it wouldnt have any issues lasting through a rally run like this...

you are not floored all the time, & with traffic stops & such, you maybe will only get 5% of the whole run @ full speed...

otherwise if everything goes right averaging 90ish mph is nothing to a well running KL

ussually these low key independent gumball runs are simply just auto enthusiest cruises through point A-B with possible checkpoints...

the reason is because most poeple who want to do these runs run into numerous problems

1. money... alot of these smaller run events dont have the sponsorship needed to make it worthwhile & if they do, the fee just to run isnt worth the payout especially becasue the competition isnt always regulated fairly (corvettes vs pgts for example)... also the guys you see on TV doing these runs have alot of desposable $...
                  2. inconveniency... no one knows if they will be pulled over (these type of events do not get legally sanctioned so there is a ton of potential legal risk involved)
                  3. finding a serious enough group of drivers with proper cars for an event like this to go all out is not easy... everyone on a car forums wants to do this, but then reality steps in

these event are just really hard to pull off unless you have some serious financial backing/sponsorship to make something like this worthwhile for all contestants involved...
                  Last edited by driftwood; February 11, 2010, 10:15 AM.
                  05 Lotus Elise
                  95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

Even better then a cannonball run type event is a track event like we had back in the early 00's

MAS 01, 02 and 03.

We rented a track and ran it as much as you wanted for a whole day. Tons of people were exited about it and around 30 or so actually did the first year, second year was similar, maybe not quite as many, but by the 3rd year we only had about 10 people actually show up to race so that was the last year we had it.

I think most of the same concerns are what kept people from actually attending except you had no risk of tickets or legal issues.
                    95 Black Probe GT
                    Currently being parted out.

Comment

Even *I* drove all the way to Iowa for one of the MAS events, and it was excellent. I'd be willing to go 1200 miles or so.

As for Cannonball runs, one is doable, but more in a checkpoint way in that say you have 8 hours to cover the next 200 mile stage - that way you can choose the route, have fun, stay in groups, etc, but still hang out at the end.

We're not nearly close to being rich enough to afford lawyers and high-priced tickets. Besides - our cars are usually our lone source of automotive pride - if we get it towed, we're SOL. Some rich SOB who gets his Modena towed could care less if he has 3 911s and a few other exotics in the stable.
                      90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                      93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                      97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                      90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

What I really think would be cool is to see a Probe GT or SE on Tv's bullrun I think that really would be cool to see a Probe out there kicking the trash outta everyone else
                        I know the Probe would eat up the challenges like a 5 yr to and ice cream cone ..You guys gotta remember we have one tough car that can take anything you throw at it
                        https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...st.followers.9
                        If you live around Kansas check kcprobes.com Or MOPOC If you are in MO .

Comment

Originally posted by Manofthestreet View Post
                          What I really think would be cool is to see a Probe GT or SE on Tv's bullrun I think that really would be cool to see a Probe out there kicking the trash outta everyone else
                          I know the Probe would eat up the challenges like a 5 yr to and ice cream cone ..You guys gotta remember we have one tough car that can take anything you throw at it
                          Thats alittle untrue. Probes are great cars and are pretty reliable but once you start hammering them the tranny tends to go kaboom
                          95 GT Chameleon Beauty
                          http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps15cc5293.jpg

"Without Risk There Is No Reward"

Comment

Originally posted by Caffeine930 View Post
                            Thats alittle untrue. Probes are great cars and are pretty reliable but once you start hammering them the tranny tends to go kaboom
                            Well the way I see it you have to have it well built and have a tough tranny in there ..But your right Probe's are great cars and are more reliable then the weather man ...lol
                            https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...st.followers.9
                            If you live around Kansas check kcprobes.com Or MOPOC If you are in MO .

Comment

so what was all thins about gas prices being a 5 dollars down there in usa??

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

and it is true these cars are beast.
                              like my sig sais, drove into trees at 120KPH, and gess what he damage was??
                              a broken side mirror cover and mirror part (yes the motor was fine along with the housing)
                              the part that has "probe" on the back left bumper was broken
                              and 2 small unnoticable dents in the passenger rear quarterpanel
                              91 PLX- "my baby" light weight flywheel, cross drilled rotors, new clutch, K&N filter. (sadly its gone now.... )

94 PSE- my absolute piece of shit, no mods, no exhaust from the downpipe back.

Comment

and another thread necroposter. this is a 2 year old thread guys. how about a cannonball run into a fat greasy chick. mots should like that

Comment

Working...
                                X