No announcement yet.

Real CZT IM info? huh? impossible....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hicks, but long runners help na engines. you need to NOT look at hondas when looking at aftermarket im's. im not sure what you are looking at, but for every real car out there, the IMs hhave longer runners (that I have seen).

actually, hondas as well. My friend has some jspec engine crap in his integra, and his runners are longer as well. im not breaking out the math, but in short, long runners jam more air into the cylinders.

there is no need to go into this discussion, its on my car. dynos later this week. i wont be able to scan them, i dont have a scanner, but i can read them. :0)

Comment

Originally posted by Winter.Raven
      dynos later this week. i wont be able to scan them, i dont have a scanner, but i can read them. :0)
      Don't have a camera either? I'd just take a picture of them.

Comment

Originally posted by snailman153624
        I can tell by looking at the pics that it's a piece of crap with little "design" put into it besides "make it fit."
        Your ignorance is killin' me! Bwaahaaaa!! "I can tell by looking at it"??????? How the **** can you tell by looking at it and know info like cross section, laminar flow, velocity, turbulence, etc, and then say "It's a poor design"?!? You act like you're the god of engineering or something, so let's see your ideas on a better manifold. Wait....I can already tell it's gonna be a huge POS.....just....because I can.
        redeemed
        IndyProbes founder

Comment

I value your opinion about as much as that of a brick. I take that back, you deserve more credit than that. A box of bricks. A really crappy box at that.
          '96 MX-6 LS V6 M/T KL-ZE / '93 MX-6 LS V6 A/T [R.I.P.]
          '93 MX-6 LS V6 M/T KL-ZE [R.I.P.] / '94 Mazda 626 LS V6 M/T [R.I.P.]
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/snailman153624

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT WORKING!

Comment

so is this STL kurts old czt mani? i saw his installed well over a year ago, and know his was the original proto-type
            PaTricK
            ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Originally posted by snailman153624
              I value your opinion about as much as that of a brick. I take that back, you deserve more credit than that. A box of bricks. A really crappy box at that.
              Thanks

Small favor to ask. I've got this scratch off lottery ticket. Can you tell me which one to remove?
              I mean....just by looking at it, that is. I figured since you're good with intakes & bricks.

edit--Nevermind...I guess we'll agree to disagree?
              Last edited by Jeff L; June 20, 2005, 03:50 AM.
              redeemed
              IndyProbes founder

Comment

Originally posted by Winter.Raven
                It takes less then three seconds to go from 60mph-80 mph in 4th gear.
                I can't begin to explain how impossible that is, even with 300hp
                1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
                2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Originally posted by spada
                  I can't begin to explain how impossible that is, even with 300hp
                  I think you are forgetting that the CZT manifold can do anything!
                  Stephen Wilds #303
                  PhotoPOC
                  BMW 328i
                  BMW Z4

Comment

hehe i just read the whole post cos i love the idea of an extra 20hp it seem nobody can wait for a dyno, and even when we get the dyno im sure there will be those of us who will say its bulls**t etc. i say thanks for letting us know (once and for all) that it makes power and for those who dislike the idea please keep your opinion on a topic basis, hearing everyones idea's are great but i think we need a seperate forum called "bitching" so people can complain about each other there and leave it out of posts like this.

my .02c (0.15c US cos im from Australia)
                    steven
                    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Winter.Raven,
                      I have seen the intake mani, before it was shipped to you. I would take it down to your local machine shop and have them mill the bottom of the flanges where they meet up with the gasket surface to seal to the heads.

Like somebody said, in the welding process, these do warp.

If you do that, you wont need the RTV, period....besieds, it will give out on you over time anyway, so fix this once, and be done with it!

I am glad it screams for you, that is awsome!

Comment

Runner length changes the characteristics of the motor at a certain RPM. Neither longer nor shorter runners are "superior" without knowing the rest of the combination.

For high RPM power, you want shorter runners because of a shorter resonance cycle and greater flow requirements. For lower RPM power and higher torque, you want longer runners which match the longer cycle and produce greater intake charge velocity for a more pronounced ram effect (at the expense of high speed flow).

Anyone here remember the old V6 SHO's intake manifold? It's the most obvious example I can think of that uses both. At low speeds, the engine breathed solely through the long cross-over style runners. At high speed (RPMs), a butterfly valve opened on the short runners and second intake valve came online (with a pretty nice kick in the seat ~4200 rpms).

Lots of other cars use this same principle (like DOHC Cobras), but their intake setup isn't as visible as the V6 SHO's was, and very few use a second intake port to the second valve the way the Yamaha motor in the SHO did.
                        Last edited by FMOS Racing; June 20, 2005, 06:58 AM.

Comment

I wish I had a dyno in my pants too
                          I'll wait for the actual results with my bitchin'...
                          Anybody tried individual TB's yet ? It would look cool.
                          Good work you guys.
                          2007 Cobalt SS/SC
                          1994 GT, MX3 FW, Stage II CM, Borla, headers, STS

Comment

i still wanna see this 3 sec 100 to 140mph.... watchign mischief invasion today... even a turbo m3 pushing 450 hp to the wheels gutted.. didnt climb that fast.

Comment

It takes my ~1400+ rwhp truck 3.4 seconds to go from 112 to 145
                              Last edited by FMOS Racing; June 20, 2005, 07:10 AM.

Comment

100-140 in 3 sec.

Ok stall him out Devo.<---- From the movie Friday. Maybe he excited and think his car is extra fast. Winter my friend go get on the dyno right now. this thread is pointless with out dyno numbers. But glad you got something from what i hear about these manifolds.

Comment

Working...
                                X