Looking for high compression pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for high compression pistons

Am rebuilding my KLZE at present but am have problems trying to source pistons. I want to retain at least the 10.1:1 compression or higher.. Anyone find a source for these pistons...

Will the ROSS/Wiseco Forged 10.1:1 pistons that Import Performance sell suit the KLZE?

Comment

They def would....but if you really wanted performance why wouldnt you go with 11to 1? pick up a little hp and kill ferraris on the track...lol...
      mods: Custom intake manifold, Water to Air Intercooler, jands safeguard, pacesetter headers, borlacatback, EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER,millenia s injectors, megasquirt, mx3 fly,ngk wires, Built engine with ze heads and cams,electric exhaust cutout, methanol injection, quaife lsd, and 9-10 psi.
      Old 160k mile engine dyno result: 245whp 227 ftlbs tq best de 1/4: 13.80 at 103.28mph with a 60' of 2.170 on 6psi. GONNA BE QUICKER SOON!

Comment

I would love 11:1 or even 11.5:1 but can't seem to find a supplier for these...
        I have two options.. High compression pistons, race cams & throttle bodies or Rotrex supercharger.. Similar cost but very different results.. I am a NA fan but like the near NA type of performance of the Rotrex...

Comment

all you have to do is call ipp and have them contact wiseco....they could make you 11:1:1 pistons....
          mods: Custom intake manifold, Water to Air Intercooler, jands safeguard, pacesetter headers, borlacatback, EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER,millenia s injectors, megasquirt, mx3 fly,ngk wires, Built engine with ze heads and cams,electric exhaust cutout, methanol injection, quaife lsd, and 9-10 psi.
          Old 160k mile engine dyno result: 245whp 227 ftlbs tq best de 1/4: 13.80 at 103.28mph with a 60' of 2.170 on 6psi. GONNA BE QUICKER SOON!

Comment

Just looked at the small print, these pistons are dished and as such are less efficient... Damn...

Comment

Diamond pistons offer a flat top 10:1

I ran the bulk buy on these and as such, I still get the bulk buy price from them.
              DE/ZE Hybrid 189 WHP 165 WTQ <--- SPUN #6
              Motor #3 184 WHP 159 WTQ pulled from junkyard... DE PISTONS/HEADS 125,000 miles
              BACK TO MOTOR #1 REBUILT, NO NUMBERS YET

Comment

That sounds interesting but does it not also mean I would have to try and source Millenia S rods to go with them?

Comment

sourcing those rods isnt really as hard as everyone believes.....look in salvage yards and you are sure to come up with some millenia s junkers....

Comment

I would suggest getting the s rods anyway... why not build it to withstand more power? You may decide to rev it to 10k as some other all motor builders have done.
                    DE/ZE Hybrid 189 WHP 165 WTQ <--- SPUN #6
                    Motor #3 184 WHP 159 WTQ pulled from junkyard... DE PISTONS/HEADS 125,000 miles
                    BACK TO MOTOR #1 REBUILT, NO NUMBERS YET

Comment

Might be a plan if I can get my hands on some rods.. The Millenia S(Xedos 9) car was not popular over here, so may have huge hassle tyring to find a set of rods..

Comment

Stock replacement KLZE pistons acceptable? Doing a quick Google search I saw them for $240/ set....flat top 10:1 for a very cheap price.
                        Blk 94 PGT, with not nearly enough stuff on it.

Comment

Hi, The only results I got from a Google search is Corksport.. However it takes 2-3 weeks to get a reply from them which doesn't give me confidence to order parts from them..

Comment

call weisco they will make you a custom set of pistons. I just had mine made 10:1 compression and 0.060 oversized 86mm alot better 9.2:1 and 84.5mm takes about 7 weeks and should cost you around 1200 CDN/USD for the fored pistons. Also I would recomend getting the Pauter rods that are made for our cars they look amazing and can defiately handle anything that you can throw at them they cost about 1100CDN/USD.
                            1993 GT faded red KLZE, clutchmasters stage 1, pheno spacers, pacesetter headers, AWR engine mounts, 2.5" exaust cat back, unknown cold air intake, HEI ignitor w/ external spark tower. ADR 17" rims, sleepy eye conversion w/ projector headlights & high beams
                            1993 GT black 2.6L Custom forged bottom end with high reving heads and few other surprises coming summer 2008

Comment

Working...
                            X