Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Photography, Video, Photoshop > Probe Pic & Video Post

Probe Pic & Video Post Post your PROBE-RELATED pics and Videos here!

Old April 14th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #1
AllOfTheProbes

My Probe Build Thread

Here is my Probe. I picked it up for $1000 with 75k miles on it. It needs some work, but over the summer I am going to work on it. My goal is to have something that I can take to the Metro Cruise. Me and my best friend are going to build this car to be something really fun. The first thing I want to do is give it some TLC. The previous owner abused the crap out of it, and I just want to get it as nice looking as I can.

(More pics to come. It was snowing hard today, so I didn't get very many)
AllOfTheProbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 11:56 PM   #2
Jollywonker
Slow Learner

Good luck on your new pride and joy.
Jollywonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 05:14 AM   #3
BradsPGT
Donating Member

Nice looking PGT. The paint actually looks like its in pretty good shape and not all faded/pealing like a lot of the red PGTs do after this amount of time.

With the back bumper, if you don't want to replace it you could probably just cut it so it looks almost like its made that way - just bring the back along a gentle slope to meet the under-side of the bumper. That way it wouldn't look broken unless you really knew what you were looking at.

I feel your pain on the snow.. We just got hit with a few inches over night too. Mid April and it looks like Christmas
2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing
BradsPGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 05:29 AM   #4
ScottD961
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradsPGT View Post
Nice looking PGT. The paint actually looks like its in pretty good shape and not all faded/pealing like a lot of the red PGTs do after this amount of time.

With the back bumper, if you don't want to replace it you could probably just cut it so it looks almost like its made that way - just bring the back along a gentle slope to meet the under-side of the bumper. That way it wouldn't look broken unless you really knew what you were looking at.

I feel your pain on the snow.. We just got hit with a few inches over night too. Mid April and it looks like Christmas
Thats why I left mine in storage. Snow was in the forecast and you had said you were gonna get some. That stinks. It has been cold and rainy here for two solid days though so I feel your pain

AllOfTheProbes 1st: Welcome to
2nd: You got a great buy on that, car does look very nice. Some Tlc and and it will be ready for cruising in the nice weather........................................... .................................................. .......................................you know, if the NICE weather ever arrives
ScottD961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 08:46 AM   #5
AllOfTheProbes

Thanks everyone!! Mechanically, this thing is almost perfect. It needs quite a bit of cosmetic work though. The paint has a lot of chips and the paint is faded on the rear spoiler and trunk area. I think the previous owner did it himself though because it looks like there is hair in the paint on the hood.
Old April 15th, 2014, 08:50 AM   #6
ScottD961
Donating Member

Wash the car real carefully. Then use Meguiars Clay on it. Then wax. You will be amazed. Oh and don't forget to Clay the glass as well
Old April 15th, 2014, 10:26 AM   #7
AllOfTheProbes

I will. The first thing I have to do is remove the window tint. It is full of air bubbles and I can't see anything out my rear window.
Old April 15th, 2014, 10:50 AM   #8
ScottD961
Donating Member

Absolutely. Get that crap off of there and then do the wash/clay/wax thing. It makes a big difference.Then clean up the inside. It will make the car look better and it will make you feel like doing more to it.
Old April 15th, 2014, 01:43 PM   #9
AllOfTheProbes

Yep!! I am going to try and buy some stuff soon. I am just going to baby this thing a lot.
Old April 15th, 2014, 01:58 PM   #10
yellowrob
Donating User

It looks like you can hunt your backyard.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Oh schnikes your in mich. Nice plate by the way.
Old April 15th, 2014, 03:04 PM   #11
AllOfTheProbes

Yeah we have 4 acres, and yes I am. I just took this thing for a spin. I love this car so much. Everybody on the road hates it because I am a kid with a red sports car, but I love this thing.
Old April 15th, 2014, 03:24 PM   #12
AllOfTheProbes

(more pics coming in a bit )
Old April 15th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #13
ScottD961
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOfTheProbes View Post
Everybody on the road hates it because I am a kid with a red sports car, but I love this thing.
Yeah another red zippy car ! LOL but they are sooooooo fun. keep us posted with your progress.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOfTheProbes View Post
I love this car so much.
We love ours too
Old April 15th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #14
AllOfTheProbes

NEW PICTURES!!!

Well, like I said, the interior needs work. Also, the wires in the trunk are for subs and I sound system. I got this thing with an amazing audio system, but the rest of the interior is pretty bad. Also, that huge crack is in the top of the dash.

That windshield cleaner thing on the left isn't hooked up to anything and just rattles around. Every time I close the hood, it pops out.

Here is an example of the horrible paint job the previous owner did. I don't know what that is if it is hair or pine needles or what.

Here is my first mission. Get that horrible window tint off. I can't see a thing out of my rear windshield. Also, you can see the only place where the paint is super messed up.

Here is the other side. It isn't as pretty, and I drove it down a dirt road before taking this picture.

Last edited by AllOfTheProbes; April 15th, 2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old April 15th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #15
AllOfTheProbes

Just for fun, a picture with the lights up.

A few engine pics. I don't know what the green is about, but I will probably paint that black.
So, there it is. Next, I need to start working on it and getting it into as good of shape as I can.
Old April 15th, 2014, 06:16 PM   #16
ScottD961
Donating Member

I think you got your self a pretty good deal. Don't stress over the paint, wash/Clay/wax. trust me on this. Then clean up the interior. I think if you can find those bucket seats somewhere you can buy the passenger seat and swap the bottom parts around so you can use it in place of your torn up driver seat. Any one care to chime in here on this? Or you can have it reupholstered somewhere.Engine compartment is gonna take some elbow grease but all in all you got a nice car here and hey, you are one step ahead already, it came with some sweet looking wheels on it ! Put some Tire Wet on those tires and it will look great.
Old April 15th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #17
BradsPGT
Donating Member

The paint almost looks like 'crows feet' which is from contamination when laying the paint. My buddys car had the same thing and the body shop said it was from contaminants causing the paint to not adhere properly to the primer. Could be that the previous owner just did a quick and dirty paint job on the hood and that was the result over the years.

The driver seats in these things is always ripped, mine was too when I bought it. I think Scott is right, you can buy a passenger seat and swap it over to be driver or just find a nice driver seat and put it in. Theyre generally pretty cheap.

Your hardest thing will be finding the side skirts for the doors/fender, theyre a pain to get off without breaking tabs unless you really know what you're doing or use the writeup on here. It took me quiet a while to get my skirts of the parts car but its definitely doable.
2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing
BradsPGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 06:34 PM   #18
AllOfTheProbes

Yeah, that is going to be the hardest part. It came with the side skirts and door trim, but they were cracked pretty badly. How are the interiors held together also? Mine is screwed in with very rusty screws. The bumper also has screws in it. I think I might just need a new rear bumper. I want to repaint it though. I am very OCD about this sort of thing lol. My last truck I wanted to get the clear coat redone because it had a ton of little scratches that you could barely see. I am happy that I did get some nice rims and a sound system though. Those would have been the first things I would have replaced on any car and the fact that this came with them makes my job easier.
Old April 16th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #19
B-Ball
Donating User

I have a pair of mint seats, no rips I can sell you. All four. Came out a 94 so they are the harder material, gray. Lumbar and bolster work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 03:12 PM   #20
AllOfTheProbes

Well, I am short on cash right now, and I am more worried about the panels on the doors and the side skirts right now. Thanks though!!
Old April 16th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #21
Bergz0
Supercharged Member

Not a bad pick up man. I have a gray 93 dash I'm good shape of your interested
Bergz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #22
filip_pine

my opinion is that you pay alot of money for that car buddy, the condition of the car is (((

for me, i would have said something about 500 bucks as much...

i´m waiting to see your finished product though

good luck and cheers
filip_pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #23
AllOfTheProbes

I might pick up some much needed parts soon. I am trying to sell a stereo and speakers, and when I have the money, I am probably buying a lot of interior parts and a few exterior parts. The best part is that it is only going to cost me $50.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

This weekend I am going to do some serious cleaning and touching it up as much as I can.
Old April 20th, 2014, 09:25 AM   #24
Phat '93PGT
Five Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD961 View Post
I think if you can find those bucket seats somewhere you can buy the passenger seat and swap the bottom parts around so you can use it in place of your torn up driver seat.
u sure?
i have a spare black interior in my parts car but the drivers seat is in the same condition.
if i can swap parts, that be awesome.

to the OP, nice looking pgt u have there. lots of potential. just take your time and do it right and it will turn out great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Phat '93PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #25
AllOfTheProbes

I got most of the window tint off. I might clean the engine up a little bit and make it look nicer. I am also probably going to take each of the rims off and clean them as well.