Probe Addiction STS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Addiction STS

I just got a STS from Probe Addiction and just wanted to see if I'm missing something. I'm doing a ATX to MTX swap and installed the shifter during the swap. Now when I put the car in gear it has a lot of side to side play. I actually thought I was in neutral and was in 3rd gear. I didn't have a stock shifter to pull parts off of and the STS didn't come with bushings so I had to make them up. Also, when I lift on the shifter its self it will move up and down within it's housing. Is this normal or am I missing something?
    1993 Probe GT, in the family since 1995.

i think you def missin somthing
    “The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.” ~ Elie Wiesel

Comment

Yeah, I've determined that I'm missing the snap ring on the top of the shifter and I'm trying to find some bushings to.

Been to the Ford dealership and the parts are obsolete and to the junk yards and all they have are ATX's--does anyone have an old shifter laying around?
      1993 Probe GT, in the family since 1995.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmanduo
        i think you def missin somthing
        ^lol!!
        the side to side play is normal for our car from wut i know but if it's too much u can get bushing which are installed under the sts. About ur second problem im thinking ur missing one of the rings from the sts, it probably fell off just like mine

gluck
        Last edited by MoLoToV; August 22, 2007, 11:11 AM.
        94 PGT
        CAI, headers, JJ Resonated Test pipe, Borla exhaust, STS, Illuminas, Eibach, SS Brake lines,Hawk pads.
        SOLD!

Comment

does the PA STS come with a shift knob?
          1994 PGT -Stock Before and After
          1995 PGT - I/H/E Before

Comment

Working...
          X