Stock Subwoofer Wire Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Subwoofer Wire Colors

Okay, here goes. These are the three wires coming from the main amp to the sub amp ('94 shop manual):
    GN/R Amplifier mute
    GN/BK Subwoofer output (-)
    GN Subwoofer output (+)

Barry
    Registered Probetalk Member #392.
    Co-founder of ALPOC. Formerly had '93 Rio Red GT, PRD STS-99, Bosch H4 lamps, Borla, Pilot 1055-c driving lamps. IT'S CRUNCHY!
    '93 Teal PGT. '94 black PSE. '91 PLX, 300k+ miles.

I was thinking about this and decided to look it up.
    • The "Hot at all times" wires are BL/R from the interior fuse junction panel until a plug and socket just before the sub amp (It's one wire until a certain point and then two extra wires are spliced in). Then they become GN/W between the plug and sub amp.
    • The three ground wires are BK coming from the sub amp but at the same plug/socket they become BK/PK after which they merge (somewhere) into one wire.
    • We already know the three little wires previously discussed.
    • The remaining two wires GN/Y and GN/BL (later BL/W(-) and BL (+) respectively) are the speaker wires.
    • Therefore I'm guessing that the amplifier Mute wire is the on/off signal wire.

Since I've had the wiring loom from the kick panels all the way back completely untaped I can verify all those wires above. BTW, that was a huge mistake I'll never repeat. What a pain!
    Cheers, Barry

***EDIT*** I've just added which is positive and negative coming from the sub amp. 07-30-04
    Last edited by BarryG; July 30, 2004, 08:35 PM.
    Registered Probetalk Member #392.
    Co-founder of ALPOC. Formerly had '93 Rio Red GT, PRD STS-99, Bosch H4 lamps, Borla, Pilot 1055-c driving lamps. IT'S CRUNCHY!
    '93 Teal PGT. '94 black PSE. '91 PLX, 300k+ miles.

Comment

Working...
    X