Help, My tail lights, dash lights, and park lights dont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, My tail lights, dash lights, and park lights dont work

I have a 97 probe that I receantly purchased. The only lights that are come on when I turn on my lights is the head lights.

The tail lights, park lights, fog lights, and dash lights are not working. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem?

damn bro sorry totell you but you probably fried a ground wire somehow and it melted with other ones . This hapened to me when I was installing neons and extracting power from the lighter. and through my carelesnes i conected the ground with the power suply for only a few seconds and the ground wire burned all the way to the main harness and then i realized that my dash or tail end lights didn't work. i had to take the radio and ac console out and follow the wire all the way back and replace.
    Took about 3 hours. GOOD LUCK
    Samo sloga brate, a i pare, picke i kola castimi.

Comment

mayb u should try checking all the fuses the cover over the fuse case inside yer car and under your hood both have a diagram telling u what fuse does what check the brake lioghts or check all the fuses make sure there not blown
      Oni-Roh

PGT deep

fekin fast probe

Comment

Could be condensation getting into the light sockets.

Comment

i had this problem before. i remember it was a fuse. dont remember where though.

Comment

its fuse number 11 i believe, but hey if i'm having that problem but it keeps blowing the fuses when i replace them and i've tried putting in bigger amped ones and they blow too is it a bad ground connection?

Comment

man see all my shit work except my gauge lights...i'm stuck on that one

Comment

Originally posted by punkerx86
                its fuse number 11 i believe, but hey if i'm having that problem but it keeps blowing the fuses when i replace them and i've tried putting in bigger amped ones and they blow too is it a bad ground connection?
                Fuses blow when excess current is running through them, meaning that one of the wires is shorting to ground. Not fun stuff, as it involves tracing the wiring through the car, looking for wires with broken insulation.... DO NOT put a higher rating fuse in there, or anything else to replace the fuse, as that is a textbook way to start a fire.

To the original poster, your problem is a fuse. All those lights are operated off the same fuse. I can't remember which one, unfortunately, and I don't want to dig up my owners manual to find out
                Kevin B - Former Probe-owner
                06 Legacy GT
                98 Legacy GT

Comment

I got them to work. I had a wire off at the switch in the turnsignal.

Comment

Working...
                  X