• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bueller? Bueller?
    Jay McKoskey
    2.5 KL ---> Miata

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback! I will update soon and address the questions. In short the car is running again, I love that KL sound, unfortunately I've ran out of money to put it on the road. Back at uni again and fees have devoured my bank balance. I've a good few photos etc to update though
      MX-3 DETurbo, 291BHP @ .6bar, MSnS-coilpacks, millenia IM, MFactory LSD, light DIY P&P, Kl01cams, Fidanza, ExedyPP, ACT 6puck, 5 stud SSR TypeC, XYZ coilovers, wire tuck... the list goes on

Comment

It's road legal at last! Emissions passed.

Recently upgraded to aluminium rad with a thicker core. Fighting some overheating. Might have to put the rad in front of the intercooler to prioritise it. May also reinstate one of the original oil coolers to help control temps. Getting up to 110deg and having to pull over, not ideal. Thermostat is brand new OEM. Not sure why I'm struggling to maintain sensible temps when the mx3 KLDET ran with a rad half the thickness. Airflow is quite minimal I suppose.

Excuse the photos with a loose intercooler as I just popped the rad in to test it without boost. You can see how short the KL is, which was handy for not having to move the steering rack, you could almost fit another one I'm liking the grandis COPs, much cleaner, only running in wasted spark but got tired of HT leads (credit to Sanjay Koolkid Green who worked out they fit a KL) Though I ended up notching my valve cover to get them how I wanted them.

Plans now include:
        swap rad and intercooler round
        buy another rad fan
        wrap the downpipe
        reinstate oil cooler
        battery relocation
        maybe 99 spec front bumper
        Last edited by marcdh; October 7, 2017, 11:41 AM.
        MX-3 DETurbo, 291BHP @ .6bar, MSnS-coilpacks, millenia IM, MFactory LSD, light DIY P&P, Kl01cams, Fidanza, ExedyPP, ACT 6puck, 5 stud SSR TypeC, XYZ coilovers, wire tuck... the list goes on

Comment

Bad ass!!!
          PhotoPOC(tm)
          MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
          93' PGT not stock
          91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Originally posted by marcdh View Post
            ...I'm liking the grandis COPs, much cleaner, only running in wasted spark but got tired of HT leads (credit to Sanjay Koolkid Green who worked out they fit a KL)...
            AWESOME work! More info on the coils please?
            Success is a measure of determination!
            Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
            $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
            Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
            Restoration of a legend

Comment

This is so sick... god I wish RX7's weren't like $15k for a piece of shit, right now.
              Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
              Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
              Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
              The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

Looks great!
                2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Awesome project. I love the white with those gray wheels. What's the weight difference from the rotary?
                  1996 GT Laser Red

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback! I will update soon and address the questions. In short the car is running again, I love that KL sound, unfortunately I've ran out of money to put it on the road. Back at uni again and fees have devoured my bank balance. I've a good few photos etc to update though
                    PM Sent. Please let me know.

Thanks.
                    The thing is, it’s a gearbox, okay? It has one job to do! One job! Pull the lever… ‘Am I a pencil? Am I a cauliflower? Am I a nuclear power sta– I’m a gearbox! Oh, heavens, I’m gonna swap some cogs around!’

Jeremy Clarkson on Automatics

Comment

Diamond Fk0278 coil on plug.
                      It's a 3 pin COP used in Mitsubishi cars such as Grandis, Outlander and possibly Eclipse, Galant. It's a smart coil so I'm running with ms2 with and TC4427s as per the megasquirt guide. No idea on figures, but working well so far...

Weight wise I did start to calculate it. It was coming in pretty close.

And thanks for all the feedback Have since swapped to an alu rad. Still running hot, so will be employing the rx7 oil cooler(s). Must also include the heater matrix into the plumbing system as an extra way to lose some heat.
                      Last edited by marcdh; October 16, 2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

...Have since swapped to an alu rad. Still running hot, so will be employing the rx7 oil cooler(s). Must also include the heater matrix into the plumbing system as an extra way to lose some heat.
                        Can you offset the license plate to one side? It looks like it is a huge cooling air flow obstruction at speed. Or does it just overheat when sitting still at intersections or parked and idling?

P.S. Damned fine job sir!
                        Restoration of a legend

Comment

What about stacking some washers under the hinges to let some heat out at the back of the hood?
                          Probe out for Harambe
                          94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

Originally posted by BLUEnoEQ View Post
                            What about stacking some washers under the hinges to let some heat out at the back of the hood?
                            At high speed you tend to generate a high pressure stagnation point where the Hood transitions to the windshield. If you shim your hood it will force the air under the hood creating lift and instability, you want your vent exit in a low pressure region.
                            93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
                            Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
                            1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

Originally posted by artsvetkov View Post
                              At high speed you tend to generate a high pressure stagnation point where the Hood transitions to the windshield. If you shim your hood it will force the air under the hood creating lift and instability, you want your vent exit in a low pressure region.
                              I thought that the base of the front windscreen is a low pressure region at speed?

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...-1600x1200.jpg

When there begins to be a void in the airstream near the base of the windscreen -isn't that area low pressure?
                              Last edited by KLZE Porsche; October 26, 2017, 07:36 AM.
                              Restoration of a legend

Comment

Okay, yep, you definitely don't want lift. I'll let you 2 hash it out. My thoughts: you have air coming in through the front of the nose, if you give it an outlet it will lower the pressure under the hood reducing lift and the air exiting then goes over the top of the windshield and body. But then... higher speed air over the top of the car could cause lift the way an airplane wing works. The picture is very convincing though -_- Fourth Gen F-bodies, supposedly, got light over 130 if you didn't vent the hood. Willing to hear both sides.
                                Probe out for Harambe
                                94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

Working...
                                X