X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry... I had a work emergency and needed to use my system. Try again or try the FTP: ftp://www.gilstarr.d2g.com/MSD_install/

I just renewed my domain and need to move everything over to the new server.
    Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6
    K&N CAI w/Open Shroud & Halltech Beehive
    Port matched intake manifold/exhaust
    Dual X-pipe conversion to Z06 HiFlow
    Diablo Sport ECU/TCM Tuned

Comment

thanks. I'll put this to good use tomarrow.
      95 GT~ZE: SOLD!!

Comment

alright, question. I have the 6AL and Blaster 3 Coil, but it didn't come with anything else to go with it. I have a 1993 Ford Probe SE mtx, so what all is required to install?

I printed off the diagram, but what is the deal with the wiring harness everyone is talking about? Also, is the additional tower necessary? I know I need new wires, but why can't I just mount the box, run the cables to the coil, and run the plug wire from the coil to the disty? What does the new tower do? Please get back to me, because I don't want to sound stupid, but I really know nothing about this install except what I have read here...

Comment

free harness still available - 01/06/05
          Last edited by X_TheLegend_x; January 10, 2005, 11:05 PM.
          1993 Ford Probe GT, Electric blue, "Shucks Special" WAI..., Hotshot Headers, Catco Highflow Cat., Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow, Fidanza 9lb Fywheel, , MSD 6A, MSD Blaster 3 Coil, PRD Plugwires, XTC Grounding Kit. , ACT Clutch. 1/4 mile... 14.9

Parting out car

Comment

Originally posted by xtreme2
            alright, question. I have the 6AL and Blaster 3 Coil, but it didn't come with anything else to go with it. I have a 1993 Ford Probe SE mtx, so what all is required to install?

I printed off the diagram, but what is the deal with the wiring harness everyone is talking about? Also, is the additional tower necessary? I know I need new wires, but why can't I just mount the box, run the cables to the coil, and run the plug wire from the coil to the disty? What does the new tower do? Please get back to me, because I don't want to sound stupid, but I really know nothing about this install except what I have read here...

IF you need the harness it is available from MSD Ignition directly. They will send it priority mail -free of charge /.../ But it really isnt much of a harness if you ask me... You could construct it yourself in 10 minutes... I am using my MSD setup for Megasquirt and for that purpose, the free harness is not used...

Comment

well i called MSD today 1/18/2005, asked for Joe LaPille, and asked about the harness...

bad news. "last time he checked they had two left, and they weren't mailing them out anymore."

but he said, "i'll write down your address and mail one out to you if i find one".

so, that kind of sucks. it's not that hard of a piece to make. but i just wanted to update everyone.

ben

2007 Volvo S40 T5 AWD

Comment

hi all,

I bought the Mallory hyfire VIal basicly the same as a msd 6al, same wire color and designation. I am wondering the best way to set it up using a ZE disty .... do i have to use a transistor or would that harness that you can get from msd work?

if i have to use a transistor that is fine, i looked into this and cant really get a confirmed part # on the npn transistor, radio shack isnt much help when i ask for 3055 here in Canada. Will any NPN transistor work?

thanks for your help!

Comment

It should be noted that:

The advertised MSD coil wires will not work with a PRD distributor cap

Instead PRD / Probesport can supply the wire if you tell him what coil is used etc

Comment

How do you hook up a klze distributor to the klo3 motor? The wiring harness plugs are different. Is there some kind of hack job to do? I am currently stranded with an assumed bad distributor and a klze distributor- I have an msd blaster 2 coil as I was before running the HEI/blaster2 mod. Is there no way to run the klze distributor with this motor? Does it only work with a klze? I would like to run it with my external coil, and if that is possible, I will need some instructions and/or schematics. Please help as I am stranded currently.
                    95 black gt mtx (CAI, msd sp wires, grounding kit, 12" mtx sub, blaupunkt fronts and kenwood rears, tweeters, etc.)

Comment

created new cap for those who have clearance issues. like i will. and cant find a ze cap with the 7th tower.http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701142428
                      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                      2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

new msd install. http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...post1922088317
                        1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                        1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                        2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                        2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                        1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

I've read through this post and have one question, what do you connect to the stock 3 pin harness? and what do you not connect of course. I have a 95 and I am using a 93/94 disty with the msd adapter, I know if I want to run the 93 disty on my car I move the wires around on the 3 pin harness, however I do not know what to connect with the msd setup or if there is still something that needs to be moved, I do see that pictures that show the 3 pin connector tapped into a msd line, however I can't clearly tell what is what.

thanks in advance.

Comment

well, i wired it all up as best as i could see from the pictures, i get a "wants to start" out of her, only thing I have left in the there has not been replaced is the rotor, i'm going to pick up a new one tommorrow and see what is up. could my timing be off as well? I made sure to line up my marks, but then again it is a different disty all together, so i can't be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by CocheRapido
                              well, i wired it all up as best as i could see from the pictures, i get a "wants to start" out of her, only thing I have left in the there has not been replaced is the rotor, i'm going to pick up a new one tommorrow and see what is up. could my timing be off as well? I made sure to line up my marks, but then again it is a different disty all together, so i can't be sure.
                              did you just do msd? did you use an external coil? probe or mx6?
                              what colors are your 3 pin harness?
                              Last edited by bencollinz; February 27, 2005, 05:38 PM.

2007 Volvo S40 T5 AWD

Comment

yes, msd 6al, nology external coil, 95pgt, my 3 pin harness is black, yellow, green, i switched the wires around as per the 93 disty fix. I'll get pics tommorrow, I'm done for today.

Comment

Working...
                                X