Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Tech Section > 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L

2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Discussion of Maint Issues for V6

Old October 18th, 2004, 08:56 AM   #1
timr467

Angry Help, My tail lights, dash lights, and park lights dont work

I have a 97 probe that I receantly purchased. The only lights that are come on when I turn on my lights is the head lights.

The tail lights, park lights, fog lights, and dash lights are not working. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem?
timr467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2004, 10:39 AM   #2
bato_yu

damn bro sorry totell you but you probably fried a ground wire somehow and it melted with other ones . This hapened to me when I was installing neons and extracting power from the lighter. and through my carelesnes i conected the ground with the power suply for only a few seconds and the ground wire burned all the way to the main harness and then i realized that my dash or tail end lights didn't work. i had to take the radio and ac console out and follow the wire all the way back and replace.
Took about 3 hours. GOOD LUCK
bato_yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2004, 12:17 PM   #3
fekinfast_gt
Slow Learner

Arrow

mayb u should try checking all the fuses the cover over the fuse case inside yer car and under your hood both have a diagram telling u what fuse does what check the brake lioghts or check all the fuses make sure there not blown

PGT deep

fekin fast probe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fekinfast_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2004, 02:32 PM   #4
jordanmc31
PT Regular

Could be condensation getting into the light sockets.
jordanmc31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2004, 03:27 PM   #5
95gt4me
Search Impaired

i had this problem before. i remember it was a fuse. dont remember where though.
95gt4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2004, 05:16 PM   #6
punkerx86

its fuse number 11 i believe, but hey if i'm having that problem but it keeps blowing the fuses when i replace them and i've tried putting in bigger amped ones and they blow too is it a bad ground connection?
punkerx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2004, 05:19 PM   #7
Project GT
Balls Across The Nose

man see all my shit work except my gauge lights...i'm stuck on that one
Project GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2004, 07:04 PM   #8
ouch1011
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkerx86
its fuse number 11 i believe, but hey if i'm having that problem but it keeps blowing the fuses when i replace them and i've tried putting in bigger amped ones and they blow too is it a bad ground connection?
Fuses blow when excess current is running through them, meaning that one of the wires is shorting to ground. Not fun stuff, as it involves tracing the wiring through the car, looking for wires with broken insulation.... DO NOT put a higher rating fuse in there, or anything else to replace the fuse, as that is a textbook way to start a fire.

To the original poster, your problem is a fuse. All those lights are operated off the same fuse. I can't remember which one, unfortunately, and I don't want to dig up my owners manual to find out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ouch1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2004, 09:38 AM   #9
timr467

I got them to work. I had a wire off at the switch in the turnsignal.
timr467 is offline   Reply With Quote