Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have inter-cooled my SC setup. It can be done.

Comment

Any partnumbers for the merc charger?

What if you want to keep the A/C?
      1995 2.0 16V

Comment

It would have to be shaft driven. but if you want it to be intercooled you couldnt run the piping for it.

Is there a piping kit for the supercharger? besides the Mrs Speed kit?
        1996 Green Chevy Cheyenne 5.0 with Ebay CAI, Cat-Back Duals, Ebay Headers

1949 Chevy 1/2 Ton Truck (In Progress)

Soon to be bought, Gold 1997 PGT

Comment

[QUOTE=hkpro5;1923922467]I have inter-cooled my SC setup. It can be done.[/QUOTE

Would you happen to have a diagram or specific measurements on your piping size and length? or did you just kinda throw it in as you went? Can the kit be done in a weekend or so? and how much did you gain after the SC?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to learn as much as possible before i go head first into this. Thanks!

Comment

I havent dynoed the car yet so Im not sure on the gains.

As for the kit I just put it together myself. I did make a custom SC outlet though. the piping is 2.5" I have the shortest run possible. (goes though where the Radiator is on each side.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82...il/photo55.jpg
            http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82...il/photo49.jpg

Comment

alright sweet. thanks man. If you get a chance could i see a picture of the engine bay?

Comment

Here is the only pick I have. Sorry.
                http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82...il/photo49.jpg

Comment

oh ok. Well we'll have to see haha.

Comment

am new here today and i just wanted to say wow what a write up extreamly teaching and very useful indeed am glad i registered in

Comment

they definetly know what theyre talking about.

Comment

Very helpful, I have a question though. Will this all apply equally to an mx6? I own a 2.0 mx6 and find this intriguing.

Thank you

Comment

as long as you have an FS motor it should apply.

Comment

How reliable are the FS motors? Can they handle 15 psi of boost stock?...With the right tune?

Comment

nice.

Comment

Originally posted by daygobaker View Post
                                How reliable are the FS motors? Can they handle 15 psi of boost stock?...With the right tune?
                                With the right tune maybe.I know stock KL(v6) rods bend at 14 sooo. I think its in the 1st post 8-10psi max is reliable. But IMO its more like 8 fmu. 10 tuned.
                                heres a boost compression calc http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/compression.htm
                                14:1 c/r is the max recommended compression for 93 oct. 9:1 c/r for the 2. slow motor + 8 psi= 13.8 c/r @ ground level. So unless your going to adjust your timming or go E85 ect dont go higher than 8.

Just like the 2.5L anything higher on stock comp and youll shorten the life of you engine and sooner or later rings will blow, rods will bend and/or pistons will melt, bearings will... i think u get my point.
                                Last edited by ZE runner; August 18, 2011, 09:21 AM.
                                Current DD- 04 Neon Srt4
                                02 SuperHawk http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/...0%20Superhawk/
                                97 PGT-ZE-T- Parted and sold
                                97 PGT- Sold,
                                07 Mazda6 Grand Touring- Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X