Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help!!! all confused... HEI external coil still wont start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!!! all confused... HEI external coil still wont start?

ok so heres whats going on...

my disty went out on my 94 mx3 klze so i bought a blaster ss external coil and the 4 pin hei module with a klze 7 nipple disty... i wiring everything up and it still wont start? i have no spark... so i doublecheck and every seems ok... try to start it again, no go... so i take out every thing and rewire it all with the hei module well grounded and everything looks good but still no start... every thing turns but i have no spark? could it be my hei module is burnt or what could it be?
    94 mx3 klde turbo,10psi, Garrett GT2871R, msns, Bodykit, turbo XS rfl bov,msd 6A,tial w/g,AWR mounts, bully stage3 clutch,Black fmic, RX-8 black leather seats + lots more!!!

cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/386950...2d-hawks-on-ca

write down how you have everything connected and we can go over it together. I just completed my hei yesterday, took me a few days, trying different things, not all the diagrams are correct. Ben collins has the best diagram that works
    95 PGT HOLSET HX35 AND 10PSI daily driver
    91 MX6GT built FE3N HX40 25PSI
    05 Subaru legacy GT family car

Comment

Originally posted by garfield View Post
      write down how you have everything connected and we can go over it together. I just completed my hei yesterday, took me a few days, trying different things, not all the diagrams are correct. Ben collins has the best diagram that works
      this is the one i used... who is ben collins?

94 mx3 klde turbo,10psi, Garrett GT2871R, msns, Bodykit, turbo XS rfl bov,msd 6A,tial w/g,AWR mounts, bully stage3 clutch,Black fmic, RX-8 black leather seats + lots more!!!

Comment

my fix for a no spark issue even after HEI was a fuse issue, but thats just me and still getting used to everything that can go wrong with cars. just thought i would throw that in.
        07 Mazda3 bone stock daily
        87 Foxbody 5.0 - 217whp/272tq 12.4:1afr!
        94 MX-6: SOLD!
        93 PGT- ZE, headers, exhaust, CAI, Capsule Racing intake manifold (VRIS delete), Mx3 fw, Act 6-puck, AEM af guage (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Felonofdope View Post
          my fix for a no spark issue even after HEI was a fuse issue, but thats just me and still getting used to everything that can go wrong with cars. just thought i would throw that in.
          yeah thats right it could me a fuse, i never thought of that... which one should i check?

Comment

which fuse should i check first and whos Ben collins ?

i need to get that car running!!!

Comment

My car is a 94 so the wires might be a different color. The (B) the HEI should be connected to the power wire (black/pink) from the 3 pin connector, the (C) should have a wire going to the yellow/green the opposite end of the black wire on the 3 pin connector, you can jump across from the (C) with a 1k res to the middle wire so your tach will work. What kind of coil are you using and what are you doing to get the spark back to the distributor
              Last edited by garfield; March 14, 2009, 02:02 PM.
              95 PGT HOLSET HX35 AND 10PSI daily driver
              91 MX6GT built FE3N HX40 25PSI
              05 Subaru legacy GT family car

Comment

the one that caused my issue is the F/P inj fuse, had a short on the rear O2 wire and it poped it.
                93 PGT- ZE, headers, exhaust, CAI, Capsule Racing intake manifold (VRIS delete), Mx3 fw, Act 6-puck, AEM af guage (SOLD)

Comment

the one that caused my issue is the F/P inj fuse, had a short on the rear O2 wire and it poped it.
                  haha man i looked at my fuses this morning and the fuel injector fuse was poped im so happy it was only that... but now my starter died...

Comment

was it the one i stated? cause if it was, if it pops again, i would crawl under and look atthe rear O2 and see if there is a short in the wire, thats what my issue was

Comment

was it the one i stated? cause if it was, if it pops again, i would crawl under and look atthe rear O2 and see if there is a short in the wire, thats what my issue was
                      its the fuel inh fuse and it did repop so i unplug my rer o2 sensor because i know its kind of tight down there and that probably the problem... it did no pop again...

so its all good thx...

Comment

yeah just re-read that you have a mx3, i would still crawl under and look for any contact points, like to the rear header and such, my contact was on the axle, wore a spot in the wire... i just taped it up, and moved it out of the way and hung it up. no more issues. :-D

Comment

ok i ill look tommorow what can do... but i know the sensor is touching somewhere cant remember exactly but ill see tommorow...

thx alot felonofdope

Comment

I see what's wrong.

You used the red wire from the 3 pins connector to the "C" wich is the signal needed to fire the coil. Actually, it's on the good place, but this is the wire that send the tach signal and the "keep alive" signal to the cluster and to the ECU. You need to send the signal that will fire the ignitor and the one that also need to be on that spot is the orange, and the unused black/green need to be hook to the "G" spot

So you'll have 3 wires connected to the "C", yellow/blue, red, orange and the black/green to the "G". That should fix your spark issue.

Last edited by mazdasly75; March 16, 2009, 10:19 AM.
                            1996 MX3, KL, stock internal, T3T4, 10psi, tial wastegate and blow off, 450cc injectors, 255lph, 3" mandrel bend exaust, 67mmTB, megasquirt II, launch control/boost controler built in.
                            1993 Mazda familia GT-R megasquirt, 25 psi

Comment

its all good now... the car run ok...

Comment

Working...
                              X