No announcement yet.

My new CAR!!!! Fastest EvAr!!1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My father just got an 00 vette with 41,000 miles 6 spd etc etc for $22,000..
    please update your email address

Comment

Well, it's probably bolt-on vs. mufflers being welded in. The difference is, you can do a catback yourself, welding is harder. So you can save on installation. Catbacks run anywhere from $400-800, MAYBE less depending on the brand. My Mac Flowpath catback with 3" stainless steel tips ran me $300 free shipping from MustangWarehouse. Check www.macperformance.com for info on them (check Vette forums to see how Mac is for the Vette, I'm not sure.)
      Jon, 2006 CGM GTO <<MOD LIST>> <<FQUICK>> <<CARDOMAIN>> <<CURRENT XHAUST VID>> <<MORE XHAUST VIDS>>
      The Daily Driver: 2006 Hyundai Sonata...234WhoppingHP
      RIP: 1999 Mustang GT 5-spd GONE: 90 Probe LX

Comment

Originally posted by chris619
        z06 are only 50 more hp, so it wouldn't be that surprising for a c5 vette to hit 12.9 after some bolt ons
        Maybe if it's not a slushbox.

j/k
        Jon, 2006 CGM GTO <<MOD LIST>> <<FQUICK>> <<CARDOMAIN>> <<CURRENT XHAUST VID>> <<MORE XHAUST VIDS>>

Comment

btw, Cris, you might wanna change your avatar now. Here you go.

Last edited by SlimmGT; June 26, 2004, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimmGT
            That's called extreme sarcasm, cris. Wasn't your Mustang an automatic? That's mid 16's stock then. The Vette also being an automatic should be mid-high 13's. And how in the HELL are you getting that kind of insurance rate?!
            Hahaha, shit, i'm a lil hung over so I didn't quite catch the sarcasm. And yeah, the v6 stang was an auto (slowmatic) and would be 16's I guess

This is why I'm so SHOCK and AWE right now because of the CRAZY IMPROVEMENT! I'm not used to this! My v6 would have a nice delay time when I would floor it and the vette PUSHES ME back to the seat. I'm like a lil girl who wet her pants right now
            Halo 3: 5 Star General (6000 EXP)

XBL Tag: Jimmy Bags

"I like how strippers try to glamourize their jobs by calling themselves professional dancers"
            C619

Comment

Originally posted by SlimmGT
              btw, Cris, you might wanna change your avatar now. Here you go.

Sweet! Thanks! I hope damon changes it for me! I'm not a 5 star member so I can't change my avatar.

"I like how strippers try to glamourize their jobs by calling themselves professional dancers"
              C619

Comment

I went from a 17-second Probe to a 14-second Mustang, so same difference here

Just today, I wanted to merge over in the next lane to turn into the shopping center I work at... the SUV next to me wouldn't let me in, the Acura in front of it was going to slow so I floored it in 2nd up to 4.5k at about 55, then turned in. Power is fun

It's a good idea to drive in an empty lot to learn limitations. You shouldn't be doing stupid stuff anyway, but get used to accelerating (hard even) out of corners and get used to your car.

Comment

Originally posted by KMAzz
                  My father just got an 00 vette with 41,000 miles 6 spd etc etc for $22,000..
                  That's killeR! I was so close to getting this 00 6spd vette for 23k with only 50k mileS!
                  http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...d=n&cardist=74
                  BUT! it seemed like a rip off, I called my bank for the loan and they told me since it wasn't a 'franchise' dealership they couldn't give me the loan for that car. Also the seller told me they were still waiting for the title from the 'bank' who repo'ed the vette. So it was most likely a scam so I backed away....

C619

Comment

I also saw you guys talking about the SLP Loudmouth exhaust. I didn't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure what you came to the conclusion of, but I personally don't like it. A friend of mine has that exhaust and has shown me videos of it on other 5.7l's and it sounds kinda raunchy to me.

Comment

• Yeah, it has no tone, but it's freakin' loud!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon90LX-SE
                        Well, it's probably bolt-on vs. mufflers being welded in. The difference is, you can do a catback yourself, welding is harder. So you can save on installation. Catbacks run anywhere from $400-800, MAYBE less depending on the brand. My Mac Flowpath catback with 3" stainless steel tips ran me $300 free shipping from MustangWarehouse. Check www.macperformance.com for info on them (check Vette forums to see how Mac is for the Vette, I'm not sure.)

You know a lot about exhaust huh

The local muffler shop where I got my dual 40 series flowmaters charge me 500 TOTAL! for parts (the actual flowmasters) and labor! Not bad, But i'm guessing they would charge me WAY MORE on the vette since it's quad tips! I'll have to ask. You think 40 series flowmaster would be a good idea?
                        Last edited by chris619; June 26, 2004, 02:53 PM.

C619

Comment

• you should have bought a probe Cris, your now off my Aol buddy list for that
                          -Kyle
                          93 Black probe (K-sporting) My Cardomain

Mazdaspeed SVO 2.Slow turbo build teaser thread**

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpgt1994
                            you should have bought a probe Cris, your now off my Aol buddy list for that
                            Awesome! No more of your annoying PINEAPPLE jokes! YAY! I win life!

I have come to the conclusion that I will not get rid of this car until I can afford something faster

C619

Comment

• Id personally get a Borla if I had a Vette....they sound so amazing! Thats what they run on the vettes at my work (Bondurant High Performance Driving)....
                              If you want a REAL vette you should have gotten a manual Z06! Those things make you feel like your in a rocket! Your car is still nice looking anyway
                              Last edited by LiVinG LeGenD; June 26, 2004, 03:01 PM.
                              95 pgt
                              97 240sx

Comment

• Originally posted by chris619
                                Awesome! No more of your annoying PINEAPPLE jokes! YAY! I win life!

I have come to the conclusion that I will not get rid of this car until I can afford something faster
                                ouch
                                well, just make sure to stay awake with this one
                                -Kyle
                                93 Black probe (K-sporting) My Cardomain

Mazdaspeed SVO 2.Slow turbo build teaser thread**

Comment

Working...
                                X