Project spare parts 1gn restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project spare parts 1gn restoration

Well, I think I found a gem. 1991 pgt, 97k miles, bone stock. Bought not running with an electrical issue and towed from St. Louis to Chicago. The underside has 2 small spots of rust, otherwise looks brand new!!

Craigslist photos

I got the car back to my shop (yes this one is in good hands) and went to work right away. The car was owned by a smoker, step one was removing the seats and a full interior detail. Shampoo the carpet, seats, headliner etc. while the seats were out I went ahead and pulled the under dash fuse box as the car had no spark or power to the main relay. Cleaned and reassembled everything and boom, car starts right up. 👍

The car does have some sun fade and clear coat peeling on the roof. After a quick hand buff it shined up well. I had a set of 17s laying around, so I ordered some new 225/45 tires and went to work spray bombing them.

Now that the car is cleaned up and runs. We can begin mechanical upgrades. I'll snap more pics today when I get in the shop.
    1993 BMW 325i - turbo small block ford
    2006 envoy Denali
    1991 pgt - rust free gem acquired in 2017
    Still miss my first gens...90pgt-junked, 89pgt-junked, 89mx6gt-sold, 90pgt-sold, 90pgt-sold

Upon installing the wheels, i noticed a brake caliper bolt missing in the rear. I went ahead and ordered the following parts:

Caliper slide pins/bolts, front/rear brake pads, plugs, wires, rotor, cap, valve cover gasket, belts, valve, and some new wiper blades.

I've installed all these now, and flushed the brake fluid, clutch, oil and trans fluid. Still have to drain radiator and add fresh coolant.

2006 envoy Denali
    Still miss my first gens...90pgt-junked, 89pgt-junked, 89mx6gt-sold, 90pgt-sold, 90pgt-sold

Comment

And here is why it's nicknamed project spare parts. I own a small fabrication/automotive repair shop and I have acquired a handful of items that have been laying around for awhile now.

First I built this intercooler for a fiesta st, the customer swore it was causing knock (it turned out to be his tune) so in the spirit of customer is always right I built him a "better" intercooler. I know there are better options for inlet/outlets but spare parts. I am keeping the a/c functional so, stock piping locations were a must. Most of the bends came from my scrap bin ����

Next on the spare parts list: hks blow off valve, walbro 255 fuel pump, turbo back exhaust, black vinyl wrap exterior??

We also do powder coating in house, this is my other ford powered ride, all powdercoat done in house. I'm thinking basic black and red for the probe?
      Last edited by Masat03; January 24, 2017, 08:15 AM.
      2006 envoy Denali

Comment

Hmm, you interested in fabricating up some stuff for 1st gens? intercooler piping? Exhaust with v band? Pipe with iat sensor bung?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyNC View Post
          Hmm, you interested in fabricating up some stuff for 1st gens? intercooler piping? Exhaust with v band? Pipe with iat sensor bung?
          Yup, ive already dropped the entire stock exhaust and will be building a 02 back setup now (unless I can find the turbo outlet flanges) I normally use vbands on everything. The intercooler pipes I'm building now should work fine for stock locations, and can include blow off valve flanges or bungs to suit your needs.
          2006 envoy Denali

Comment

Hey man I'm near Chicago and just pick up a 90pgt with 79k miles from Ohio!! I would like a fmic and exhaust message me

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I searched for months till I found a clean one

Comment

Nice work with the IC, good to see another 1g around these parts.
              1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
              1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
              2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
              2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
              2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

car is almost done with vinyl wrap. Avery gloss black. Chipped ecu is in and back running. Pretty much just need to build the exhaust and she's road ready.

2006 envoy Denali

Comment

Working...
                X