No announcement yet.

TEIN - Pictures of SuperStreet Kit w/ Pillow Ball Upper Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see how it looks in it's lowest setting just for adjustability not to say I'd ride like that but just to see how low it really can go
    Kevin Heisler

90 JDM Fairlady Z , twin turbo lots of stuff done already but not enough space in the sig

Comment

Monotube or twintube style dampers?
      Damping force curve available to post/email?
      Gas pressurized?
      Damper body made of steel or aluminum?
      Weight?
      Shaft diameter?
      Camber adjustment range?
      Availability of separate comp/rebound adjustments as an extra-cost option?
      Availabilty of side adjusters instead of top adjusters as an option?
      Availablity of rubber insulators between the camber plate and the fender to reduce road noise?
      Last edited by Hans[93GT]; October 20, 2005, 06:50 PM.

Comment

hmm.

/me wonders why hans asks these questions of us when he will probably never install them.

hans, drop pizzi a PM. he'll have a lot more of the technical details than i.
        ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Me wonders when that write up on this suspension is coming along...or perhaps i missed it
          1994 pse- sold
          1990 S5 RX-7 TII- destroys the autox/drift scene
          1987 S4 RX-7 TII-wishing i could keep the tires planted
          1988 mazda 323 GTX- Very much rally
          2003 MSP-daily monster

Comment

Ok, not fair, I can't see the pictures...

Laters
            Ryan
            Ryan
            '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
            SMF Prep:
            MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

http://www.tein.com/ti/j04.html there u go for all u picture and info lovers
              Probetalks Japanese Otaku Anime Guru!!!! And World of Warcraft Player (Bleeding Hallow Server) go Horde!!
              Virginia Probe Owners Club

Comment

im still patiently waiting on these to be released....
                my email address is NOT working!

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
                  keep in mind that these parts are prototypes. the final production pieces might be 'all green' as you suggest, although word has it that this item might come exactly as you see it.
                  Tein colors many of their camber-adjustable pillowball mounts orange or silver. I forgot what the significance of the color difference was (I think it was that the silver/orange ones are available separately, but I'm not sure), but yeah. It's a Tein thing.

Comment

ahhhhhh i wanna update from the men in charge... whats going on... can we expect a release date before 06'?

Comment

Hi,

first I would like to say good job guys. My only question might have already been covered but I was unable to locate it. I want to know the difference in the weight of the tein suspension compared to the stock suspension. I would be useing this for a drag set up and am trying to locate any means of reducing weight. Our suspension feels very heavy. Any weight difference between each strut or maybe whole suspension? Hope this is not to much to ask. Thanks.
                      I dubb thee sir speed alot...

I own 4pgts ....I'm raising a probe family.

Comment

uppppppppdate please... im so anxious!

Comment

Originally posted by dmark101
                          if you've got to say something like that, then you simply do not know anything about TEIN in general or this coilover setup in particular.

for the record, the normal retail price of k-sports are ~$1,100.00USD. the price that the old bulk buy had was a bit cheaper, but keep in mind that it was in a bulk buy.

the normal retail price for this TEIN setup will be close to the same as the k-sports, however these parts have a much better performance aspect and are the setup of choice for quite a few racers in japan, D-1, and the other drifting tour that's here.

the D-1 2005 mustang runs TEIN. i have yet to see ANY race team using k-sport.

you tell me if it's justified. and

We had race team in D1, (well one driver at least). Cant say we had as much invested in publicity, but we were there
                          Last edited by ksport; December 20, 2005, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Well just because Tein is suppose to be really good doesn't mean we need to "bash" K-Sport! That's what it seems like people are doing anyway.
                            Katrena
                            Sold 97 Rio Red PGT Stock
                            RIP 94 Electric Red PGT Borla • TW Motorsports
                            95 Seafoam Green PGT
                            I facebook.

Comment

I won't turn down a set of KSports. I'd prefer some Tein's, but then again, I'd prefer them on an FD or RX8, so

Comment

Well, I personally have ridden on these and I will throw out my views.
                                This is comparing to stock susp on stock wheels, and eibach pro's and tokico blues on stock wheels

The teins showed themselves to be a very clean and smooth suspension.

They are not really that harsh, you can feel that they are stiffer then stock, but they handle bumps and such with about the same overall feel, just its a more crisp bump.

On turning it seems to give a very controlled and stable feel to the car, balancing out rather well, its very very clean and smooth. Much more so then anything i have been in as so far for the probe.

Personally i would drop the money and pick a set of these up if i was going that direction and didnt already have the money invested.
                                Got boost?
                                2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
                                Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X