czt engine kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93GTSR
    wow, sucks to hear this guys. Makes me glad that i have moved on to cars with actual aftermarket performance, and being able to buy things that have been tested many many many times, and i know they work
    Following is always easier than leading
    Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
    PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
    1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
    1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Originally posted by charger758
      What a nightmare, I hope you get this straightened out, thanks for posting too. Before I buy an engine kit it will help with my research.
      Glad to see you got your intake temps down man!
      95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
      93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
      89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
      04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
      Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Originally posted by Probesport
        Following is always easier than leading

Leading for years and years and going through 3 transmissions a summer takes it toll

So now ive moved on to cracking ringlands on 3sgte's

-Ty

Comment

probesport, ole friend, why don't you lead us into a piston/rod kit that genuinely works? I believe we would all be grateful....
          I choose to believe what I was programed to believe.
          My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by twinturbo6
            probesport, ole friend, why don't you lead us into a piston/rod kit that genuinely works? I believe we would all be grateful....
            why ? the czt kit is good enough. just a problem with the bearing size. depends on the wear you have on the crank
            Steve's klze turbo powered MX-3
            01 Golf GTI 1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by babyblueMX3
              why ? the czt kit is good enough. just a problem with the bearing size. depends on the wear you have on the crank
              I think it was moreso because CZT's business habits have been questionable in the past so handing ~$1300 over might not be something people are willing to do . . . especially if CZT already has $400 of their cash for some .. other product.

I agree the bearing size isn't a real issue from the numerous people with this kit I have spoken to. Just bring a rod, bearing, and crank to the machine shop and say "make workie" and if the shop's decent, they can machine the crank ever so slightly to make it work.
              Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
              1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

Originally posted by TRWeiss1
                Glad to see you got your intake temps down man!

Thanks, at the moment she is running better than ever.
                98 Z3
                2000 F150

Comment

Originally posted by Fastest95PGT
                  I think it was moreso because CZT's business habits have been questionable in the past so handing ~$1300 over might not be something people are willing to do . . . especially if CZT already has $400 of their cash for some .. other product.

I agree the bearing size isn't a real issue from the numerous people with this kit I have spoken to. Just bring a rod, bearing, and crank to the machine shop and say "make workie" and if the shop's decent, they can machine the crank ever so slightly to make it work.
                  Well if i was doing it, i would also have the shop measure the rods themselves, like i said earlier they were out of round by a big margin on my build!!

The rods, were not czt's fault in anyway, if anything, i would place the blame on scat for not checking to make sure they bored the rods out properly.

Ive talked to rob nemerous times, and he has always been upfront (with me anyways) on how long something was going to take to ship. He told me 3 and a half months on my engine kit, as he would have to wait for the pistons. It ended up taking him 4. Id do buisness with him again.

Ryan

Comment

Hey this is gus 93pgt on a diff computer,anywho,destroyed bearings=machine shop error.They have to machine each bearing journal,and line hone the block/girdle and the balance the rotating assembly.Reason is the .040 is alot for the mains,it's expensive,but it has to be done,otherwise when the motor sees alot of stress the main bearings will just get demolished.I'm into DSMs now,but same machining process has to be taken.I would try and get sme money back off the machine shop.

Comment

Originally posted by bslav94pgt
                      Hey this is gus 93pgt on a diff computer,anywho,destroyed bearings=machine shop error.They have to machine each bearing journal,and line hone the block/girdle and the balance the rotating assembly.Reason is the .040 is alot for the mains,it's expensive,but it has to be done,otherwise when the motor sees alot of stress the main bearings will just get demolished.I'm into DSMs now,but same machining process has to be taken.I would try and get sme money back off the machine shop.

You sir are correct. This is what was done with my block to ensure proper fitment of the 40 over bearings!

Ryan

Comment

0.040 over is insane, the machine shop I worked at for a brief time wouldn't cut a crank past 0.020 for insurance liability reasons, 'most' cranks should be re-hardened after that cut.

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701168188
                        1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
                        1980 Fairmont 4-door, S472, Megasquirt, 351C, 678rwhp.
                        2003 Mach 1, FR500 engine, 372rwhp w/out spray.
                        2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

It's a .040 over bearing for the Mustang rods.. which puts it something like .005 over for our crank or something.
                          Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi

Comment

I've always been curious what rods they used, too funny! I'm making the assumption 5.4" SBF w/2.1" SBC journals like superprobe and I had talked about way back when... kinda cool. Hopefully the worked around the side clearance issue.
                            1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
                            1980 Fairmont 4-door, S472, Megasquirt, 351C, 678rwhp.
                            2003 Mach 1, FR500 engine, 372rwhp w/out spray.
                            2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

Yes they did, they machined the rods on the sides. If anyone is really intrested i could take some pics of the machining done to the side of the rods, since they are still out of my block at the moment!

Ryan

Comment

Pics would be good Ryan.

Comment

Working...
                                X